X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    here's some of the thread, there was more

He signed a two way contract. He has no leverage and can play in the AHL next year for 70 grand.
    Stupid move IMHO - but what do you expect with Whore / I mean Orr being his "advisor" ? Took aLL the leverage away from Noah
    There is a lot more to things than just this. The Canes made a promise to give him a good shot to get him to sign. So far he has made the roster and is making an NHL rate at 12 games pro rated right now. Sure they can dump him to the AHL and they will pay him less and keep him under the 10 games. But they'll have to re-sign him at some point. And you don't generally speaking want to **** off your #5 pick after having negotiations in good faith prior to his first contract.

These things generally work themselves out. Basically, no one has supreme leverage.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      There is a lot more to things than just this. The Canes made a promise to give him a good shot to get him to sign. So far he has made the roster and is making an NHL rate at 12 games pro rated right now. Sure they can dump him to the AHL and they will pay him less and keep him under the 10 games. But they'll have to re-sign him at some point. And you don't generally speaking want to **** off your #5 pick after having negotiations in good faith prior to his first contract.

These things generally work themselves out. Basically, no one has supreme leverage.
      thank you

Comment

You know Bracco's scholarship is gone for this semester but they can bring someone in for January right ?

Anyone know what the story was with forward Tim Doherty of Brown who suddenly disappeared from their roster ?

Is he any good and and is he related to BC defenseman (Doherty) ?

Is he a possibility to take Bracco's spot ?
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
          You know Bracco's scholarship is gone for this semester but they can bring someone in for January right ?

Anyone know what the story was with forward Tim Doherty of Brown who suddenly disappeared from their roster ?

Is he any good and and is he related to BC defenseman (Doherty) ?

Is he a possibility to take Bracco's spot ?
          Colleges should put in a clause to scholarships such that if someone bolts early (and re-negs on their commitment), they have to pay back the $ they took while enrolled at the school. It doesn't satisfy the lost oppty that someone else might have benefited from, but at least makes the university whole.

Comment

GIFs, highlights: http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...state-spartans

That was frigging nuts, I can't believe the collapse and doubly can't believe they won.

White is an animal and so is Wood.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Can't relax up 4-1 no matter how good demko is. They were playing a real good game. Different issues on each goal. **** happens though. Good response after msu tied it. Killed a penalty and then won it.

Comment

Miles wood...blows by people and cuts to net at least once a game. Needs to work on avoiding goalie or he will get a lot of goalie interference calls. York really not happy with some of the penalties recently. Has gone next to penalty box to lay into a couple guys and explain what they did wrong.

PP looked better tonight

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Miles wood...blows by people and cuts to net at least once a game. Needs to work on avoiding goalie or he will get a lot of goalie interference calls. York really not happy with some of the penalties recently. Has gone next to penalty box to lay into a couple guys and explain what they did wrong.
                  He really went over to Dudek in the box and let him have it.

Wood really is an animal. I said that to myself tonight. I used to say that about Kreider.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    GIFs, highlights: http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...state-spartans

That was frigging nuts, I can't believe the collapse and doubly can't believe they won.

White is an animal and so is Wood.
                    Grant... that was a Savage mistake that led to MSU's first goal, not Santini.

That was such a well played game until we decided to cough up 3 goals in under 2:00. Love how this team responded though. It was like some bully ruined their game by taking their ball away and they were having none of it. They just knocked the bully down and took their ball back.

Hope White is OK. He took a bullet of a slap shot square in the shoulder and went down like he was shot.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Woops thanks
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Well, that was exciting, and rather more so than BC wanted. I certainly felt relaxed when Tuch scored to put BC up 4-1. Apparently the players felt just as relaxed. Hopefully a lesson was learned from this, and fortunately the lesson didn't include an L.

What a difference from last year having impact players like Wood and White. Especially White. That kid can play this game.

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Hope White is OK. He took a bullet of a slap shot square in the shoulder and went down like he was shot.
                        He was back on the ice afterwards, so I would say he's likely okay. Looked bad when it happened though.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                          He was back on the ice afterwards, so I would say he's likely okay. Looked bad when it happened though.
                          Yes... I thought at first that it might have hit him in the throat. I didn't see him back out there so I'm glad to hear he was.

Tuch's looked bad as well. As he skated off, it looked as though it could have been a few things... shoulder?, wrist/hand?
                          Turned out it was apparently the family jewels. Those type of injury hurt like hell, but they always seem to bounce back.
                          Was good to see him get some revenge with the breakaway goal.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Didn't see what happened to tuch but when i saw him down and ref's arm in the air i thought it was a penalty on MSU. nope, penalty on BC. wasn't sure we'd ever see a gravallese/benedetto combo again but there it was. A lot of "penalties" called that i didn't see.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                              Well, that was exciting, and rather more so than BC wanted. I certainly felt relaxed when Tuch scored to put BC up 4-1. Apparently the players felt just as relaxed. Hopefully a lesson was learned from this, and fortunately the lesson didn't include an L.

What a difference from last year having impact players like Wood and White. Especially White. That kid can play this game.

A good young team and this was a teaching and learning moment for the coaches and players. Hopefully they learned that you cannot let a team come back and make fatal turnovers in your own zone. I'm glad to see York light a fire under players when they make dumb decisions on the ice that can hurt the team. This is something I see from Ryan Fitzgerald from last year to this year but he was OK this game but the other players apparently goofed up instead.

I rarely see York go over to the penalty box and speak to a player but this is great teaching moment to the team, don't take stupid penalties and let the other team come back after seemingly the game was in hand. I like the fact they play tough games now and it can only help when they play late in the season and during tournament time.

Last year this game would have been an expected loss because we all know the team couldn't score let alone hit the barn with the puck. If the score 2-0 you had the feeling that was the game often, but not this year ) There is much more talent and energy in this group this year.

Still some over passing, just shoot the d** puck and crash the net for rebounds when you don't have a play to make.
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Didn't see what happened to tuch but when i saw him down and ref's arm in the air i thought it was a penalty on MSU. nope, penalty on BC. wasn't sure we'd ever see a gravallese/benedetto combo again but there it was. A lot of "penalties" called that i didn't see.
                                The random Doherty roughing penalty was a head scratcher.

Grav/Bene is quite a combo.
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X