BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    is it unusual for someone to sign a NLA nearly two years before they are due to arrive? (Harper). Seems like it to me.
    It's uncommon, but not unheard of. Quinnipiac is a school that comes to mind that does it with some frequency. As far as I know this is the first time Quinn and Co have done it.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
      It's uncommon, but not unheard of. Quinnipiac is a school that comes to mind that does it with some frequency. As far as I know this is the first time Quinn and Co have done it.
      Perhaps the early signing gives both parties mutual assurance. What puzzles me is that I am under the impression that an LOI can't be signed until the athlete's senior year. Isn't this boy a junior?

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        Perhaps the early signing gives both parties mutual assurance. What puzzles me is that I am under the impression that an LOI can't be signed until the athlete's senior year. Isn't this boy a junior?

Comment

Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          is it unusual for someone to sign a NLA nearly two years before they are due to arrive? (Harper). Seems like it to me.

And can someone remind me of what the signficance is? Does it mean the coach can now comment on them, or the broadcasters can reference the fact that they are coming to BU (as they clearly couldn't when the U18s played BU)?
          Yes, the coaches and broadcasters can now talk about these recruits that have signed the NLI. Bloggers, of course, were not subject to the pre-NLI restriction.

As for Harper, this past summer during the Select 17s, SB Nation’s Jeff Cox tweeted a confirmation that Harper, who was a sophomore at Avon Old Farms last season, will accelerate to graduate next spring and then play a season in the USHL before arriving at BU in 2017. His USHL rights are owned by Omaha. He's a '98, just like the four recruits on the NTDP U18s. In fact, Harper and Clayton Keller share the same birthdate, July 29, which in a few years could end up being an official holiday on the BU (hockey) calendar.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...thern-cyclones

Had Farabee rated "a" prospect at Midget Tier 1 New England Regionals
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Updated Central Scouting Players to Watch List for the 2016 draft is out. Only 3 NTDP U18 players received “A” rankings (first-round candidate): Keller, Bellows and Krys. Krys had received a B rating in September, but was upgraded. Fabbro also received an A, while McAvoy was one of two NCAA players to get an A. Patrick Harper received a C ranking.

Might Keller, who leads the U18s with 37 points in 20 games be considered for the Jr. National Team as an under-ager as Eichel and Matthews were?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                Updated Central Scouting Players to Watch List for the 2016 draft is out. Only 3 NTDP U18 players received “A” rankings (first-round candidate): Keller, Bellows and Krys. Krys had received a B rating in September, but was upgraded. Fabbro also received an A, while McAvoy was one of two NCAA players to get an A. Patrick Harper received a C ranking.

Might Keller, who leads the U18s with 37 points in 20 games be considered for the Jr. National Team as an under-ager as Eichel and Matthews were?
                5 As and a C. Not a bad GPA.

Comment

Terriers brought home more than the Kelley-Harkness Trophy from their New York visit. 2001 birthdate Robert Mastrosimone, a slippery, small playmaker from E. Islip, NY, now at Shattuck, committed to BU today. Has a 32-32-64 line in 29 games for SSM Bantams.

USHR's #7 forward at the World Selects Invite in June (Joel Farabee was #4).
                  7. Robert Mastrosimone (#94, Hockey Essentials) Shattuck St-Mary's, 5-8/140 '01 -- The only '01 in the tournament had quite a showing. The East Islip, NY native posted a 4-1-5 scoring line in the play-in game against the East Coast Quebec team. A truly dynamic player with four-way skating ability and remarkable vision, Mastrosimone likes to work from below the goal line on the power play, and is a dangerous playmaker from that area. Will be a top player on a very strong team at Shattuck in the upcoming season. (4-3-7, 6 GP)
                  Mark Bilotta ‏@mbilotta 2h2 hours ago:
                  01 F Robert Mastrosimone (BU) is slippery through traffic, finds ways to impact every game. Quick feet/wrists & gritty: top tier player.

Comment

Three BU 2018 recruits were named to the Team USA roster for the IIHF 2016 Youth Olympics in Lillehammer. Forwards Jake Wise, Jack DeBoer and Tyler Weiss make up 1/3 of the nine forwards on the roster.

Comment

From OTB twitter: A new recruit, 01 D Case McCarthy.

Over The Boards ‏@OverTheBoards 26m26 minutes ago
                      01 D Case McCarthy (Mississauga Rebels) commits to BU. Nice get, stand-out RD excelled playing '00s in summer. Poised, w/ offensive upside.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        From OTB twitter: A new recruit, 01 D Case McCarthy.

Over The Boards ‏@OverTheBoards 26m26 minutes ago
                        01 D Case McCarthy (Mississauga Rebels) commits to BU. Nice get, stand-out RD excelled playing '00s in summer. Poised, w/ offensive upside.
                        6'0", 185 RD from Buffalo area. Summer event was the World Selects Invite, where fellow 2019 recruits Joel Farabee and Robert Mastrosimone excelled, too.

Comment

albie was away this past weekend......
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

"Exhuming McCarthy...." (random song quote for no good reason but it entered my head when I read about the commit).

Rogie - has Central Catholic started their season yet? Looking forward to hearing about Wise's season. Maybe I'll try to catch a game, since they are not too far away.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                              6'0", 185 RD from Buffalo area. Summer event was the World Selects Invite, where fellow 2019 recruits Joel Farabee and Robert Mastrosimone excelled, too.
                              Do three early 1980s Terriers who hailed from Mississauga (Sinclair, Darling and Pierog) pick up any assists on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Hurl82 View Post
                                Do three early 1980s Terriers who hailed from Mississauga (Sinclair, Darling and Pierog) pick up any assists on this?
                                Hearing that McCarthy is considered an early candidate for the NTDP and is a top prospect for the OHL draft.

Defkit--Central Catholic has played twice. Better catch Jake Wise this season; he'll be in Plymouth, Michigan, (U17s) next year.

The NHL.com weekly top draft prospect profile is Kieffer Bellows. TheDraftAnalyst.com examined both his and Clayton Keller's games following last week's NTDP game vs. Princeton.

If you subscribe to TerrierTV, you can watch a live stream of tonight's game between the Junior National Team and UMass for free on UMass All Access.

Comment

Working...
                                X