PDA

View Full Version : UNO 2015-16 Season Thread: Frozen Four, New Barn, What Next?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

gomavs#1
03-05-2016, 10:51 PM
I honestly like where we are going this season. Haven't got a lot of puck luck lately, bounces just haven't gone our way. Feeling really confident heading into next week's opening playoff round. We just need to sweep Denver, win at Minneapolis and we are in the NCAAs. Pretty simple formula. We got this.

SCSU Euro
03-06-2016, 12:45 AM
If you used your twitter account you could figure this out pretty easily.

I even lowered myself to try that, and must have checked the wrong one cuz I found nada

5thYearFreshman
03-07-2016, 09:43 AM
At UNO, Dean Blais's March record is 10-24-1 (.294). UNO hasn't advanced to the 2nd round of the conference playoffs since their CCHA days. Why should I think that the season isn't over next week?

Denver will sweep UNO next weekend 3-1 Friday, 6-2 Saturday

SCSU Euro
03-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Why was Brady out Saturday and will he be back in the lineup this weekend?

SCSU BlackandRed
03-08-2016, 07:18 PM
At UNO, Dean Blais's March record is 10-24-1 (.294). UNO hasn't advanced to the 2nd round of the conference playoffs since their CCHA days. Why should I think that the season isn't over next week?

Denver will sweep UNO next weekend 3-1 Friday, 6-2 Saturday

Not sure how I can argue with this. You guys are in a bad way right now. Finishing strong doesn't appear to be in the DNA. But you never know, anything can happen in the playoffs. But get the golf clubs ready.

SCSU Euro
03-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Not sure how I can argue with this. You guys are in a bad way right now. Finishing strong doesn't appear to be in the DNA. But you never know, anything can happen in the playoffs. But get the golf clubs ready.

After getting swept by us last year, I don't think many people were expecting them to make the Frozen Four.

Anybody know anything about Brady?

SCSU BlackandRed
03-08-2016, 08:15 PM
After getting swept by us last year, I don't think many people were expecting them to make the Frozen Four.

Pretty advantageous road last year, don't you think? Do you see them getting past Denver at this point? I'm not seeing it and that's their only chance of making the big tournament.

SCSU Euro
03-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Pretty advantageous road last year, don't you think? Do you see them getting past Denver at this point? I'm not seeing it and that's their only chance of making the big tournament.

For sure, and I've said that quite a bit. Just saying that a lot of things don't seem in the sports DNA until they happen. Who had the Lakers beating Golden State the other night?

cetihcra
03-08-2016, 08:20 PM

Jim Dahl's analysis seems to imply that UNO will likely make the tourney with one win this weekend.
http://collegehockeyranked.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/uno.png

For whatever that's worth. DU is due for an off night, they've been lights outs since the calendar turned.

r

SCSU Euro
03-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Jim Dahl's analysis seems to imply that UNO will likely make the tourney with one win this weekend.

For whatever that's worth. DU is due for an off night, they've been lights outs since the calendar turned.

r

What is that... to finish how high in the PWR? It can't be to get in the field, bc the only teams that are 100% guaranteed to make the tourney as at larges are in the top ten in the PWR just in case Cinderellas win all the tourneys.

Biddco
03-08-2016, 08:45 PM

r

That post is from March 4th and is talking about last weekends games and not the upcoming playoff weekends.

5thYearFreshman
03-09-2016, 10:10 AM

Haven't heard anything about Brady, but I don't get much up here in St. Cloud

5thYearFreshman
03-09-2016, 10:12 AM

RIT was an advantageous draw in the Regional Final, but Harvard was a pretty good hockey team.

5thYearFreshman
03-09-2016, 10:14 AM

r

I think UNO has to be 500 or better in the next 2 weekends. That includes sweeping Denver or winning one in Minneapolis if the DU series goes to 3

SCSU Euro
03-09-2016, 10:18 AM
RIT was an advantageous draw in the Regional Final, but Harvard was a pretty good hockey team.

They may have been a good hockey team, but almost all the teams in the tourney are pretty good teams, and I thought there were a lot of teams that would have been worse draws for UNO.

I appreciate the response on Brady and if anybody hears anything this week, I'd really appreciate any word/status update.

SCSU BlackandRed
03-09-2016, 12:30 PM

True. Not taking anything away from you beating Harvard. Just saying EVERY team that made a Regional Final would have wanted RIT vs. who they actually faced.

And completely ok with you guys taking out Denver this weekend. They need to be cooled down a bit. Tough task the way they've been playing though.

5thYearFreshman
03-11-2016, 09:23 AM
I appreciate the response on Brady and if anybody hears anything this week, I'd really appreciate any word/status update.

On Mavpuck, someone said that he was a healthy scratch Saturday.

5thYearFreshman
03-11-2016, 09:25 AM
True. Not taking anything away from you beating Harvard. Just saying EVERY team that made a Regional Final would have wanted RIT vs. who they actually faced.

And completely ok with you guys taking out Denver this weekend. They need to be cooled down a bit. Tough task the way they've been playing though.

Yes, they would have wanted RIT. But the regional draw also included the #1 overall seed. Had Mankato not ****ed it down their leg, UNO-Mankato would have been a tougher matchup, but that is how single elimination playoffs work.

5thYearFreshman
03-11-2016, 09:28 AM
They may have been a good hockey team, but almost all the teams in the tourney are pretty good teams, and I thought there were a lot of teams that would have been worse draws for UNO.

From a bracket integrity standpoint, the bracket was perfectly matched. 1-16, 8-9. Can't help that Mankato tripped on their own johnsons.

Someone brought up on the other UNO board how much different this season and Blais' future would look had they lost to Harvard in the 1st round last year. No NCAA tourney wins, no appearances in the Frozen Faceoff, Final Five or Super Six in 7 seasons. The Frozen Four appearance and the new arena are all that UNO has to show for the Blais era so far. Take out the F4 and you're left with no true accomplishment over what Mike Kemp did.

SCSU Euro
03-11-2016, 11:18 AM
On Mavpuck, someone said that he was a healthy scratch Saturday.

Any word if he is playing this weekend?