This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Do you have any understanding of how the NHL and entry-level contracts work?

He just burned a year off his ELC and is one year closer to a BIG BIG payday.
    Assuming he earns it
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Assuming he earns it
      I think he will.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        and i have no idea what Noah or his "advisor" were thinking signing that contract
        It was an open secret until Buccigross reported it that he didn't enjoy his time at BC (which I don't mean as a slight at BC, no school is for everyone and kids transfer out of BC, BU, and Harvard every year). He has now played in 12 of 15 NHL games and played 16.6 minutes per game, not exactly rotting on the bench. While making a million dollars this year. I think he and his advisors are happy with the decision he/they made this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Assuming he earns it
          sure assuming he earns it but what terrible planning by Carolina. you know you're going to be in the matthews derby this year, why get noah 1 year closer to ufa?

if he doesn't sign a deal that eats into his ufa years he'll hit the open market at 24. by then, carolina will probably still be last in the metro.

edit: didn't hear the above, must've had my head in the sand

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            sure assuming he earns it but what terrible planning by Carolina. you know you're going to be in the matthews derby this year, why get noah 1 year closer to ufa?

if he doesn't sign a deal that eats into his ufa years he'll hit the open market at 24. by then, carolina will probably still be last in the metro.

edit: didn't hear the above, must've had my head in the sand
            My guess is they are thinking by signing him early he won't be as good these three years versus if they signed him later. His next deal might be five years $25MM instead of six years $40MM. I think he'll be a good NHL dman, I'm not sure I see him being a Norris trophy candidate though.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Never heard one word about it until buccigross reported it. Easy to call it an open secret after the fact. Have no idea if it's true or not since hanifin would never admit to it but obviously school isn't for everyone.

I don't doubt hanifin is happy but i just figured they would want him playing major minutes somewhere. Maybe he sees more ice time as the season goes along.
              Last edited by J.D.; 11-12-2015, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Smokin deal for Hanifin. He's just not that good.

Comment

Ronnie, what nhl team do you work for?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Never heard one word about it until buccigross reported it. Easy to call it an open secret after the fact. Have no idea if it's true or not since hanifin would never admit to it but obviously school isn't for everyone.

I don't doubt hanifin is happy but i just figured they would want him playing major minutes somewhere. Maybe he sees more ice time as the season goes along.
                    My apologies, I was told by BC people that made it sound more well known in BC circles than it apparently was.

Maybe Carolina thinks 16 min most nights in the NHL is better than 24 all nights in the AHL. Or maybe the front office isn't thinking and is mismanaging him.

Comment

I'm sure you were

Comment

Looking forward to tonight's out of conference matchup with a BIG Ten Team or former CCHA team.

I remember 2007 in St. Louis was a big let down.

2 plays came to mind.

Boyle couldn't score on a 2 on 1 on Lerg and his brain fart on D that led to the tying goal by MSU 1-1 then the fatal blow or coup de grace in the waining moments of the game before the 2008 NCAA in Denver the next year.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

i guess not. I just remember us talking about this last year on EA and why he signed it and people were puzzled. Can you explain that for me? I get the money issue of course

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

here's some of the thread, there was more

He signed a two way contract. He has no leverage and can play in the AHL next year for 70 grand.
                            Stupid move IMHO - but what do you expect with Whore / I mean Orr being his "advisor" ? Took aLL the leverage away from Noah

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              ......but what do you expect with Whore / I mean Orr being his "advisor" ?.....
                              Wow, this is very close to "taking the lord's name in vain!!!" (lower case "l" used on purpose)
                              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                                Wow, this is very close to "taking the lord's name in vain!!!" (lower case "l" used on purpose)
                                yeah, i didnt post that. Just showing Nick some of the conversation/chatter about Noah signing the contract

Comment

Working...
                                X