Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ UAlaska; Saturday, Oct 17th

Let's go, Red!!!

Let's get the road win and take the split home.

A midnight post sendoff for games in the land of the Midnight Sun.
    Last edited by fr. joe; 10-16-2015, 11:35 PM.

Re: RPI @ UAlaska; Saturday, Oct 17th

2015-16 Thread-Starting Statistics:

Code:
    engineerhockeyfan  1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    Ralph Baer         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cumulative 2003-04 - 2015-16 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
    Ralph Baer        44-45-14 102 points  .495
    fr joe            42-47-10  94 points  .475
    engineerhockeyfan 22-25- 5  49 points  .471
    Red Cloud         11- 3- 1  23 points  .767
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1  23 points  .442
    GRussinko         10-15- 2  22 points  .407
    DrDemento          6-18- 4  16 points  .286
    burgie12           6- 2- 1  13 points  .722
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1  13 points  .500
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1   9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0   8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1   7 points  .438
    Waite21            2- 6- 2   6 points  .300
    jericho            3-10- 0   6 points  .231
    JCrawford          2- 1- 0   4 points  .667
    REDRocket          2- 3- 0   4 points  .400
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    berbs91            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0   2 points  .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 2   2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    redrocker          0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1   1 point   .125
    RPI_2003           0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RenPI              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI92              0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI fan 4 life     0- 3- 0   0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 3- 0   0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/...ma%20Mater.mp3
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't know if the boys just got tired last night or that they had no answer for the UAA surge in the third period.
      Either way, they have to turn it around tonight.
      I should be here for the first period tonight, any more than that depends on how long my eyes stay open.

lets go red!!!!!!!!
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

i did not think i would be able to listen tonight with the game being listed so late. But circumstance might make it more likely for me. I am taking emergency call to night and more than likely will be in one of the various ER's that i cover. Will not be able to post but might at least listen to parts of the game. This time, let's get the lead (as we had last night) and learn how to keep it. Even if the officials seem to want to call everything on us at the latter stages of the game.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          i did not think i would be able to listen tonight with the game being listed so late. But circumstance might make it more likely for me. I am taking emergency call to night and more than likely will be in one of the various ER's that i cover. Will not be able to post but might at least listen to parts of the game. This time, let's get the lead (as we had last night) and learn how to keep it. Even if the officials seem to want to call everything on us at the latter stages of the game.
          I will be able to hang in for awhile but I am busy early Sunday morning... It sounds like some of you watched the game on the UAA feed; I listened on werpi. The radio call made it sound like the refs called everything on us in the third... how did it look to those who were viewing the game?

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
            I will be able to hang in for awhile but I am busy early Sunday morning... It sounds like some of you watched the game on the UAA feed; I listened on werpi. The radio call made it sound like the refs called everything on us in the third... how did it look to those who were viewing the game?
            They did make a lot of calls (4 i believe) but it not always how many calls are made, it is when they are made. Giving 3 penalties in a period may not make a difference. But when you put a team short handed 3 times in 7-8 minutes it sure can. A coach is forced to alter lines and any momentum you might have can end quickly. Last night we had a third period lead. Until we learn how to protect that far better than we do, we will continue to get frustrated. I did see the calls made and had warned it might happen from previous experience with games in Alaska. There was no question they could have been penalties anywhere. But some worse activities from the other team were not called (although 2 penalties were called). An obvious off sides was missed (things happen i guess). Although UAA did outplay us for parts of the period, it is difficult to figure what part of that was our fall in intensity versus our increased time having to play short handed on a big sheet of ice (where it is more difficult to defend). Also, we were put in a 4 on 3 situation which although called a power play, it is totally different than a 5 on 4 situation as you cannot stay in a box defense(again a situation made more difficult on the wider rink). Summary-did the officials cause us to lose? probably not. Did they contribute by changing momentum of a game in which they made very few calls for 40 minutes? Yes. But this is just my somewhat biased opinion.

Comment

To be fair, last night we had a couple of clear chances, at least based upon Tricks' description, to tie the game. We did not convert. If those chances didn't materialize, blaming the refs could be justifiable. Not in this case. Their goalie came up big when he needed to. They won fair and square.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                To be fair, last night we had a couple of clear chances, at least based upon Tricks' description, to tie the game. We did not convert. If those chances didn't materialize, blaming the refs could be justifiable. Not in this case. Their goalie came up big when he needed to. They won fair and square.
                Yes they won. yes we had chances. How does that in any change what i said about the officiating playing a role? Perhaps we would have and could have had more chances as we did when we were not sitting in the penalty box defending a series of penalties for quite a stretch in the third period. Dude, what you say is all true but it does not change what I saw and what I stated in an opinion. This does not happen in every game and we lose games we should (UML just was totally dominant for about 35 minutes. We have played poorly often enough to lose plenty games. We have lost third period leads before by just collapsing. But sometimes there has been a little help along the way and to ignore is to put your head int he sand. You have to call it as you see it. Have we gotten a break from officials at times? Sure. Do opponents get breaks also? Sure. But when it happens, why do we try to make excuses for situations where officials insert themselves into the game and help determine an outcome?

Comment

Joe is keeping us in suspense as to the lineup.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Is WRPI on the air?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Yes they won. yes we had chances. How does that in any change what i said about the officiating playing a role? Perhaps we would have and could have had more chances as we did when we were not sitting in the penalty box defending a series of penalties for quite a stretch in the third period. Dude, what you say is all true but it does not change what I saw and what I stated in an opinion. This does not happen in every game and we lose games we should (UML just was totally dominant for about 35 minutes. We have played poorly often enough to lose plenty games. We have lost third period leads before by just collapsing. But sometimes there has been a little help along the way and to ignore is to put your head int he sand. You have to call it as you see it. Have we gotten a break from officials at times? Sure. Do opponents get breaks also? Sure. But when it happens, why do we try to make excuses for situations where officials insert themselves into the game and help determine an outcome?
                      Sure, many things could have happened, certain stars could have been in alignment, whatever you want to claim. The point is that there is a fine line when it comes to blaming refs for a loss, and much of the talk over the last couple of days has been flirting with, possibly even crossing, that line. Did some calls not go our way? Perhaps. Looking at the odd man situations, we were +1 overall (PPGF, SHGF, PPGA). I'm more worried about the first goal UAA scored in the third, because it was within two minutes of the start of the period. That shows me that we have not learned how to come out of the locker room and either come out with guns blazing, or react to adjustments quickly enough. We saw it way too many times with last year's team, too, and several of those times involved a lead. Did we get complacent?

Every year, the biggest issue we seem to find is consistency. Granted not so much so in the years where we are consistently ****. Sure, no one person's going to be perfect, and one person may be having a rough go at it, but it is important for the team, as a whole, to be consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Is WRPI on the air?
                        Not at this time; I'm sure someone will inboard soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Joe is keeping us in suspense as to the lineup.

.....maybe Bell & Devito or Miller?
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            .....maybe Bell & Devito or Miller?
                            I think that only Bell would be a minor change. The other two are over 21.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am not used to listening to a BCHL game on the web before ours starts. http://ckiz.streamon.fm/ Cho is in the lineup.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X