This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Petrecki head butt at center ice at Conte....

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
      Demko, with 6 already, is on the verge of joining this select group:

Goalie Shutouts
      Player, Team Year SHO
      Greg Gardner, Niagara 2000 12
      David McKee, Cornell 2005 10
      Ryan Miller, Michigan St. 2001 10
      David LeNeveu, Cornell 2003 9
      Jordan Pearce, Notre Dame 2009 8
      Brian Elliott, Wisconsin 2006 8
      Cory Schneider, Boston College 2006 8
      Ryan Miller, Michigan St. 2002 8
      Karl Goehring, North Dakota 2000 8
      Ryan Miller, Michigan St. 2000 8
      Jack Ferreria, Boston U. 1965 8
      Alex Lyon, Yale 2015 7
      Steven Summerhays, Notre Dame 2014 7
      Shane Madolora, RIT 2012 7
      Ben Scrivens, Cornell 2010 7
      Ben Scrivens, Cornell 2009 7
      Adam Berkhoel, Denver 2004 7
      Dominic Vicari, Michigan St. 2004 7
      Mike Ayers, New Hampshire 2003 7
      Jeff Sanger, Colorado Col. 2002 7
      Scott Meyer, St. Cloud St. 2000 7
      Gerry Powers, Denver 1968 7
      Wayne Gibbons, Clarkson 1962 7
      Ryan Miller made the list 3 times. Wow.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        Petrecki head butt at center ice at Conte....
        Petrecki's father grabbed him as he came off the ice and laid into him. Made him apologize to his team, coaches and the opposing player.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          Ryan Miller made the list 3 times. Wow.
          was just gonna post that. Unreal

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
            Petrecki's father grabbed him as he came off the ice and laid into him. Made him apologize to his team, coaches and the opposing player.
            Even then, I'm not sure what that incident has to do with the price of tea in China. We're talking what, 6 years ago? Obviously it was an incredibly stupid thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Even then, I'm not sure what that incident has to do with the price of tea in China. We're talking what, 6 years ago? Obviously it was an incredibly stupid thing to do.
              Also hitting someone in the helmet with your helmet =/= jabbing at someone with the butt end of your stick.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I had mentioned this walking out of the game on Sunday... this BC team has the MSU (or a little later the Cornell teams) type numbers so far without actually trying to avoid offense intentionally like those teams did. It's crazy. But this team has not exactly had a killer schedule so far. The schedule will get tougher and even against similar competition this type of stuff is absolutely impossible to maintain.

Through 9 games this team is WAY ahead of schedule but at the same time, the change in fortunes from last year is not surprising and almost what I had expected. It's not fun honking on anyone but we just purged a terrible class and replaced it with massive amounts of talent. Everyone seems to be slotted in nicely now (especially with #notagrinder gone), which was one of my biggest complaints over the past few years. Amazing that Tuch hasn't even gotten going yet. But we've had a pleasant surprise in the emergence of Cangelosi. I had all but given up on him.

Honest question - who is surprised that losing Matheson has not hurt at all? Quite frankly I'm not. Very few bad turnovers from this squad without Matheson. Casey Fitzgerald has been great. Savage has been great. Santini is back to form. McCoshen has been great. Doherty has been excellent.

Demko really seems to be comfortable in the crease since the hip operations. He is making it look easy.

The whole team has a nice feel to it. It just feels so much different than the past few seasons.

I will say as far as the Vesey play, he is very fortunate Fitzgerald saw him at the last second and got to him first and essentially blocked out McCoshen from getting a good piece of him because I'm pretty sure McCoshen would have hurt him and we'd be looking at a far worse scenario for everyone involved. It was a dirty play, but an isolated incident.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Schedule will certainly get tougher but you can only play who is in front of you. Even in the one loss, RPI had to block a ridiculous amount of shots. CHN had it at 45 blocked shots...that is absurd. So even with a soft schedule, I wasn't banking on 8-1 to start. Last year's team would have lost to Denver and there's a good chance they would have found a way to drop one of these games to Maine 1-0 or 2-1.

Comment

Spearing is one thing when involved with someone. Bad enough, but that scenario today? Wow. Never seen that happen before. It was something dale hunter would be proud of.
                    Not the 1st time for Vesey; http://www.pressherald.com/2014/10/1...maine-winless/

" Union’s Daniel Ciampini redirected a pass for a goal at 12:47 to make it 4-1. Maine freshman Nolan Vesey speared Union’s Sam Coatta seconds later, sending him crumpling to the ice. Vesey was assessed a five-minute penalty and a game misconduct.

“What Nolan Vesey did is absolutely unacceptable. He stuck the kid and that can’t happen,” Gendron said.

Vesey could be suspended from Friday’s home game against Alaska-Anchorage after Hockey East reviews the play. Gendron indicated he may keep Vesey out even if the league doesn’t act."
                    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Yikes.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Huh...not a Ken Dryden to be found anywhere.

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                        Demko, with 6 already, is on the verge of joining this select group:

Goalie Shutouts
                        Player, Team Year SHO
                        Greg Gardner, Niagara 2000 12
                        David McKee, Cornell 2005 10
                        Ryan Miller, Michigan St. 2001 10
                        David LeNeveu, Cornell 2003 9
                        Jordan Pearce, Notre Dame 2009 8
                        Brian Elliott, Wisconsin 2006 8
                        Cory Schneider, Boston College 2006 8
                        Ryan Miller, Michigan St. 2002 8
                        Karl Goehring, North Dakota 2000 8
                        Ryan Miller, Michigan St. 2000 8
                        Jack Ferreria, Boston U. 1965 8
                        Alex Lyon, Yale 2015 7
                        Steven Summerhays, Notre Dame 2014 7
                        Shane Madolora, RIT 2012 7
                        Ben Scrivens, Cornell 2010 7
                        Ben Scrivens, Cornell 2009 7
                        Adam Berkhoel, Denver 2004 7
                        Dominic Vicari, Michigan St. 2004 7
                        Mike Ayers, New Hampshire 2003 7
                        Jeff Sanger, Colorado Col. 2002 7
                        Scott Meyer, St. Cloud St. 2000 7
                        Gerry Powers, Denver 1968 7
                        Wayne Gibbons, Clarkson 1962 7
                        Chris V
                        Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                          Huh...not a Ken Dryden to be found anywhere.
                          Once they lowered the pitching mounds following the 68 season scoring increased
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

One game for vesey. Seems light for a repeat offender.

Comment

Must've called the NFL for advice.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Is he actually considered a repeat offender? The game last year was out of conference. If Bertanga saw the same video as me it didn't look that bad. I'm not doubting it looked worse from a different angle but that is out of Bertanga's control.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X