BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

I was looking at the U-17 Roster to check out the 4 future Terriers, and I couldn't help but notice that Malcolm Gladwell's "Outliers" theory sure seems to be holding true for the 2000 birthyear:

January birthdates: 4 (includes Weiss)
    February: 4 (includes Farabee and Wise)
    March: 1
    April: 1
    May: 3
    June: 2
    July: 2
    August: 3 (includes DeBoer)
    Sept: -
    Oct: -
    Nov: -
    Dec: 1

Note: 1 player has no birthdate listed. But only 1 out of 21 were born in the final 4 months of the year (Trevor Janicke - on Christmas - must be why he is committed to a Jesuit school ). And more than a third were born in the first two months.

I am sure there are rosters our there that don't fit the mold, but this one sure does...
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
      I was looking at the U-17 Roster to check out the 4 future Terriers, and I couldn't help but notice that Malcolm Gladwell's "Outliers" theory sure seems to be holding true for the 2000 birthyear:

January birthdates: 4 (includes Weiss)
      February: 4 (includes Farabee and Wise)
      March: 1
      April: 1
      May: 3
      June: 2
      July: 2
      August: 3 (includes DeBoer)
      Sept: -
      Oct: -
      Nov: -
      Dec: 1

Note: 1 player has no birthdate listed. But only 1 out of 21 were born in the final 4 months of the year (Trevor Janicke - on Christmas - must be why he is committed to a Jesuit school ). And more than a third were born in the first two months.

I am sure there are rosters our there that don't fit the mold, but this one sure does...
      This has more to do with perceived thinking that US NTDP wants kids in their U18 year to be draft eligible. In other words, not Jake Oettinger. September 15 is cutoff.
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

BU adds St. Andrews College 6'1" LD Ryan O'Connell for 2018, joining a recruit class with five forwards, three of whom will play for the NTDP U17s this year and one for the U18s. Details
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          BU adds St. Andrews College 6'1" LD Ryan O'Connell for 2018, joining a recruit class with five forwards, three of whom will play for the NTDP U17s this year and one for the U18s. Details
          holy cow. with all these numbers it may confuse one thinking we have hired steve cedorchuck as our coach
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            holy cow. with all these numbers it may confuse one thinking we have hired steve cedorchuck as our coach
            How many of this year's incoming class do you expect to still be at BU for the 2018-19 season?

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...e-northeastern

2016-17 Hockey East Recruiting Rankings
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                How many of this year's incoming class do you expect to still be at BU for the 2018-19 season?

Sean
                you prepare for what might happen, not always what you expect to happen.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
                  I'd venture a guess at six or seven out of the nine. The variable is Fabbro who has talked about staying three years. Keller's goal appears to be the NHL in 2017. The Islanders have a good group of high-end forward prospects so, right now, there's a good chance Bellows will be on Comm Ave two seasons.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  you prepare for what might happen, not always what you expect to happen.
                  Exactly. Explains the 2018 recruit class with five forwards, four in the NTDP: Wise, Weiss, DeBoer, Cockerill.
                  Last edited by Rogie21; 08-04-2016, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Time to revive this thread.

U17 and U18 teams started last night. For the U18s, David Farrance had 1G and 1A in a 3-2 loss. For the U17s, Tyler Weiss had a couple assists, I don't think the other three forwards put up any points in a 6-3 loss. Both teams play again today against the same teams. Technically this is preseason.

Comment

Wise gets his first, and Tkachuk notches 1g, 1a. So contributions from lots of recruits in the first weekend.

Comment

2017 recruit Ty Amonte started his Junior A season with a bang, scoring twice and adding an assist in Penticton's 4-0 win.

2018 recruit Jake Wise's first NTDP goal was the U17s only score in a 4-1 loss to Muskegon. He centered a line with Jack DeBoer and Joel Farabee, also future Terriers.

Comment

Interviews with 2017 recruits Tkachuk, Cockerill and Farrance in anticipation of their first game at Agganis tomorrow.

Ryan Kennedy ‏@THNRyanKennedy 14h14 hours ago Hearing that D-man Cameron Crotty (2017 draft) is looking at Boston U, Boston College and North Dakota. He was a St. Lawrence commit
                          Crotty, a 6-2, 188, RD from Ontario, made CCHL All-Rookie as a 16 year old with Brockville. Earned a C rating on the new NHL “players to watch list.”

Tomorrow night, BU will likely take a close look at two U18 defensemen who are recent decommits: Josh Maniscalco (from Minnesota) and Phil Kemp (from Brown). Terriers need to add 2-3 more Ds to the 2017 class.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Tomorrow night, BU will likely take a close look at two U18 defensemen who are recent decommits: Josh Maniscalco (from Minnesota) and Phil Kemp (from Brown). Terriers need to add 2-3 more Ds to the 2017 class.
                            I see there is also a "C" forward Randy Hernandez also not committed.

Comment

Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSports 2h2 hours ago
                              Potential 2017 NHL Draft first rounder Shane Bowers (Waterloo) visited BC yesterday and has visited BU previously. Decision expected soon.

“I’ve narrowed it down to four or five schools. I’ve already taken two visits — one official visit so far — and I’m going to take two more official visits. I’m really looking forward to that. It’ll be a lot of fun, I think. It’s an exciting time."
                              http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/...hockey-options

Bowers is a 6'1", 178 lb LC from Nova Scotia. ISS, Future Considerations and HockeyProspect.com all have him ranked in the top 30 for 2017.
                              http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=216102

Comment

Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSports Hearing BU has received a commitment from late '98 LD Kasper Kotkansalo. Playing with Sioux City in USHL. Won Gold Medal w/ Finland at U18s.
                                BayState RoadSports ‏@bsrs_blog 22m22 minutes ago BayState RoadSports Retweeted Jeff Cox
                                Another nice get for Quinn 4-15-19 last year in 48 games for same team that Ahti played for(U20 Blues in Jr A-SM Liga)
                                Kotkansalo is a 6'2" 190 LD playing this season for Sioux Falls (not Sioux City) along with 2018 recruit Matthew Quercia. Had four assists in six games at the World U18s. Has been projected to be a 2nd round pick in the 2017 draft. More tomorrow on The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog.
                                Last edited by Rogie21; 10-13-2016, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X