This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I knew this thread wouldn't make it much further without mention of wiseguys and point spreads.

Genetics can really be a tough thing to overcome.
    As your children can attest. :-)
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      I knew this thread wouldn't make it much further without mention of wiseguys and point spreads.

Genetics can really be a tough thing to overcome.
      Good call on the genetics. Spot on Jethro. My mother(rest her soul)told me my father gambled in New Orleans. The only thing he ever needed was a suitcase and a trunk, satisfied when on a drunk.
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I think it's embarrassing that BC ever agreed to this.
        incomprehensible too

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Uh. No. BC was 17th in the country with an NFL QB in his senior year. We're lucky if this offense is 117th in the country this year.
          BC's offenses under Coughlin were great to watch. As pro-style a college offense as you'll ever see

Comment

Whose hands is the blood on for BC's woeful position in the ACC in basketball and football? Chet Gladchuck and Gene DeFillippo. These two men, almost as a tag-team, ruined the marquee programs at BC. Thank GOD neither of them had much affinity for hockey, leaving THAT program alone. But today's BC reminds me of a welfare state...an entitlement program. Where the stronger, better schools subsidize the 'weak sisters.' BC takes in FAR more than it contributes, which is a reality not lost on all the other schools. Yes...yes...BC has great academics. We've heard that 'eye-rolling' retort before. But that aside, the previous ADs stomped on BC athletics instead of elevating them.
            Chris V
            Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Things are cyclical. Hoops and football had some great years in the ACC early on. Depends on what major programs are currently down etc

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                Whose hands is the blood on for BC's woeful position in the ACC in basketball and football? Chet Gladchuck and Gene DeFillippo. These two men, almost as a tag-team, ruined the marquee programs at BC. Thank GOD neither of them had much affinity for hockey, leaving THAT program alone. But today's BC reminds me of a welfare state...an entitlement program. Where the stronger, better schools subsidize the 'weak sisters.' BC takes in FAR more than it contributes, which is a reality not lost on all the other schools. Yes...yes...BC has great academics. We've heard that 'eye-rolling' retort before. But that aside, the previous ADs stomped on BC athletics instead of elevating them.
                You have to put most of it on GDF as he fired Jags when we still had decent teams in football. The hire in basketball was terrible in Donohue and not to mention the way he treated some of the women coaches is appalling. The former field hockey coach won a settlement against BC and he was a total micro managing jerk. Bates remains to be seen as Daz is really starting to unravel with his predictable and terrible offense game calling and in game management. I think now most Alums are ready for Bates to hire a new coach who can actually manage the team in recruitment, and develop a good offense.

The only stable program is hockey because there is no merry-go-round in the coaching position.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Things are cyclical. Hoops and football had some great years in the ACC early on. Depends on what major programs are currently down etc
                  Cyclical goes hand and hand with incompetence (or competence).
                  Lousy coach, lousy team. Good coach, good team.
                  Good program goes bad... usually the result of a coaching change
                  Bad program turns around... usually the result of a coaching change
                  Program stays the same (Good)... coaching change with another good coach hired as replacement

Cyclical defined.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

That's true. Overall point would be no matter who we have in here, if clemson and fsu have competent, good coaches...they will be better than BC.

Comment

A good win on the road for BC. A hard win but another one that builds confidence and experience for the young players.

UNH gave everything they had and score does not indicate how close the game was until the last 10 minutes.

I hope Calnan is OK as he limped off the ice.

My 1st trip to the Whitt was good and the drive not that bad, got home in good time.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

That was a very good win. A hard fought battle.
                        BC's depth continues to wear opponents down. Could see UNH getting tired in the second. UNH had spurts of a second wind, but I felt the Eagles were in control from the 2nd period on. Was just a matter of time.

Hoping Calnan is OK as well. Shoulder?
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

BC hockey twitter said he is out for extended time. Not sure exactly what that means but hopefully nothing more than a semester ending injury. I'd imagine chris brown will take his spot.

Comment

Intended to mention in my last post.... Classy move by Ryan Fitz on the ENG. He carried the puck into the crease and then dropped it off for Wood to tap in.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              Intended to mention in my last post.... Classy move by Ryan Fitz on the ENG. He carried the puck into the crease and then dropped it off for Wood to tap in.
                              i noticed that and for what ever reason it pizzed off the UNH player ..........on the flip side, i love his edge. A little like Marchand in that he's a d**k on the ice

Comment

Did anyone go to the Fenway game? Wondering how it was?

Comment

Working...
                                X