Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Purpura is expected to be a 2019 recruit, but if Oettinger was to leave (perish the thought ), he could arrive next fall. BU was a competitor for the BCHL's top goalie, Ty Taylor, who committed to UNH. BU reportedly wanted him for 2019. He'll attend UNH next fall.
    Are we trying to make the UNH fans suicidal? I think taking Commesso from them is probably enough...

Related - what are the odds that BU finds a really good starting goalie that is willing to come to potentially have one year without either Oettinger and Commesso here?
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
      Are we trying to make the UNH fans suicidal? I think taking Commesso from them is probably enough...

Related - what are the odds that BU finds a really good starting goalie that is willing to come to potentially have one year without either Oettinger and Commesso here?
      I might be confused with my years, but isn't Rogie saying that is what Purpura is for?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        And that's on JFK. You think he's looking at his former teammates and wondering about what it would be like if he was still a Terrier with the team going to the NCAAs? I think that was a big mistake on his part. Stupid Don Sweeney. Why the hell did he convince JFK to leave and then keep him in Providence?? What a disaster.
        Signing bonus and still gets paid reasonably well to play hockey even in the AHL. Can still develop down there. And they let him burn a year off his ELC to get to RFA one year sooner which is a huge carrot they dangle in front of these kids. CBA is killing college hockey right now. Sure it's a free place to stash a kid for development but GMs just don't want to chance having these kids take off on them and lose their picks like say a Brian Boyle or a Blake Wheeler (I believe they get compensatory picks but if they like their pick post-draft why chance another unknown prospect?)
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          Think BU has already done that, grabbing likely first-rounder Farabee when he decommitted from UNH. Going back awhile, I believe Pete MacArthur was originally headed to Durham. Probably others, too.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Can still develop down there.
            I'm probably wrong here but is he really developing all that much? If he was tearing up the AHL, we would know.

Comment

Jeff Cox is reporting that 2020 recruits Drew Commesso (goalie, St. Sebastian's) and Luke Tuch (wing, Jr. Sabres 16U) are among the early players confirmed to have made next year's NTDP U17s. Commesso is one of two Massachusetts players confirmed. The other is Milton Academy freshman Matt Beniers, considered a top prospect with BU, BC, Harvard, Northeastern and Providence all recruiting him.

http://www.nyhockeyjournal.com/nyhoc...ticleId1368218

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1368214

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                I'm probably wrong here but is he really developing all that much? If he was tearing up the AHL, we would know.
                JFK has been out for a long stretch with a bad concussion.

Comment

Jeff Cox is reporting that 2020 recruits Drew Commesso (goalie, St. Sebastian's) and Luke Tuch (wing, Jr. Sabres 16U) are among the early players confirmed to have made next year's NTDP U17s. Commesso is one of two Massachusetts players confirmed. The other is Milton Academy freshman Matt Beniers, considered a top prospect with BU, BC, Harvard, Northeastern and Providence all recruiting him.

http://www.nyhockeyjournal.com/nyhoc...ticleId1368218

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1368214
                  Jeff Cox @JeffCoxSports 52m52 minutes ago
                  3 dual (US/Canada) citizens were offered spots by NTDP:
                  - Thomas Bordeleau, F, College Esther-Blondin
                  - Dylan Peterson, F, CIHA White (BU)
                  - Jake Sanderson, D, Edge School 15s (North Dakota)
                  PrioritySelection.ca has ranked Peterson, a 6'3"RW, at #5 for the upcoming OHL draft.
                  All three BU prospects at evaluation camp received invitations for the 2018-19 U17 roster.

Comment

It appears that BU has received a commitment from Belmont Hill forward/defenseman John Copeland. Hasn’t appeared yet on either the Heisenberg or College Hockey Inc. lists.

Terrier Hockey‏ @BU_Hockey5 22h22 hours ago
                    6’5” forward out of Wellesley, MA .... His father Todd played @ Michigan in the late 80’s .... he will likely be a 2019-20 recruit
                    Copeland, a right-shot, played four seasons at Belmont Hill, the first three as a forward. He moved to defense this season and led the team in goals with 10, adding 11 assists for 21 points and serving as team captain.

Comment

BU recruit Jake Wise:

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1370778
                      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Draft profile of 2018 recruit Joel Farabee projected to be a first round selection anywhere from #8 to #18.
                        https://www.milehighhockey.com/2018/...farabee-usntdp

Comment

In NHL Central Scouting's final draft rankings, 2019 recruit Vinnie Purpura is ranked #23 among N. American goalies. He was unranked in the midterms. In 23 games with Omaha, he has a 2.40 GAA and a .916 save percentage.

Among N. American Skaters: Brady Tkachuk #2, Joel Farabee #12, Jake Wise #38, Tyler Weiss #90, Jack DeBoer #166. http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...Rank&year=2018

Comment

In NHL Central Scouting's final draft rankings, 2019 recruit Vinnie Purpura is ranked #23 among N. American goalies. He was unranked in the midterms. In 23 games with Omaha, he has a 2.40 GAA and a .916 save percentage.

Among N. American Skaters: Brady Tkachuk #2, Joel Farabee #12, Jake Wise #38, Tyler Weiss #90, Jack DeBoer #166. http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...Rank&year=2018
                            For those who may not have seen, the U-18 tourney will be broadcast on NHL Network. I believe game 1 is tomorrow (Thursday) at 10 am.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              For those who may not have seen, the U-18 tourney will be broadcast on NHL Network. I believe game 1 is tomorrow (Thursday) at 10 am.
                              10:30 tomorrow and 6:30 am Friday

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                                10:30 tomorrow and 6:30 am Friday
                                For Thursday's game (Canada) and Friday's (Switzerland) , there are taped replays at 7:30 p.m. ET.

Comment

Working...
                                X