Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    What's going on with the younger Greenway? I see he is listed as the second d-pair, ahead of Krys. Would love to see him commit to BU.
    Over The Boards ‏@OverTheBoards
    98 D JD Greenway (NTDP) commits to Wisconsin. Huge get on defense for the Badgers, 6'4 Potsdam NY native is an imposing force w/ pro upside

Comment

Dante Fabbro named CJHL defenseman of the year
      Jake Oettinger among the invitees for the Strelow National Goaltending Camp. Also attended last year.
      http://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_ar...rrer_id=666974
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

2017 recruit Ty Amonte will spend next season playing for the BCHL Penticton Vees, the team Dante Fabbro played for the past two years. Amonte scored 70 points for Thayer Academy as a senior and won the Bruins' John Carlton Memorial Award which is presented annually to the top male and female player from an Eastern Mass. high school or junior program “who combines exceptional hockey skills with academic excellence.”

Journalist Neal Boudette, who covers automotive topics for the NY Times, interviewed Clayton Keller and Kieffer Bellows just prior to the NHL combine for The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog. http://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/20...chemistry.html
        Last edited by Rogie21; 06-03-2016, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          2017 recruit Ty Amonte will spend next season playing for the BCHL Penticton Vees, the team Dante Fabbro played for the past two years. Amonte scored 70 points for Thayer Academy as a senior and won the Bruins' John Carlton Memorial Award which is presented annually to the top male and female player from an Eastern Mass. high school or junior program “who combines exceptional hockey skills with academic excellence.”

Journalist Neal Boudette, who covers automotive topics for the NY Times, interviewed Clayton Keller and Kieffer Bellows just prior to the NHL combine for The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog. http://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/20...chemistry.html
          Assuming that Ty graduated from Thayer (the article references that he played 4 years), what does someone in his situation do in terms of academics/education while playing a year of Junior? Nothing? Start on some classes that will lighten his load at BU in 2017?
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Keller media interview at the NHL Combine
            https://amp.twimg.com/v/a2626b3e-112...2-407b1172fa7a

Keller measured 5-10 and just slightly shy of 164 pounds at the Combine. Couple of seasons in the BU S&C facility should get him closer to 180 and ready for the NHL.

Comment

TSN Scouting Director Craig Button's final draft rankings have Keller at #6, Bellows at #13, Fabbro #15 and McAvoy #16. So four of the first 16. http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-matth...tters-1.503562

Comment

First ranking of incoming freshman comes from scout/referee Carl DeLucia:
                Forward: Keller #1, Bellows #3, Harper #18
                Defense: Fabbro #1, Krys #3
                Goalie: Oettinger #1

https://carldelucia.com/2016/04/26/c...ciancaahockey/

Comment

What, Patrick Curry couldn't crack that list!?

Praying Keller makes it here...

Comment

Impressive (to state the obvious). From an "NHL potential", this has to be the best class in the history of BU, if not all of college hockey. Someone listed a Minnesota group that was pretty darn good too, don't remember who was in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      Praying Keller makes it here...
                      Seconded. The mixed signals he sent during the NHL Combine was far from a vote of confidence. This is different than the rumor mongers up north who still claim Eichel is headed to St. John b/c it came from Keller himself.

FWIW someone like Keller, who needs to get stronger, would benefit a lot more from 1-2 years in college than playing a full OHL schedule. I think his final decision may come down to whichever team drafts him; in looking at where many prognosticators project Keller to be drafted, I'd be less concerned if he's drafted by the Habs, Devils or B's, and more concerned if Colorado, Ottawa or Carolina drafts him.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                        Seconded. The mixed signals he sent during the NHL Combine was far from a vote of confidence. This is different than the rumor mongers up north who still claim Eichel is headed to St. John b/c it came from Keller himself.

FWIW someone like Keller, who needs to get stronger, would benefit a lot more from 1-2 years in college than playing a full OHL schedule. I think his final decision may come down to whichever team drafts him; in looking at where many prognosticators project Keller to be drafted, I'd be less concerned if he's drafted by the Habs, Devils or B's, and more concerned if Colorado, Ottawa or Carolina drafts him.
                        I'm a little concerned, just because he is such a high-level talent, but I'm confident that he truly plans on coming to BU, and he is being nice (and wise) by not indicating that another option is not even being considered. This (obviously) isn't a situation where he is jockeying for position in the OHL draft, a la Esposito. The fact that he was trying to talk his buddies into coming to BU bodes well. While he said Logan Brown (who plays for the Spitfires) is his best friend, I'm hoping quantity will outweigh that.

I always come back to: why would someone who has already shown they can average well over a point a game playing against older NCAA competition opt to play against younger competition?

I haven't memorized the draft order, but certainly we've seen some non-NCAA friendly teams (e.g. Toronto) push hard to get players to go a different route.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          I'm a little concerned, just because he is such a high-level talent, but I'm confident that he truly plans on coming to BU, and he is being nice (and wise) by not indicating that another option is not even being considered. This (obviously) isn't a situation where he is jockeying for position in the OHL draft, a la Esposito. The fact that he was trying to talk his buddies into coming to BU bodes well. While he said Logan Brown (who plays for the Spitfires) is his best friend, I'm hoping quantity will outweigh that.

I always come back to: why would someone who has already shown they can average well over a point a game playing against older NCAA competition opt to play against younger competition?

I haven't memorized the draft order, but certainly we've seen some non-NCAA friendly teams (e.g. Toronto) push hard to get players to go a different route.
                          Brown may be his best friend, but how long has he been on the same line as Bellows? When they played at BU this year those two seemed to be in complete sync with one another and their stats bore that out through the rest of their season.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

NeutralZone.net uses algorithms to select the top five incoming freshman classes. BU is #1, followed by North Dakota, Michigan, Northeastern and Miami. Strange, though, no mention of McDermott who is expected to be centering one of the bottom two lines.

https://www.neutralzone.net/2016/06/...-classes-2016/

Comment

That ranking is by his "points" which obviously favors teams with more recruits. The last line has the ranking based on average, with MN at third somehow and UND and UMD not on there so I'm guessing whatever he's doing is not great.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post

What mixed signals? He specifically stated that he was coming to BU no matter who drafts him. You can't be any more un-mixed than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X