BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    And what meeting would you to go Rogie you know it all Puke? You know less on this board than any poster on here
    I enjoyed this post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      Nice pivot away from your BS suggestion that Crotty was recruited due to his midterm draft ranking and the disingenuous suggestion that Crotty and Kotkansalo “will automatically be in the line-up to appease whatever NHL teams draft them.” It’s not even certain that Crotty will be on next year’s roster, given today’s comment by Quinn that he expects MacLeod to return.

Since, I’ve only seen Kotkansalo once in a streamed game and Crotty not at all, I’ll rely on the judgement and expertise of respected recruiters from BU, BC and North Dakota as well as NHL Central Scouting, rather than someone obsessively beating an anti-Quinn drum and spewing “because I said so” pronouncements. You and Hokey should get together and carpool to the next Insufferably Full of Myself Anonymous meeting.
      So the answer is you haven't seen him play and your sources of him being a shut down D are internet recruiting experts and supposed interest from other schools by these same experts...NHL Central Scouting..don't make me laugh...interesting that you speak of MacLeod...he is coming back because he has no other choice..Tampa has zero interest in signing him and has in fact fired the guy who drafted him ..probably based on his Central Scouting rating....oh and the NTDP propaganda machine...I heard Quinn announce an 8 man incoming class today..5 forwards and 3 D...didn't have anything to do with MacLeod leaving or staying

As for being in the line up or not ..not pivoting away at all...in fact I hope he doesn't come in because he is an average defenseman in a weak league who has produced nothing...could use another year in juniors...I can only go by what I have witnessed in the past...can't see NHL Network DQ telling any NHL team that their draft pick won't be in the line up...even a 4th or 5th rounder in the weakest draft in 30 years
      Last edited by BUtogether; 03-30-2017, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Originally posted by hokydad View Post
        and what meeting would you to go rogie
        nambla
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

All I will say is that on paper, BU scares me more next year than they did this year.

Comment

Seems like Zegras dropping to the 4th round of the OHL draft (Misassauga) is a good sign that teams don't have a lot of faith that they can convince him to go the MJ route instead. Given that he was rated among the top prospects for it.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

With JFK's departure not planned, is another recruit going to get accelerated? Or will the look for someone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                With JFK's departure not planned, is another recruit going to get accelerated? Or will the look for someone else?
                We have five coming in and five have graduated or left early.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                  We have five coming in and five have graduated or left early.
                  Did a little digging:

Out (6) - Roberto (F), Kelley (F), Somerby (D) grads; Keller (F), JFK (F) and McAvoy (D) early.

In (8) - Tkachuck (F), Bowers (F), Crone (F), Cockerill (F), Amonte (F), Farrance (D), Kotkansalo (D), Crotty (D).

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                    Did a little digging:

Out (6) - Roberto (F), Kelley (F), Somerby (D) grads; Keller (F), JFK (F) and McAvoy (D) early.

In (8) - Tkachuck (F), Bowers (F), Crone (F), Cockerill (F), Amonte (F), Farrance (D), Kotkansalo (D), Crotty (D).
                    Sorry, I was just counting forwards. I know it isn't official, but I don't think Greenway will be back.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                      Sorry, I was just counting forwards. I know it isn't official, but I don't think Greenway will be back.
                      So Greenway would make 5 leaving, and there are 5 coming in. Not to mention that there are others that didn't get into too many games that will hope to see more ice time.

So I would guess that there aren't plans to add.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I was in a thrash band called the Know It All Pukes back in the 80's, played the Rat a few times.

Anyway, we can relax 'cuz Greenway is staying.

Comment

2019 recruit Robert Mastrosimone signed a tender with USHL Chicago Steel after 23-21-44 in 31 games in an injury shortened season with Shattuck.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by skatin_terrier View Post
                            I was in a thrash band called the Know It All Pukes back in the 80's, played the Rat a few times.

Anyway, we can relax 'cuz Greenway is staying.
                            Are you going off what Greenway said recently? Because a well respected in the know reporter who covers the Wild said that was news to them. Basically, they hadn't heard that from Greenway.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Are you going off what Greenway said recently? Because a well respected in the know reporter who covers the Wild said that was news to them. Basically, they hadn't heard that from Greenway.
                              Greenway has said it himself.
                              He is also on schedule to get his degree in three-years.
                              And unless Minnesota is handing him a roster spot, it makes sense to continue his development. And they still sign him after next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                                Greenway has said it himself.
                                He is also on schedule to get his degree in three-years.
                                And unless Minnesota is handing him a roster spot, it makes sense to continue his development. And they still sign him after next season.
                                Three year degrees have been quite the thing at BU lately. (O'Connor, Baillargeon, LaCouvee, Greenway)

Comment

Working...
                                X