This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Nah, gerbe had more in his repertoire. Spear, slash, bodyslam...
    Fair point.
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
      Fair point.
      We should of course not forget Petricki, Orpik and Eaves. All accomplished goons in their own rite😜
      sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
        Fair point.
        We should of course not forget Petricki, Orpik and Eaves. All accomplished goons in their own rite😜
        Last edited by all bear; 11-11-2015, 08:07 AM.
        sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by all bear View Post
          Let's recall Joey Diamond, a Maine hockey captain, whose college career ended with a game misconduct for stomping on a player's leg 200 ft behind the play.
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by bothman View Post
            BC is as untested a #1 team as you will find. I'm not saying BC isn't any good (they could very well be) - it's just that they haven't played anyone (besides Denver @ Home) that they could not have beaten playing with their opposite hands.
            i don't think you'll find anyone who disagrees that bc has faces a charmin schedule. but who cares about poles 5 weeks into the season?

Comment

Minor but i am happy to see jeke get his chance. Whenever he has gotten into the lineup before, i've seen him contribute. Not sure how you guys or the coaches feel but even when silk comes back i'm fine with jeke staying in over him. It's clear they don't really like him as a dman so keep him where he is.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Nah, gerbe had more in his repertoire. Spear, slash, bodyslam...
                and could play

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                  BC is as untested a #1 team as you will find. I'm not saying BC isn't any good (they could very well be) - it's just that they haven't played anyone (besides Denver @ Home) that they could not have beaten playing with their opposite hands.

Look at the records of BC's opponents:
                  Colorado College - 0-10
                  Denver - 5-3
                  Maine - 0-6-3
                  Army - 0-5-2
                  RPI - 4-4-1
                  Maine - 0-6-3
                  UMass - 6-2-1 (Only team with a softer schedule than BC and they lost to Yale 6-1)
                  Wisconsin - 3-4-3

Combined Record: 18-40-13

Half of the teams BC has played has yet to win a game

Outside of Denver, will be surprised if any of these teams are in the NCAA field, or even a TUC come the Spring.
                  Harvard should be licking their chops in anticipation of playing their Beanpot 1st round opponent.
                  I can see H putting up 7 or 8. No lo contesto.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    and could play
                    on that, was at the rangers / hurricanes last night. gerbe created a good amount of chances, has carved out a nice role down there (he also took a bad penalty 200' from his net so there was that as well )

too bad noah was scratched, really have no idea what the canes were thinking burning a year off his elc. as expected, they're miserable and years away from competing.

Comment

Seems like hanifin is getting the seguin treatment from his rookie year. Difference there is the bruins were a good team. The hurricanes suck....

Would think they want him getting big minutes at some level, not toiling around on the big club being scratched or limited bottom pairing minutes. Makes no sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Harvard should be licking their chops in anticipation of playing their Beanpot 1st round opponent.
                        I can see H putting up 7 or 8. No lo contesto.
                        We shall see, but I would take Harvard''s forwards over BCs any day. Not the D or goalie though.

Comment

Watching pens-habs right now and was curious how dumoulin was settling in. Came across this:
                          http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1981515

Took him a bit to finally get his chance but anybody who watched him at BC knows he's got what it takes to have a lengthy career.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

too bad noah was scratched, really have no idea what the canes were thinking burning a year off his elc.
                            and i have no idea what Noah or his "advisor" were thinking signing that contract

Comment

and i have no idea what Noah or his "advisor" were thinking signing that contract
                              The only thing I can think of,

RALEIGH, NC – Ron Francis, Executive Vice President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has signed defenseman Noah Hanifin to a three-year, entry-level contract. The deal will pay Hanifin $832,500 on the NHL level or $70,000 on the American Hockey League (AHL) level through the 2017-18 season. Hanifin also receives a signing bonus of $277,500.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Do you have any understanding of how the NHL and entry-level contracts work?

He just burned a year off his ELC and is one year closer to a BIG BIG payday.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X