PDA

View Full Version : Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

J.D.
11-25-2015, 10:45 AM
They seem to be recruiting ok but your right, i think cav will ultimately top out at uconn as a middle of the pack hockey east team

sterlippo1
11-25-2015, 01:20 PM
Maybe they used the same counting method there that they used at Agganis!

where is BC attendance expert Brian Gentry when you need him!:)

sterlippo1
11-25-2015, 01:21 PM
great to see #26 on the score sheet again, need it

paulfb
11-25-2015, 02:15 PM
biggest concern was coming back and finding the car on cinderblocks

i wonder how long cav is for that job. get them back to middle of HE, spin it as a miracle and GTFO for a big time program (wisco?). i wonder if he would leave the northeast.

Drove up from New York for the game. Grew up in Brighton and lived in Hartford for 11 years. At entry they told us that per UConn policy, they couldn't let my girlfriend her take her camera into the arena. UConn, of course, is the 800-pound gorilla in that state.

So be it. I brought her camera back to my car and put it in the trunk. Then, when we tried to enter again, some thuggish female security guard who probably couldn't spell Connecticut got out a tape measure and told her that her purse was too big. We made a stink and they let us through, but put a silly green wristband on the purse. I asked if that assured us free roller-coaster rides and they gave us dirty looks.

Nice to see BC hang a four-spot in the first 11 minutes. By the way, if they announced a crowd of 7,200, they were lying.

J.D.
11-25-2015, 02:18 PM
Just so many things to love about uconn and that building, right? This thanksgiving, i am thankful for joey bertagna.

paulfb
11-25-2015, 02:31 PM
I do admit I enjoy going back to the building because in my sports journalism days I loved covering the late, great Whalers for smaller Connecticut media outlets. But the security thugs were another story. They were far worse than anything I've encountered covering MTA board meetings in New York.

Nick Papagiorgio
11-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Drove up from New York for the game. Grew up in Brighton and lived in Hartford for 11 years. At entry they told us that per UConn policy, they couldn't let my girlfriend her take her camera into the arena. UConn, of course, is the 800-pound gorilla in that state.

So be it. I brought her camera back to my car and put it in the trunk. Then, when we tried to enter again, some thuggish female security guard who probably couldn't spell Connecticut got out a tape measure and told her that her purse was too big. We made a stink and they let us through, but put a silly green wristband on the purse. I asked if that assured us free roller-coaster rides and they gave us dirty looks.

Nice to see BC hang a four-spot in the first 11 minutes. By the way, if they announced a crowd of 7,200, they were lying.

Given the recent ISIS events, I would imagine they were probably overdoing things a little bit. Somewhat understandable.

mookie1995
11-25-2015, 03:08 PM
Given the recent ISIS events, I would imagine they were probably overdoing things a little bit. Somewhat understandable.

Hartford seems more a recruiting pool than a victim pool!

sterlippo1
11-25-2015, 04:05 PM

you mean ISIL? :rolleyes:

sterlippo1
11-25-2015, 11:41 PM
this is interesting, from the kid "For the first time all season, the staff rolled three lines as neither Peter McMullen nor Travis Jeke saw any ice time." vs Yukon no less which i guess i understand given last year's debacle. Jerry wasn't taking prisoners here

J.D.
11-25-2015, 11:46 PM
When it gets to a point where mcmullen dresses, it's clear they don't want to play him. So that really makes it a 3 line game. Not ideal long term but can get away with it temporarily. No idea what's going on with silk but would be nice to get either him or calnan back as soon as possible.

sterlippo1
11-26-2015, 08:10 AM
When it gets to a point where mcmullen dresses, it's clear they don't want to play him. So that really makes it a 3 line game. Not ideal long term but can get away with it temporarily. No idea what's going on with silk but would be nice to get either him or calnan back as soon as possible.

makes sense . Always hard to get info on any injury and with Silk, who knows? The Kid only mentions both being out but no reason given for Silk

FiveHole12
11-26-2015, 08:51 AM
makes sense . Always hard to get info on any injury and with Silk, who knows? The Kid only mentions both being out but no reason given for Silk
You missed it...
As for the visitors, they will be without senior Brendan Silk (separated shoulder) and junior Chris Calnan (upper body). The staff will go with the same lineup as Saturday night with the only exception being Peter McMullen taking Chris Brown's spot on the fourth line.

Happy Thanksgiving All.

sterlippo1
11-26-2015, 09:23 AM
You missed it...

Happy Thanksgiving All.

thanks FiveHole12, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family

Tater
11-26-2015, 10:15 AM
you mean ISIL? :rolleyes:

or Daesh.

jstadts
11-26-2015, 10:47 AM
hey folks I am headed over to the RIT game saturday. I have a question about seating. Are all the seats chair style or bleacher.I may be going with an older person depending on the set up. Bleacher seating would be a no go for them .Thanks in advance and happy thanksgiving.

theprofromdover
11-26-2015, 10:49 AM
hey folks I am headed over to the RIT game saturday. I have a question about seating. Are all the seats chair style or bleacher.I may be going with an older person depending on the set up. Bleacher seating would be a no go for them .Thanks in advance and happy thanksgiving.

Upper level seats are bench. It shouldn't be hard to find empty lower bowl seats for this game.

jstadts
11-26-2015, 10:53 AM
Upper level seats are bench. It shouldn't be hard to find empty lower bowl seats for this game.

Thanks.much appreciated.

sterlippo1
11-27-2015, 05:50 AM
by the time he hangs it up, if not already, Luke Kuechly will be/is the best player in any sport that BC has ever produced and is just as good a role model

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
11-27-2015, 10:45 AM
by the time he hangs it up, if not already, Luke Kuechly will be/is the best player in any sport that BC has ever produced and is just as good a role model

Ummm, Joe Mullen, Brian Leetch, should I continue? ILB isn't considered that important of a position in pro football. He's a great player, but many BC hockey alums are far better in their sport.