Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Remember when Charlie Coyle wasn't a good source on Charlie Coyle? Those were the days I really liked BU hockey.
    Charlie's quote was a rushed one getting off a plane at the WJC in the heat of the story breaking when he clearly had not had time to sign his MJ contract. Greenway has been quoted multiple times in different media outlets over a long period of time. There's no reason to have skepticism of his quote as there was with Coyle at the time.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
      Yeah, that guy from Minnesota you said was "well-respected and in-the-know." When Greenway himself came out and said he was coming back, you said that it was news to this reporter and that we shouldn't get our hopes up yet. As if Greenway wasn't a good source on Greenway. Just looking to see if you had an update for us.

When did Bellows say multiple times in public (or even once) that he was coming back?
      So you've never heard of Michael Russo? Not my fault. And it's not like I said Greenway was leaving. The point is things change, despite what a kid might say. If a kid says he wants to return but hasn't talked to his NHL team about it, I am going to assume there will still be a conversation. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, turd. But it really wasn't a hot take. I don't care if it's the kid himself or the coach (oops)...nothing is ever set in stone with these things.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Charlie's quote was a rushed one getting off a plane at the WJC in the heat of the story breaking when he clearly had not had time to sign his MJ contract. Greenway has been quoted multiple times in different media outlets over a long period of time. There's no reason to have skepticism of his quote as there was with Coyle at the time.
        Exactly. Pretty difficult to confuse the two.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          So you've never heard of Michael Russo? Not my fault. And it's not like I said Greenway was leaving. The point is things change, despite what a kid might say. If a kid says he wants to return but hasn't talked to his NHL team about it, I am going to assume there will still be a conversation. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, turd. But it really wasn't a hot take. I don't care if it's the kid himself or the coach (oops)...nothing is ever set in stone with these things.
          Why would I have heard of some random reporter in Minnesota? You are acting like he is Woodward & Bernstein.

I was just simply asking if you had an update. Not sure why you have your panties all bunched up?

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            My guess is they will be on the 6-8 range..
            national? or hea?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              national? or hea?
              FWIW, prior to JFK's decision to sign with the Bruins, CHN's Joe Meloni had BU at #4 in an early ranking. CHN also had Notre Dame at #2 before Bjork signed with the Bruins and Peterson announced he'll turn pro this summer http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...Top-10-For.php
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

BU will have a great D squad and a stud in goal, but I think goal scoring will be an issue. Instead of that one or two "go-to guys," it will be more of a scoring by committee which doesn't work well very often in my experience. More depth than last year but less at the top. BU really needs a couple of players to have breakout years. A big boost from Greenway would be welcomed. I expect Harper to match his Freshman year scoring, but not improve on it considering the talent loss around him. Looking at last year's scoring roster, I really don't see another candidate to significantly increase their scoring. Any thoughts? Again, a big part of BU's success will again depend on how much the freshmen can contribute. Really wish JFK would have stayed.

I think BU will be successful in Hockey East. Arguably BU has the best class coming in. Many of the top teams lost a good amount of talent as well. Looks to be another down year for Hockey East nationally. I think the 6-8 defkit predicted is reasonable with the freshmen panning out as expected. Any higher than that will involve some pleasant surprises. A lot of 2-1, 3-2 games I think.

Comment

mookie isn't going to pretend to know every nhl gm, but isn't there a patrick roy type there who may draft jake and tell him he would prefer to see him play 60+ games in mj or ahl?? ok, maybe not likely, but 25-30% possible?

if that happens do the boys win 12 games?

and relying on a freshman class for scoring that won't have the 3 1st rd picks that last year did sounds iffy.....
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Alberni Valley (BCHL) right-shot center Jake Witkowski commits to BU for 2017-18. 5-10 forward played four seasons at Malden Catholic and one at Avon Old Farms as Patrick Harper's teammate. 23-17-40 last season at AV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mxfQzmZpqc
                    Details and video

Comment

SBN’s Chris Dilks’s early look at the 2018 draft has Brady Tkachuk and Joel Farabee in the top 10, and Tyler Weiss and Jake Wise in the next 18.
                      http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2017...ayers-to-watch

Jeff Cox‏ @JeffCoxSports
                      East Coast Canadians win Beantown NAPS 15U. BU commit Josh Lawrence was clear standout. D Christian Jimenez was best uncommitted prospect.

Comment

I see he has tyler weiss and brady tkachuk ahead of jake wise. Not saying wise won't be good but his stock has certainly dropped over the last couple years.

Comment

Farabee ahead of wise as well.

Comment

I see he has tyler weiss and brady tkachuk ahead of jake wise. Not saying wise won't be good but his stock has certainly dropped over the last couple years.
                            Farabee ahead of wise as well.
                            He has Tkachuk and Farabee ahead of Wise. Not Weiss. The players within each grade are listed alphabetically, not individually ranked.

Comment

Ok, two ahead and one on par. Same point applies. But not surprising because kids develop differently.

Comment

Ok, two ahead and one on par. Same point applies. But not surprising because kids develop differently.
                                Yeah, Wise's stock has dropped since he and Wahlstrom were mentioned as likely Top-5 prospects a couple years ago. He seems to have acknowledged that he had some early struggles with the U-17s, and it will be interesting to see if he regains some momentum on the U-18s.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X