X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
    Oh boy, here we go.
    They don't call you MerryHack for nuthin'.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      haha I acknowledge we've had a history, although I think the squad has done a lot to change that in the past decade. It's a much different team than the 90s and early 00s.
      Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

as long as they don't call you needled!ck!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          You know it's funny I said to my dad when BC opened the game up at 4-0 that UMass was going to start getting dirty. They didn't even have time to before it was 5-0. But not long after that, sure enough, things escalated. I would expect something like that from Merrimack but UMass historically takes their beatings reasonably well.
          Right after the incident happened, but before the refs went to the scorers and assessed the penalties, I opined to a fellow season ticket holder that there was a lot of time left in the game (about 8 minutes left in the second), and that I thought the refs were going to put their foot down hard right then to make sure the game didn't get further out of control. They certainly did with 3 game DQ, and subsequently the game did not degenerate into a bloodbath. I'm glad they did what they did.

As for Fitzgerald, regardless of the UMass cheapshot, he completely lost his mind there, and he's gotta learn to control his emotions better. He's a bit of a hothead and they really could use him Friday instead of him watching from the stands in a suit, but hopefully he learns from this.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
            Right after the incident happened, but before the refs went to the scorers and assessed the penalties, I opined to a fellow season ticket holder that there was a lot of time left in the game (about 8 minutes left in the second), and that I thought the refs were going to put their foot down hard right then to make sure the game didn't get further out of control. They certainly did with 3 game DQ, and subsequently the game did not degenerate into a bloodbath. I'm glad they did what they did.

As for Fitzgerald, regardless of the UMass cheapshot, he completely lost his mind there, and he's gotta learn to control his emotions better. He's a bit of a hothead and they really could use him Friday instead of him watching from the stands in a suit, but hopefully he learns from this.
            People are overlooking the fact that Fitzgerald's penalty was the first for BC in the game.
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
              People are overlooking the fact that Fitzgerald's penalty was the first for BC in the game.
              That's because we didn't have to hold, trip or tackle anyone.
              But Fitz's penalty did open the door for 3 straight elbowing and 1 cross checking penalty. Not exactly the neighborly variety penalties... and I'm OK with that.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I'm not even sure a couple of those were elbows but refs weren't taking any chances in a 6-0 game

Comment

looking at 12-4 at the break. I was thinking that would be a decent first half. Have to get two here

Comment

Colin White seems to be adjusting quite well to D1 hockey. Scored his fourth goal of the season tonight against Maine. Could have been five
                    if he had scored the penalty shot. Congratulations to Demko, he had a great game. Sounded like an action filled game with a ton of penalties.

Comment

Have to be impressed with 5 shutouts in 6 games. Demko sure looks like he's feeling great post surgery.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                      BC - 12
                      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Happy to see White get that insurance goal for the Eagles. That kid works his arse off all over the ice... a hard earned goal.

Anyone else notice that good things are usually happening when Matty G. is out there? He's not Johnny (who is?), but he has a nose for where to be most of the time and finds the open man. There were numerous line adjustments with Sanford sitting for the 10:00 misconduct, and whoever MG was out there with they were creating scoring chances. One shift we saw MG-Brown-Dudek and they almost potted one. Brown is another hard worker and a good things happen kind of player. Brown and MG teamed with White tonight. BC's best line tonight IMO.

Tuch got his first goal of the season... an empty netter. I don't care how he scored it. Hopefully it got the monkey off his back.

Demko is a stud! And how the hell did he get called for that roughing penalty? He was just pulling a Maine player off his guy. He shoulda whacked the bahstahd over the head with his stick and earned the 2:00.

OK... League officials, please teach Millea proper positioning when the puck is in the crease area. He blew the play dead TWICE on consecutive shifts with a loose puck that wasn't in the crease. The second one was pretty bad. Puck wasn't even close to being tied up as it was floating outside the crease in the vicinity where Matty got his game winner a week ago against Denver. What's Millea doing along the back board 10'-15' away from the net when most refs are hanging over the back of the net to get a good look when the puck is in the area of the crease. Jeebus.

Good win Eagles. Took care of business against a pesky Maine team.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                          Colin White seems to be adjusting quite well to D1 hockey. Scored his fourth goal of the season tonight against Maine. Could have been five
                          if he had scored the penalty shot. Congratulations to Demko, he had a great game. Sounded like an action filled game with a ton of penalties.
                          AND... what's up with the Maineuhs dissing their team over on the Maine thread? I thought I was going to see a bunch of guys with their jersey's inside out, their helmets on backwards and their skates on the wrong feet. You boys have a decent hockey team there and a very good goalie. Won't be surprised if you come out of here with a split Sunday. Just sayin'.

Comment

I'd be surprised. Maine played a good game, BC really didn't and it still didn't matter. I would expect a better game from BC with fitz back and ability to roll 4 lines.

Comment

........OK... League officials, please teach Millea proper positioning when the puck is in the crease area. He blew the play dead TWICE on consecutive shifts with a loose puck that wasn't in the crease. The second one was pretty bad. Puck wasn't even close to being tied up as it was floating outside the crease in the vicinity where Matty got his game winner a week ago against Denver. What's Millea doing along the back board 10'-15' away from the net when most refs are hanging over the back of the net to get a good look when the puck is in the area of the crease........
                              Maine radio announcer agrees with you. He said Maine got a break with the quick whistle.

Comment

Said before gaudreau will not score a lot of goals but he can contribute. Good vision and hockey iq. Knows what he is doing with the puck.

Comment

Working...
                                X