• Re: 95th Season of Hockey- Michigan Tech Huskies 2015-2016 - Thread #1

Jamie's not that bad.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Well the Rose Bowl was a dud except for the half-time show by the Stanford band, Tech's more well known Copy Cat to the West. If you believe the Internet, there has never been a greater tragedy in the history of mankind than Stanford's 2016 Rose Bowl halftime show. However, if you were a member of the Huskies Pep Band, or if you've ever seen one of their halftime shows, then you would say "Well done," to Stanford, "Another awesome show who entertained everyone... except those that just can't take a joke."

Since Stanford played Iowa, their show titled "Farmers Only" included formations of a corn maze, a giant cow getting tipped over, a sad farmer head and of course the FarmerOnly.com jingle.

Ryan J

PS If you've never seen Stanford's band, and you don't have access to the Internet (how did you get here?) they are a "scatter band" similar to the Huskies, Harvard and others. Every time Standford's band gets on TV during a bowl game, millions, er scratch that, dozens of people blow up the Internet because a bunch of college students actually had fun during half time trying their best to entertain the fans.
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

https://twitter.com/OverTheBoards/st...28421506727937
        Last edited by eye4talent; 01-02-2016, 11:51 AM.
        "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

What's up with Boeing? Lack of playing time?
          Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Confirmed he has left Tech, sad...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

If you remember Brown he'd pull at all kinds of times.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                If you remember Brown he'd pull at all kinds of times.
                I do and I thought he was good. Just seems interesting to me that it is getting earlier and earlier, and the research done on the best time to pull. Seem like most coaches ignored it pretty much, but now maybe they will re evaluate.
                Sorry to hear about Boeing. I thought the game he played vs MSU was better than the ones I had seen him in earlier in the year.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Chris Gerrie is not listed as committed on the BCHL website. Oversight or decommit?

Comment

Didn't notice it on here but Winner Winner chicken dinner for John Scott

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads

Comment

I'm guessing Boeing got to Tech and either didn't like his playing time, or realized it wasn't a fit after all. If it's the latter, I can sort of understand that. I considered leaving Tech after my freshman year, though obviously I ended up staying and I am glad I did.

Comment

• According to Elite Prospects Boeing is back with Dubuque. Probably tough for these guys that are used to playing all the time to sit. Fortunately he is young enough to go back to juniors. Not sure it's the right move.

Comment

But you'd think a freshman knows they wont play all the time being a freshman. Here is the Dubuque Fighting Saints press release.

Wasn't he in the 1st game of the GLI? Seeing this is at break, could it be grades related?

Fighting Saints Add Brett Boeing to Active Roster
                          http://www.dubuquefightingsaints.com...rer_id=1412130

Boeing added 28 goals last season for the Saints.

DUBUQUE, Iowa – Jason Lammers, head coach and general manager of the Dubuque Fighting Saints, has confirmed the addition of forward Brett Boeing to the active roster effective immediately.

“The value of having [Boeing] here is that he is a guy that has experienced the league,” Lammers said. “He has been a Dubuque Fighting Saint. He is a Dubuque Fighting Saint. We’re excited to have him.”

Boeing played two seasons for the Fighting Saints, posting 74 points in 112 USHL games. The 20-year-old forward proved to be a reliable offensive option last season, finishing with 48 points. He emerged as a standout player from the prestigious Shattuck St. Mary’s prep program that churned out NHL All-Stars such as Sidney Crosby and Jonathan Toews.

“Natural goal scorers are hard to find. It’s good to have him here,” Lammers added. “He is going to be a very positive influence in the room.”

The Saints originally drafted Boeing in the ninth round of the USHL Entry Draft in 2013.

As part of the roster move, Colin Theisen has been moved to the Fighting Saints affiliate list. He will report to the Coulee Region Chill (NAHL).

Comment

Because there's a Tech mention, Brad Schlossman from the Grand Forks Herald quoted Suzanne Sanregret in his article so I thought I'd post it here.

College hockey’s large-budget and small-budget schools continue to butt heads
                            http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...-continue-butt

With the NCAA allowing schools to offer full cost of attendance scholarships -- aid that covers expenses outside of tuition, books and housing -- the divide appears to be getting larger between the large schools and small schools in college hockey.

All six Big Ten programs are offering full cost of attendance scholarship and seven of eight NCHC have announced their plans to do the same, while most WCHA schools will not.

"I certainly hope we don't get into a situation where $1,000 or $2,000 will make or break why you are choosing an institution," said Michigan Tech athletic director Suzanne Sanregret, whose school offers the stipends. "We think Michigan Tech hockey can stand on its own. But it always helps when you can increase financial support."

Comment

• Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                              But you'd think a freshman knows they wont play all the time being a freshman. Here is the Dubuque Fighting Saints press release.

Wasn't he in the 1st game of the GLI? Seeing this is at break, could it be grades related?

Fighting Saints Add Brett Boeing to Active Roster
                              http://www.dubuquefightingsaints.com...rer_id=1412130
                              I'm wondering if by not attending the 2nd semester of school can he start at a new school at the beginning of next season?

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                                I'm wondering if by not attending the 2nd semester of school can he start at a new school at the beginning of next season?
                                The NCAA has a generic tool online. I seem to remember that going back to juniors, if eligible, lets you sit out the one year without actually being enrolled somewhere, essentially turning you into a free-agent that is minus one year of eligibility. Looks like davyd83 and Shirtless Guy addressed this three seasons ago with Jimmy Davis (possibly) and Reid Ellington from NMU (happened).

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X