X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I think it's embarrassing that BC ever agreed to this.
    I was wondering when this topic would pop up in this thread. Even worse, I thought BC was a client of the Red Sox? And they still thought this was a good idea?

Anyways rooting for BC to upset, even though its very unlikely.

Comment

Just get ready for all the Sully's, Fitzy's etc to be taking over Boston. They will be sure to break out their '90s Notre Dame Starter jackets

Comment

http://gameday.nd.edu/about/shamrock-series/
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
          Anyways rooting for BC to upset, even though its very unlikely.
          Not a snowball's chance in hell. Unfortunately.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            That's what they thought in 1993.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHO0J75iUSY

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post

That BC team was ranked in the Top 20 going into that game and had a QB who finished 5th in the Heisman voting. This isn't comparing apples to oranges, this is comparing apples to tupperwares.
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

The play calling, clock management, kicking game, etc on offense is the worst I've seen in all my years of BC football. Daz's time is about over IMO
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post

Uh. No. BC was 17th in the country with an NFL QB in his senior year. We're lucky if this offense is 117th in the country this year.
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                    The play calling, clock management, kicking game, etc on offense is the worst I've seen in all my years of BC football. Daz's time is about over IMO
                    Clock management is right at the top of my list. Playing his kid and Dudeck is probably second (Flutie over Smith?). Kicking game he has tried to correct but it hasn't worked well - although I will fault him for constantly sending out kickers that have no chance rather than going for 4th down or a 2-pt conversion.

To some degree this year could be expected as his Florida transfer pipeline dried up so he just delayed a rebuilding year but... he needs to get a rid of any offensive responsibilities and learn clock management.

Comment

One thing i can't stand about him is how defensive he gets. Still think he did a great job first two years considering where program was. So he gets a pass from me for this year but definitely areas he needs to improve.

Comment

Clock management is right at the top of my list. Playing his kid and Dudeck is probably second (Flutie over Smith?). Kicking game he has tried to correct but it hasn't worked well - although I will fault him for constantly sending out kickers that have no chance rather than going for 4th down or a 2-pt conversion.

To some degree this year could be expected as his Florida transfer pipeline dried up so he just delayed a rebuilding year but... he needs to get a rid of any offensive responsibilities and learn clock management.
                        If you notice, anytime the kick is from the hash mark, it will go wide or hit the goal post. Quite a few times he refused to move the ball closer for the kicker to have a better chance, like on 3rd down in 1 game he elected to kick still with time on the clock instead of running another play to move the ball closer. The ball needs to be in the middle of the field because the kickers we have are terrible and have trouble with angle kicks from the hash mark.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          One thing i can't stand about him is how defensive he gets. Still think he did a great job first two years considering where program was. So he gets a pass from me for this year but definitely areas he needs to improve.
                          Either Bates fire him or make him hire a OC that can actually call plays that have a chance to succeed.

Comment

You folks are correct in stating that this team has less of a chance of beating nd than the '93 team did. But not too many gave them a chance especially the wise guys that had nd a double digit favorite if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

I knew this thread wouldn't make it much further without mention of wiseguys and point spreads.

Genetics can really be a tough thing to overcome.
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                                John Henry would host an Iran-North Korea soccer game if the $$$ were right.
                                I would go to the hell out of that
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X