X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    why is ND on a Thursday?
    I had noticed this last week when updating my calendar. Really gotta hand it to those folks in Hockey East putting BC/ND on a Thursday friggin night.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      and i just thought of something too. Where are all the people at Conte? Not even close to a 6000 yet, let alone 7884. The biggest so far was the home opener vs Bucky at 5615. With the miserable football team not exactly capturing the fandom's attention and the prospects of another dismal BB season you would think that it's going to change soon
      Any sense on how the football and basketball teams performance affects hockey attendance? On one hand I could see if football is not doing well, that more people might move from football to hockey, on the other, I'd think that if the football team is doing really well that it might create an overall excitement for all BC sports and thus help increase hockey attendance?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Any sense on how the football and basketball teams performance affects hockey attendance? On one hand I could see if football is not doing well, that more people might move from football to hockey, on the other, I'd think that if the football team is doing really well that it might create an overall excitement for all BC sports and thus help increase hockey attendance?
        you could be right. I was thinking fans starving for a winner but it may have no connection at all, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          why is ND on a Thursday?
          Jesus, i hadn't noticed that. Unfathomable. I wonder what the reasoning is behind that?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Always a big turnout opponent
            i know, i didnt use the multi quote response feature. .....................BC always draws well for that date so they better have their tickets already

Comment

Congrats BCers Noah Hanafin scored his first NHL goal tonight v ANA big blast from the point...
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Anyone driving up the Whitt on Saturday ? Never been there but thinking of going up to get my hockey fix )
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  I don't care about numbers. The BC faithful blew the roof off the building when the Eagles took the lead back from MSU in the third. Works for me.
                  Can't do anything about attendance anyway. BUT, a PA system, which has been darn near perfect for the past twenty years, is now broken. Fix it, d@mn it!

Now back to other fanbases caring about where their team will be ranked. I could give a rats arse about where the Eagles wind up in the polls. Just keep winning baby.
                  Steve what happen to the weekly prediction thread ? No more ??? I was looking for it this year .... Didn't Fighting Sioux do that weekly thread ?
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

FS23 grew up and got a job - bahstahd. Rarely heard from these days.
                    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

There are plenty of tickets for Saturday @ Conte )

Let's have a good showing BC fans @ UNH, go down and buy up the lot. There are good seats for $18

This will be my 1st visit to the Whitt

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

Thanks for the warning
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Thanks for the warning
                          Hey you should be posting this when I show up @ HAA ) Get out of our thread dude !

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

Unless they've upgraded it in the last 5 years, the Whit is terrible.

Comment

I know the nerds probably consider it an outdated stat but it still tells you SOMETHING. without looking, any guesses as to who has the best +/- at a +15?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                I know the nerds probably consider it an outdated stat but it still tells you SOMETHING. without looking, any guesses as to who has the best +/- at a +15?
                                I had to cheat and look but it's not really surprising. Also not surprising that the defense looks great sans Matheson.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X