Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO 2015-16 Season Thread: Frozen Four, New Barn, What Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNO 2015-16 Season Thread: Frozen Four, New Barn, What Next?

Originally posted by Dr. Sauce View Post
    Lord help us if we get hot again.
    You have a good team. Now is the time to get hot.
    "My greatest achievement."
    Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
      Without Red Cows around, this thread has gone as irrelevant as UNO's 2nd half
      He may be looking for other ways of venting frustration.
      UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Well, not a bad weekend. Found a way to put it in the net which was a nice change. This sweep was necessary. Next two series at home...St. Cloud and UND. Wow.
        If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

A very, very needed sweep. This series kind of scared me, considering what happened to Omaha in Kalamazoo, but to see the team come out, grit out a Friday win, and win big on Saturday is just what I wanted to see from them. I hope this gives them some confidence to finish out the year.

Comment

There you go. Now you get SCSU, UND and Denver to finish. Wow. I'd say splits across the board are likely and you probably don't need much more than that to hold your PWR spot. I don't think better than that moves you that much further ahead, but not reason not to pick up some momentum if you can.

I'm fully expecting a hard fought split in the upcoming SCSU series.

Somebody tell Red Cows it's ok to come back out of hiding. This program is good. Just not UND good.

Comment

Man alive...this series comes down to whoever gets outplayed. Man we outplayed SCSU each period. If we play like that tomorrow, I would expect a split.

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
                Man alive...this series comes down to whoever gets outplayed. Man we outplayed SCSU each period. If we play like that tomorrow, I would expect a split.
                That's making up for last year when St. Cloud was in Omaha.
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

No doubt...I believe we got outplayed in St. Cloud earlier this year and got the victory. Lindgren saved the day last night for SCSU that's for sure. Defense did him little favors getting the puck out of the zone.

Comment

No doubt...I believe we got outplayed in St. Cloud earlier this year and got the victory. Lindgren saved the day last night for SCSU that's for sure. Defense did him little favors getting the puck out of the zone.
                    Didn't get to see any of it, was in Green Bay last night, but caught the highlights. Hoping to watch the condensed version at some point.

What are the odds that UNO misses the dance?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

If they split the rest of the way...I'd say they are in. Get swept twice, they're out I think.

You'll have to let me know what you thought of the game after watching the replay.
                      Last edited by gomavs#1; 02-21-2016, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Watched the NCHC.tv feed tonight. Enjoyed your announcers. Very knowledgeable while being supportive of their team. Your guys didn't give up. Great effort. Best of luck next weekend against UND.

Comment

That was a good series....UNO didn't get some bounces to go there way, but the effort was there. SDSU played well tonight, much better than last night. Getting swept in either series in the next two weeks will put us behind the eight ball in a major way.

Looks like ever since Red cows made the bold statement that we were on par with North Dakota as far as overall programs is concerned, we have been on a serious slide. Kiss of death.

Comment

That was a good series....UNO didn't get some bounces to go there way, but the effort was there. SDSU played well tonight, much better than last night. Getting swept in either series in the next two weeks will put us behind the eight ball in a major way.

Looks like ever since Red cows made the bold statement that we were on par with North Dakota as far as overall programs is concerned, we have been on a serious slide. Kiss of death.
                            Hopefully SCSU will continue to find a better way to go their way.

Easy on Red Cows. He has a soft spot for St. Cloud and should know that our program is overall on par with any program playing for the Penrose.

Comment

So I have a decent sense for what Omaha has to do, statistically, to be in good shape to make the NCAA's. I know what the projected likelihood of the remaining scenarios are to get them in (given their current outlook the odds seem slightly in their favor). However, I'm curious what the perception outside of the Omaha fanbase is of their chances to make the field of 16. So for those who care to respond, I want to take a straw poll of the Mavs' outlook the rest of the way. Share as much or as little about your prediction as you'd like. (in/out or they'll split/sweep/get sweep in each of known remaining series etc.) Thanks to all who weigh in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Sauce View Post
                                So I have a decent sense for what Omaha has to do, statistically, to be in good shape to make the NCAA's. I know what the projected likelihood of the remaining scenarios are to get them in (given their current outlook the odds seem slightly in their favor). However, I'm curious what the perception outside of the Omaha fanbase is of their chances to make the field of 16. So for those who care to respond, I want to take a straw poll of the Mavs' outlook the rest of the way. Share as much or as little about your prediction as you'd like. (in/out or they'll split/sweep/get sweep in each of known remaining series etc.) Thanks to all who weigh in.
                                I predict Red Cows will hunt you down and shank you for calling them "Omaha."

Comment

Working...
                                X