Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Originally posted by Mike799 View Post
    I looked at some mocks/discussion on Brady Tkchuck and people seem to think he's a top 5 talent for his 2018 draft year. I had no idea he was that highly thought of
    I was surprised when I first saw this a while back, too. It's not like he is a dominant player for the U18s. My guess is that since he isn't eligible until 2018, people figure that by then he will have elevated his game quite a bit.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
      I was surprised when I first saw this a while back, too. It's not like he is a dominant player for the U18s. My guess is that since he isn't eligible until 2018, people figure that by then he will have elevated his game quite a bit.
      He isn't supposed to be as good as his brother, right?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        My guess is that since he isn't eligible until 2018, people figure that by then he will have elevated his game quite a bit.
        Misses the criteria for the 2017 draft by one day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          Well, isn't that a good thing? I mean many here have been complaining about all the high draft picks Coach Quinn has gotten and how none of the are likely to stay around for 3 or 4 seasons. With lower level draft picks maybe more of the will stay 3 or 4 seasons.

Sean
          The high draft picks are fine as long they earn their ice time...what will be interesting to see if DQ just rolls another two D into the lineup because they are middle of the road NHL draft picks...Crotty and Katkansalo are not D1 ready but if the past is any indication they will automatically be in the line up to appease whatever NHL teams draft them...Farrence has skill but struggled mightily in the D zone...and sometimes sticking around isn't always a good thing...usually means the player hasn't developed and the team has no interest in them.
          Last edited by BUtogether; 03-29-2017, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike799 View Post
            I looked at some mocks/discussion on Brady Tkchuck and people seem to think he's a top 5 talent for his 2018 draft year. I had no idea he was that highly thought of
            Tkchuck is very good and should help the Terriers considerably up front...great compete level ...high IQ and can score

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
              It doesn't sound like David Quinn's recruits are as elite as previous years.
              Here we go again...USA NTDP propaganda machine...ready to roll...there iare always many changes as to who the better players are between 16-18 unless of course you play for USA...then it never changes...the NTDP is made up of roughly 4-6 players who are easily judged as elite...the rest could be replaced in a heartbeat but are still treated like the best of the best..might be a blessing for BU players to not be on this team...they are not coddled, have to produce for othervteams and not just be along for the ride
              Last edited by BUtogether; 03-29-2017, 02:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                2017 (or 2018) recruit Cameron Crotty named CCHL's Top Prospect. 6'3 RD ranked #68 among N. Americans by Central Scouting.
                http://www.centraljuniorhockeyleague...ws/news_471286
                13 points in a less than stellar league?...suppose the NHL interest proves he's way better than a 45 point scorer at the same age in a far more difficult league who is now 3 years older than him...must be his defensive prowess right Pickett?...anybody think DQ has the guts to sit out an NHL draft pick for the season,This is the kind of media driven bs I am talking about..top prospect in that league is a bit like being the tallest midget..and is he really one of top players or just picked because the NHL likes his potential? one Hand feeds the other ..'we feel we have a real advocate in coach Quinn"...translation he plays our prospects no matter what
                Last edited by BUtogether; 03-29-2017, 02:32 AM.

Comment

US Natl program is a joke. Harvard for one learned lesson several years ago to stop taking just because they were from there. Herb Brooks despised the program and that is good enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    He isn't supposed to be as good as his brother, right?
                    That is correct

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                      13 points in a less than stellar league?...suppose the NHL interest proves he's way better than a 45 point scorer at the same age in a far more difficult league who is now 3 years older than him...must be his defensive prowess right Pickett?...anybody think DQ has the guts to sit out an NHL draft pick for the season,This is the kind of media driven bs I am talking about..top prospect in that league is a bit like being the tallest midget..and is he really one of top players or just picked because the NHL likes his potential? one Hand feeds the other ..'we feel we have a real advocate in coach Quinn"...translation he plays our prospects no matter what
                      Try doing some homework before bleating out such an inane argument—that BU recruited a low-scoring CCHL player because of his NHL draft ranking--just to support your anti-Quinn agenda. Crotty was on the radar of college recruiters well before NHL Central Scouting looked at him--and they only had him as a "C" back in October. Besides BU, he had offers from BC and North Dakota, schools with unquestionable recruiting prowess. Following a very good first year in Junior A, he had an even better one this season and committed to BU months before the midterm rankings came out.

Yes, he’s a defense-first D; in this era where D-men are encouraged to “activate”, you still need shutdown guys, which you’ll find on every good team. Brian Strait had a combined 18 points in his TWO seasons prior to coming to BU. But Parker & Quinn recruited him for a specific role and he became one of the better shutdown D’s in Hockey East.

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                      Crotty and Katkansalo are not D1 ready but if the past is any indication they will automatically be in the line up to appease whatever NHL teams draft them..
                      Apparently Jerry York and Brad Berry don't share your opinion. So convenient to project a negative situation as if it already happened. FWIW, if BU only loses Somerby and McAvoy, Crotty will likely spend another year in junior.
                      Last edited by Rogie21; 03-29-2017, 10:36 AM.
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                        Try doing some homework before bleating out such an inane argument—that BU recruited a low-scoring CCHL player because of his NHL draft ranking--just to support your anti-Quinn agenda. Crotty was on the radar of college recruiters well before NHL Central Scouting looked at him--and they only had him as a "C" back in October. Besides BU, he had offers from BC and North Dakota, schools with unquestionable recruiting prowess. Following a very good first year in Junior A, he had an even better one this season and committed to BU months before the midterm rankings came out.

Yes, he’s a defense-first D; in this era where D-men are encouraged to “activate”, you still need shutdown guys, which you’ll find on every good team. Brian Strait had a combined 18 points in his TWO seasons prior to coming to BU. But Parker & Quinn recruited him for a specific role and he became one of the better shutdown D’s in Hockey East.

Apparently Jerry York and Brad Berry don't share your opinion. So convenient to project a negative situation as if it already happened. FWIW, if BU only loses Somerby and McAvoy, Crotty will likely spend another year in junior.
                        Well they shouldn't be ready for D1 hockey right now, right? They still have six months!

Comment

Here is some homework for you...watch the kid play..I don't care if the ghost of Toe Blake recruited him..the NHL draft grades mean nothing to me it is mostly based on potential...he is not a shut down defender..he's big skates pretty well but isn't very good offensively...offense isn't everything but it also doesn't mean you are a shut down defenseman. Being good offensively also doesn't mean you can't play defense but keep drinking the Kool Aid
                          Last edited by BUtogether; 03-29-2017, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Just out of curiosity Rogie...how many times have you seen Crotty or Katkansalo play?...or is your idea of homework regurgatating tweets from the various recruiting experts?..hope Katkansalo is a "shut down " D also because my lord he can't score...PS I have seen both multiple times and Crotty's lack of scoring has nothing to do with being a shut down D or not activating...Katkansalo is far more in the mold of what you are describing...awesome now BU has four shut down D in the line up next year..lol
                            Last edited by BUtogether; 03-29-2017, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Nice pivot away from your BS suggestion that Crotty was recruited due to his midterm draft ranking and the disingenuous suggestion that Crotty and Kotkansalo “will automatically be in the line-up to appease whatever NHL teams draft them.” It’s not even certain that Crotty will be on next year’s roster, given today’s comment by Quinn that he expects MacLeod to return.

Since, I’ve only seen Kotkansalo once in a streamed game and Crotty not at all, I’ll rely on the judgement and expertise of respected recruiters from BU, BC and North Dakota as well as NHL Central Scouting, rather than someone obsessively beating an anti-Quinn drum and spewing “because I said so” pronouncements. You and Hokey should get together and carpool to the next Insufferably Full of Myself Anonymous meeting.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

And what meeting would you to go Rogie you know it all Puke? You know less on this board than any poster on here

Comment

Working...
                                X