Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Well, if we don't get the son of one of the guys from the 91 team, Quinn just goes for another....saw on Twitter that Ty Amonte is headed to BU. And yes I know, one of Keith Tkachuk's kids is coming to BU, too.
    Ahem, paging Shawn McEachern (91) and Joe Sacco (90). Get on the ball...
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      If one is indeed thinking of going to the Q (not surprising at all), perhaps A.J. Greer's enormous 1-4-5 14 PIM through 12 GP line could serve as a deterrent. Obviously different levels of player, but going Q does not automatically equal monster stats.
      I think when a highly thought of kid struggles the thought is well it can't be my fault, maybe a change of scenery will help. When the reality is that greer very well could just be a bust. Still too early to say that but definitely a possibility.

Comment

So...what is going on? Jeff Cox tweeted that Ty is coming after a scholly was freed up when BU asked a prep school recruit to wait a year , and he has now decommitted and will be going elsewhere. If we're talking for 2016, that would have to be Johnny McDermott, right? The only other prep forward is Patrick Harper for 2017, and he seems to be too good a recruit for BU to let slip away. Not saying Ty isn't a good recruit, but a year ago, he was not of BU's caliber, he has improved significantly from what I have read.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          So...what is going on? Jeff Cox tweeted that Ty is coming after a scholly was freed up when BU asked a prep school recruit to wait a year , and he has now decommitted and will be going elsewhere. If we're talking for 2016, that would have to be Johnny McDermott, right? The only other prep forward is Patrick Harper for 2017, and he seems to be too good a recruit for BU to let slip away. Not saying Ty isn't a good recruit, but a year ago, he was not of BU's caliber, he has improved significantly from what I have read.
          Blood lines maybe. Talent, no way.

Comment

If only hoky would stop by and clear all this up for us.....
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Trying to get some confirmations, but it appears that some parts of yesterday's reports are not accurate. Hearing that Amonte will play for Youngstown next year, then arrive in 2017 with Tkacuk, Harper, Crone and Farrance.

Bellows and Keller were at it again last night. Two goals for each in a 4-3 win, with Bellows getting the OT game-winner. Krys had an assist. Oettinger allowed only one even-strength goal.

Tonight's rematch with Green Bay is being streamed free in HD at 7 p.m. ET.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Caught some of Michigan State-Ohio State Friday night. The Spartans have a forward named Mackenzie MacEachern. And he wears #15. (Bio doesn't mention a connection to Shawn.)
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

He's not. I've checked. He's pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Caught some of Michigan State-Ohio State Friday night. The Spartans have a forward named Mackenzie MacEachern. And he wears #15. (Bio doesn't mention a connection to Shawn.)
                    His MSU bio states he is "Son of Ronald and Pamela"

Sean
                    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                    BU Hockey highlights and extras
                    NCAA Hockey Financials
                    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Joe Sacco's son, Joe, played for McEachern at The Rivers School and put up good numbers. Now in the BCHL with Vernon. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=212568

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Well, if we don't get the son of one of the guys from the 91 team, Quinn just goes for another....saw on Twitter that Ty Amonte is headed to BU. And yes I know, one of Keith Tkachuk's kids is coming to BU, too.
                      Chad Krys's dad, Mark, was captain of the 1991 national finalist team.

Comment

From USHL.com
                        The duo of Clayton Keller and Kieffer Bellows has been unstoppable, and that’s good news for both NTDP and Boston University. The two Terrier commits are both well over a point-per-game pace with Keller averaging 2.00 Pt/G and Bellows at 1.59 Pt/G. Bellows capped off his weekend with four goals, and two game-winning goals in a back-to-back set. Just as impressive has been the play of 2017 NHL Draft eligible goaltender Jake Oettinger. The Lakeville, MN native is chasing every Team USA USHL goaltending single season record including John Gibson’s 2010-11 USHL season record for save percentage (.926%), Thatcher Demko and Jack Campell’s GAA record (2.21) and Demko’s 2012-13 record for most wins (15). With seven games remaining Oettinger is 10-1-0-0 with a 2.16 GAA and .925 SV%.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          If only hoky would stop by and clear all this up for us.....
                          My only comment is, I would verify the 4/4. As Tonald Reagan always said, "trust but verify"!!

Good for him. It's not reasonable for every kid of a former player to have to go thru the ringer and be scrutinized just because his dad was a winner

If his name was Ty Webb, no one would say anything outside, "BU just picked up another quality forward".

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            My only comment is, I would verify the 4/4. As Tonald Reagan always said, "trust but verify"!!

Good for him. It's not reasonable for every kid of a former player to have to go thru the ringer and be scrutinized just because his dad was a winner

If his name was Ty Webb, no one would say anything outside, "BU just picked up another quality forward".
                            So he is a decent add?
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              So he is a decent add?
                              For sure

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                                My only comment is, I would verify the 4/4.
                                Agreed. From one of my sources, I heard Ty wasn't offered a full nor is there a de-commitment from one of the prep recruits. The same source also said Harper might be accelerated to come this Fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X