Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Or maybe the coaching staff felt they needed to bring him in early based on how well he has developed. or maybe the "word making the rounds" isn't accurate.
    Heard from several sources that Harper for next year is likely. It will be interesting to see if he joins Omaha for its final dozen or so games, now that Avon's season is over. Not long ago, Quinn reportedly indicated the need for another impact forward for next season, so Harper would fill that need. Just a guess for next year:
    Harper-JFK-Andren
    Bellows-Keller-Greenway
    Last edited by Rogie21; 03-12-2016, 01:03 PM.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      Just a guess for next year:
      Harper-JFK-Andren
      Bellows-Keller-Greenway
      Here's another one for thought:

Bellows-Keller-Carpenter
      Greenway-JFK-Harper

With your bottom 6 possibly being:

Andren-Baillargeon-Cloonan
      Phelps-Roberto/McDermott-Olsson

Even though Carpenter has excelled since moving to center, I'd LOVE to see what he might be able to do playing alongside Keller and Bellows. I also think keeping JFK and Greenway together could enable BU to have 2 potent lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post

Bellows-Keller-Carpenter
        Greenway-JFK-Harper

Even though Carpenter has excelled since moving to center, I'd LOVE to see what he might be able to do playing alongside Keller and Bellows. I also think keeping JFK and Greenway together could enable BU to have 2 potent lines.
        You may know more than I, but isn't that a weak assessment of McDermott? Are there higher expectations for him?
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
          You may know more than I, but isn't that a weak assessment of McDermott? Are there higher expectations for him?
          From what I've heard he's projected to be a 4-year player, potential captain material. That same source said he's a "John McCarthy +" -- comparable character/leadership with more skill than McCarthy.

Comment

Bellows-Keller-Carpenter
            Greenway-JFK-Harper

I agree with Carpenter on the top 2 lines - I think he has more upside than Andren. But I still like the Greenway-Keller-Bellows grouping.

Also, I don't know that we want to assume Harper will jump right into a top two line slot. After all, Baillargeon was also a star prep forward, and he hasn't really developed the way we probably were hoping.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Bellows-Keller-Carpenter
              Greenway-JFK-Harper

Sounds very unlikely that JFK will be a terrier next season.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                Which would be a huge mistake on his part.

Comment

I agree with Carpenter on the top 2 lines - I think he has more upside than Andren. But I still like the Greenway-Keller-Bellows grouping.

Also, I don't know that we want to assume Harper will jump right into a top two line slot. After all, Baillargeon was also a star prep forward, and he hasn't really developed the way we probably were hoping.
                  Carpenter is much better at center than a wing.
                  Baillargeon led the team in scoring as a freshman. The mono his sophomore year led to a lost season. He is still not back to where he was as a freshman,offensively.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                    Baillargeon led the team in scoring as a freshman. The mono his sophomore year led to a lost season. He is still not back to where he was as a freshman,offensively.
                    While Carpenter has done better at center--and Quinn has said he always intended to put him there--he's always been a finisher with an accurate shot. Led the USHL with 35 goals a year ago. Putting him on a line with creative playmaker like JFK could prove to be be very productive. A top six forward belongs on the top two lines.
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Here we go again. Where are you hearing these sounds? Why should we believe this coming from a Northeastern fan with 70 posts? Seriously, why do you post stuff like this with nothing to back it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                        He had 27 points that freshman year (I believe). I think the "led the team" aspect inflated our expectations. Is that the lowest total since Ryan Whitney? Further back?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Here we go again. Where are you hearing these sounds? Why should we believe this coming from a Northeastern fan with 70 posts? Seriously, why do you post stuff like this with nothing to back it up?
                          The Bruins tried to get him to sign last summer, they are going to push even harder this summer. The only 2 things I have posted in about Quinn not being long for BU which I believe other people here have also said, and now this. All I am telling you is that he will be gone. You don't need to believe me, I do have this from people i the know.

Comment

The Bruins tried to get him to sign last summer, they are going to push even harder this summer. The only 2 things I have posted in about Quinn not being long for BU which I believe other people here have also said, and now this. All I am telling you is that he will be gone. You don't need to believe me, I do have this from people i the know.
                            Perhaps, but I'm still of the camp that the Bruins would rather let him develop for free in their own backyard than pay him, when he isn't exactly dominating at his current level. I love his game, and he is having a solid freshman season, but he should be a 2 if not 3 year player in my book.

Comment

The Bruins are going to push JFK hard after one year, but didn't successfully/didn't try to get Grzelcyk to sign after any of his first three years?
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

He had 27 points that freshman year (I believe). I think the "led the team" aspect inflated our expectations. Is that the lowest total since Ryan Whitney? Further back?
                                I'd take 25-30 points from him next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X