PDA

View Full Version : Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Hokydad
12-07-2015, 07:50 AM
Lots of good players out there at 96 level. Garland for example is much better and would fit that role better. York had nothing to do with it, has moved on and is above that
If I asked by the right protected source, he of course would share his honest direct opinion but what high end coach doesn't.
He didn't get invited because he is not better than the players invited. He is a 97 and will probably get his turn next year.

Nick Papagiorgio
12-07-2015, 08:03 AM
I was just about to say, I wonder what hoky thinks of this. Obviously you and I both have been critical of previous bad decisions by Team USA but this really doesn't seem like that bad of a decision. Can't have a kid that is a b!itch ruining team chemistry during this tournament or a kid that is afraid to go into corners because he is #notagrinder.

We all know York had nothing to do with this (Tater, how is the attendance analysis going for this season?).

That Bracco family meltdown on twitter last night was priceless. And to be honest it was spectacular to see in almost a sad way. BUT BUT BUT he is the all-time assist leader!!!!!!

It's shocking but who could have guessed that when you become an adult and you make decisions, they might actually have consequences.

REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see USA get the gold now without him.

bothman
12-07-2015, 08:42 AM
I don't think York had anything to do with it but fair is fair.

He walked out on the team after only 5 games and didn't even tell the coach face to face his sudden departure. If you make a commitment then keep your word at least for a year. You walk out on your team mates and burn a scholarship. I think some of his team mates said it best, if he didn't want to be here, good riddance.

Thinking about it, maybe USA Hockey looked at it and said, if he walked out on York, maybe he will do the same on our team when it doesn't suit him anymore. "We only want guys who want to be here."

I wonder what Hanafin, White, and some of his other former teammates think of him?

SJHovey
12-07-2015, 08:47 AM
That Bracco family meltdown on twitter last night was priceless.Is Jonathan Bracco his father?

Nick Papagiorgio
12-07-2015, 08:59 AM
Is Jonathan Bracco his father?

Elite prospects says it is his uncle. Whatever the relation, he is a sweet little mongoloid.

J.D.
12-07-2015, 09:20 AM
Elite prospects says it is his uncle. Whatever the relation, he is a sweet little mongoloid.

Great pic of him in a giants jersey and yankees hat. You'd think someone in the bracco camp would tell him to put a lid on his twitter account. But maybe this guy is leading the bracco camp. Scary thought!

J.D.
12-07-2015, 09:22 AM
Also wonder about any possible tension between white/tuch and bracco. Maybe they wanted to avoid that at all costs.

SJHovey
12-07-2015, 09:31 AM
Elite prospects says it is his uncle. Whatever the relation, he is a sweet little mongoloid.Amusing reading, for sure. Thanks

Nick Papagiorgio
12-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Amusing reading, for sure. Thanks

Until you get sick of reading "All-time assists leader" and blah blah blah "Pat Kane"

Tater
12-07-2015, 11:25 AM
I went to look at BC stats after reading that Tuch isn't getting an invite to the World Junior camp either. Wow. Raise your hand if you had Matthew Gaudreau outscoring Alex Tuch before the season started.

J.D.
12-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Sheesh, what have you done for me lately i guess. Slow start on score sheet but picked it up lately.

Gaudreau has impressed but he also gets to play with white and fitzgerald. A step above Gilmour and Sanford

sterlippo1
12-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Some BC peeps getting into it with jonathan bracco on twitter. He thinks york is the reason bracco wasn't invited. Even though, you know, york isn't the coach, gm, or officially part of usa hockey.

what a total idiot

claver2010
12-07-2015, 12:56 PM
yes but thanks to twitter we get a view into such idiocy in 140 character bites!

J.D.
12-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Saw on BU thread that they don't have any games scheduled during WJC and that that is likely to continue in future years. Hadn't heard of any program doing that before but it makes sense. On the flip side, if every program that sends players to the WJC did that, what would happen to these holiday tournaments?

mookie1995
12-07-2015, 01:38 PM
Saw on BU thread that they don't have any games scheduled during WJC and that that is likely to continue in future years. Hadn't heard of any program doing that before but it makes sense. On the flip side, if every program that sends players to the WJC did that, what would happen to these holiday tournaments?

NU already gets invited off the hook for teams looking at 2 easy wins. AIC would gladly do the same

Agganis
12-07-2015, 02:49 PM

I would re-ask the question as what would happen if every program that could reasonably expect to be missing 3+ players did that, as that's when it gets hard to deal with the lost bodies? And then we are down to 5-7 or so programs a year, and only BC and Minn regularly play holiday tournaments out of that group as far as I know, and Minn is a host of theirs. So the only real impact is BC, as far as I can tell.

Scarlet
12-07-2015, 02:58 PM
That Bracco family meltdown on twitter last night was priceless. And to be honest it was spectacular to see in almost a sad way. BUT BUT BUT he is the all-time assist leader!!!!!!

I read up on that on the T this morning. Wow. How is Jeremy not horrified at that conversation?? His constant posting of the screen shot of the all-time assist leader was insane. He kept posting it on so many people's Twitter feeds! Like, dude, we GET. IT. Makes you wonder if he stayed at BC if he would've gotten an invite.

DLG
12-07-2015, 03:01 PM

If trying to avoid missing players it didn't work out this year as Hickey will be team Canada camp this weekend whole BU is at Yale and Quinnipiac
Have also been told playing holiday tourneys lessens amount of home game--BU-cornell at MSG is sort of a 2 team tournament

WhiteMule
12-07-2015, 04:01 PM
Great pic of him in a giants jersey and yankees hat. You'd think someone in the bracco camp would tell him to put a lid on his twitter account. But maybe this guy is leading the bracco camp. Scary thought!

It appears he's deleted his little tirade. Shame, I wanted to study up on the all-time assists rankings.

bothman
12-07-2015, 08:07 PM
Bracco and his entourage need to stop chirping and play hockey. He talks an awful lot for a guy who has done nothing thus far out of high school hockey.