X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
    If I recall correctly, BC had a similar midweek game at UConn last year that did not turn out well. I hope history does not repeat itself.
    It's early but this appears to be UConn's national title game tonight just like last year's win over BC was for them. They are 3-9 and on a 7 game losing streak. Last win for them was at home against BU. Best be ready to play tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
      If I recall correctly, BC had a similar midweek game at UConn last year that did not turn out well. I hope history does not repeat itself.
      It is worth noting that Uconn seems to get a nice schedule in handling BC so far thru 1.5 seasons in the league.

Last year Uconn had a Sunday game in Newark before their Tuesday home game vs BC. BC meanwhile had Friday and Saturday games in Denver. The second time around Uconn had an extra 3 days of rest. Tonight Uconn has a full week of rest vs. BC's 2.

Now that I've given them an excuse to lose, I hope they get over it and beat those knuckledraggers.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I'll be there tonight. The butler has been instructed that the bulletproof car is a necessity with those knuckledraggers trying to throw bottles at anything that says BC on it.

Comment

It was brutal last year losing 1-0 ?? or was 2-1 ?

They're already ahead 1-0 tonight ) now 2-0 already ! Cangelosi and White so far .....

On a side note they grabbed Max Letunov from BU )
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

well certainly interesting.

blitzed them in the first 13-5 in shots, then started planning thanksgiving dinner the next 40

gave up way too many lazy 2 on 1s in the 3rd

btw bc tweeted out that there were 7200+ there? i'd be shocked if it was more than half that

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

blitzed them in the first 13-5 in shots, then started planning thanksgiving dinner the next 40

btw bc tweeted out that there were 7200+ there? i'd be shocked if it was more than half that
              Maybe they used the same counting method there that they used at Agganis!

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

I drove by Hartford today to and from NYC with my daughter but too tired to drive back for the game later. So I just listened to the game.

The way this is going, the team is having an even distribution on offense. Keep in mind there will be inflated stats when they play certain teams and averaging 4 or more goals per game.

Before the break they will have games vs RIT, NU and ND. It is possible they will be 15-1-0 the way they are playing.

Do you think after the 1st period they just called off the dogs ? Later they added 1 more to make it 5-1. There are a few BC connections besides Cav. on the UConn team. I heard Buckley does recruiting for them on that radio interview during the broadcast.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

the calling off the dogs idea crossed my mind as there were pretty blatant moments in the 3rd bc was gliding at 50%

i will also say we have some dmen that can seriously bring it. mccoshen, fitz, obviously savage, & courturier hammered one last night

Comment

Glad to see you made it out of Hartford safely, claver.

You have to think the fine folks there got a glimpse of their future in hockey... a long losing streak extended, getting smoked by BC, and the only damage they can do is to their opponents strength of schedule. We can hold out hope I guess that we can swap them for Quinnipiac in the future.

We can expect a lawsuit from them anytime now.
                    Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 11-25-2015, 08:14 AM.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

biggest concern was coming back and finding the car on cinderblocks

i wonder how long cav is for that job. get them back to middle of HE, spin it as a miracle and GTFO for a big time program (wisco?). i wonder if he would leave the northeast.

Comment

They seem to be recruiting ok but your right, i think cav will ultimately top out at uconn as a middle of the pack hockey east team

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Maybe they used the same counting method there that they used at Agganis!
                          where is BC attendance expert Brian Gentry when you need him!

Comment

great to see #26 on the score sheet again, need it

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              biggest concern was coming back and finding the car on cinderblocks

i wonder how long cav is for that job. get them back to middle of HE, spin it as a miracle and GTFO for a big time program (wisco?). i wonder if he would leave the northeast.
                              Drove up from New York for the game. Grew up in Brighton and lived in Hartford for 11 years. At entry they told us that per UConn policy, they couldn't let my girlfriend her take her camera into the arena. UConn, of course, is the 800-pound gorilla in that state.

So be it. I brought her camera back to my car and put it in the trunk. Then, when we tried to enter again, some thuggish female security guard who probably couldn't spell Connecticut got out a tape measure and told her that her purse was too big. We made a stink and they let us through, but put a silly green wristband on the purse. I asked if that assured us free roller-coaster rides and they gave us dirty looks.

Nice to see BC hang a four-spot in the first 11 minutes. By the way, if they announced a crowd of 7,200, they were lying.

Comment

Just so many things to love about uconn and that building, right? This thanksgiving, i am thankful for joey bertagna.

Comment

Working...
                                X