Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    So, what is the status of the 2017 recruiting class?

Sean
    As of last week, the coaches were waiting to hear decisions from two players and one way or another, that was going to be it. Bowers was one, I forget the other one's name so I don't know if he committed elsewhere or hasn't decided yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      As of last week, the coaches were waiting to hear decisions from two players and one way or another, that was going to be it. Bowers was one, I forget the other one's name so I don't know if he committed elsewhere or hasn't decided yet.
      It was my understanding that if they did not get both players they would continue to recruit.

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
        The other target is RD Cameron Crotty, playing in his second season with the CCHL Brockville Braves. Was named all-rookie last season. Recently THN’s Ryan Kennedy tweeted:
        Hearing that D-man Cameron Crotty (2017 draft) is looking at Boston U, Boston College and North Dakota. He was a St. Lawrence commit
        www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=299556
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          The other target is RD Cameron Crotty, playing in his second season with the CCHL Brockville Braves. Was named all-rookie last season. Recently THN’s Ryan Kennedy tweeted: Hearing that D-man Cameron Crotty (2017 draft) is looking at Boston U, Boston College and North Dakota. He was a St. Lawrence commit
          Thanks Rogie. I understood that he was expected to make a decision by the end of this week. Has that changed? Or can we expect an announcement shortly?

Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
            Thanks Rogie. I understood that he was expected to make a decision by the end of this week. Has that changed? Or can we expect an announcement shortly?

Sean
            I'd heard a decision was expected this weekend. Crotty played for Brockville in an early season tournament and was injured and just returned recently. Apparently used the time off to visit some campuses.

A blog reader sent along a few comments about Dylan Peterson from HockeysFuture's message board:

Just had my first viewing of 02 Dylan Peterson...puck on a string would be an understatement.
            From Priority Selection (which scouts Ontario kids for the OHL draft)
            He's pretty clearly #1 in Ontario at this point for the 02's, but it's shaping up to be a very interesting year for forwards, as there's no shortage of big guys who also skate well, and have the skill to match.

Comment

I'd heard a decision was expected this weekend. Crotty played for Brockville in an early season tournament and was injured and just returned recently. Apparently used the time off to visit some campuses.

A blog reader sent along a few comments about Dylan Peterson from HockeysFuture's message board:

From Priority Selection (which scouts Ontario kids for the OHL draft)
              Wow, sounds like Peterson is projected to be very good. Hope he sticks to the NCAA route. I have to think that seeing Jost and Fabbro going in the first round will be a big boost for higher end Canadian's strongly considering this route (not that there haven't been in the past - Toews, etc, but good to have recent examples).
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

not sure of the potential lines/bodies, but you have to assume greenway is gone. taking in the jfk going..... and have to guess 1/2 of bellows/keller may jump, you can't have too many bodies in the pipe.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  not sure of the potential lines/bodies, but you have to assume greenway is gone. taking in the jfk going..... and have to guess 1/2 of bellows/keller may jump, you can't have too many bodies in the pipe.
                  I think Greenway could make some NHL rosters now. I don't see anyway that he comes back.

As far as JFK, I feel there is at least a 50/50 shot he comes back. He is a good player, but I think he is bound for at least one full season in the AHL, and we know the Bruins are often patient with their prospects in NCAA.

Keller could certainly go, but I wouldn't count against him coming back for a year, especially if Bellows does, which seems more likely (in terms of readiness for NHL).

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    Wow, sounds like Peterson is projected to be very good. Hope he sticks to the NCAA route. I have to think that seeing Jost and Fabbro going in the first round will be a big boost for higher end Canadian's strongly considering this route (not that there haven't been in the past - Toews, etc, but good to have recent examples).
                    USHR indicated that Peterson hopes to play for the NTDP, which is a good sign for following the NCAA route. My earlier comment about his being a dual citizen is correct, however, he was born in Ontario, not Chicago.

Comment

@THNRyanKennedy: 2017 prospect Cameron Crotty (D) has committed to Boston U.
                      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                        @THNRyanKennedy: 2017 prospect Cameron Crotty (D) has committed to Boston U.
                        6'2" RD from, ironically, Greeley, Ont., and the Brockville Braves.
                        www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=299556
                        2017 class appears to be complete: 3D: Farrance, Kotkansalo, Crotty; 5 F: Bowers,Tkacuk,Amonte,Cockerill, Crone.

More about Crotty
                        Last edited by Rogie21; 11-01-2016, 07:19 AM.

Comment

An inside look at BU’s recruiting operation.

Central Scouting's Nov. draft prospect rankings:
                          A: Bowers
                          B: Oettinger, Farrance, Crotty
                          C: Cockerill, Kotkansalo, Quercia (2018)

Comment

Per the Fan Blog, Crone is third leading scorer in the USHL. That is welcome news. With all the other big names, it seemed he wasn't getting much notice. I was worried that his development had dropped off.

Comment

An inside look at BU’s recruiting operation.

Central Scouting's Nov. draft prospect rankings:
                              A: Bowers
                              B: Oettinger, Farrance, Crotty
                              C: Cockerill, Kotkansalo, Quercia (2018)
                              Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              Per the Fan Blog, Crone is third leading scorer in the USHL. That is welcome news. With all the other big names, it seemed he wasn't getting much notice. I was worried that his development had dropped off.
                              Is Crone not expected to be drafted? Or is he a 2018 draft eligible player?

ETA: He is a '98. Has to be draft eligible next summer.
                              Last edited by Tater; 11-21-2016, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Crone is very good and is the exact type of player BU needs more of. Natural scorer and not another, "should I stay or should I go" types

Comment

Working...
                                X