This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 95th Season of Hockey- Michigan Tech Huskies 2015-2016 - Thread #1

I'll bet there is a big Tech turnout for the BGSU games.
    Last edited by manurespreader; 01-16-2016, 08:49 PM.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I'll take the win, but didn't care for the play in the 3rd period. MSU continued to carry the puck too easily into the Tech zone and Tech seemed content to just get the red line and dump it in. I understand they were playing with the lead, but the dump with no chase is just giving a good team like MSU too much time with the puck. Never the less Tech is up to second in theory and can put themselves into a legit 2nd place with four points next weekend since BGSU still has two games in hand over Tech.
      Ryan J
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Agreed but.... we can better. We took our foot off the gas in the third, especially at the beginning and tried mightily to give the game away. Petan and Gould have been head and shoulders better lately and it really has been amazing to watch. And Phillips has upped his game significantly.
        I wish we had won more face-offs.
        Faceoffs are definitely a sore spot overall for us, and have been as long as I've followed Tech, which is admittedly only 10 seasons now. I'm not sure that we took our foot off the gas in the first half of the third as much as MNSU was really just pushing the play, either way that was the flattest part of our game and we need to not let it happen.
        Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
        Which is what we've been saying all season long. Hopefully they proved to themselves this is way to play for 60+ minutes each game.
        I knew this team had more talent and skill than they had shown overall this season as there were flashes of it at times but nothing ever sustained, this weekend is the best 125 minutes of hockey we have played all year so hopefully they can sustain it for the rest of the season.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Great to see Petan have a big weekend after getting shutout in both tournaments. Getting him rolling will be huge going forward.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Great to see Petan have a big weekend after getting shutout in both tournaments. Getting him rolling will be huge going forward.
            This was exactly my thinking. The upperclassmen have to get going if we're going to make a run, and this weekend was a good start.

Comment

That's F'ed up. We tie yesterday, move up three spots in the Pairwise. Win tonight and we don't move, but two other teams win and pass us in the Pairwise, but didn't play teams as high up in the Pairwise as we did.

Makes no sense (to me) that Dartmouth and Holy Cross jump us by beating St. Lawrence and Robert Morris.

Comment

That's F'ed up. We tie yesterday, move up three spots in the Pairwise. Win tonight and we don't move, but two other teams win and pass us in the Pairwise, but didn't play teams as high up in the Pairwise as we did.

Makes no sense (to me) that Dartmouth and Holy Cross jump us by beating St. Lawrence and Robert Morris.
                Remember that Pairwise is cumulative. It's likely aggregating other wins from earlier in the year into tonight's calculations.

Just Win, Baby™

Comment

It is good to see we are competing for league championships! Keep spoiling us Huskies. We have been through many lean years.

Sincerely, Your Fans
                  MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                  2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

I was told there would be no math...
                    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

dartmouth win makes sense since they've played so few games...more than likely Dartmouth falls behind MTU eventually if the Huskies keep winning. If Bemidji closes out ASU that will help, and the bgsu loss hurt a lot.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

BTW Petan probably off side on one of those goals. Just barely but appears off by an inch or so.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Gotta say, I would rather be playing Bowling Green next weekend, with our momentum from the last couple of weekends and BGSU's losses to LSSU and Miami. Have to make sure we stay focused during the bye week.

Comment

Tech up to t21 now...

Comment

#26 Union = True, again......for now

Comment

This is just awful.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X