X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 95th Season of Hockey- Michigan Tech Huskies 2015-2016 - Thread #1

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
    True, but still sucks when it happens.
    Especially swept at home with 3rd period leads both nights. Pathetic from a team with this level of talent.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      Especially swept at home with 3rd period leads both nights. Pathetic from a team with this level of talent.
      Definitely, i think this weekend may be a turning point, in the wrong direction, especially considering we may have just given up any opportunity at the MacNaughton already.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Definitely, i think this weekend may be a turning point, in the wrong direction, especially considering we may have just given up any opportunity at the MacNaughton already.
        Oh, we almost certainly just blew any shot at Mr. MacNaughton's trophy. Not without running the table, anyway.

Comment

Maybe it's time to put the boys in motel rooms the nights before home games. They need to get into the road mentality even in Hoton.

Comment

It was simple this weekend, Tech got out worked. UAA played a in your face style and took away time and space. Their forechecking was impressive,
            I am not readybtomabandon ship, but must get back to the hard work required to win at this level.
            Boeing, Heinonen, and Petan were great tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
              I am not readybtomabandon ship, but must get back to the hard work required to win at this level.
              Boeing, Heinonen, and Petan were great tonight.
              This

The majority of the team just wasn't "in it" this weekend. Perhaps it was the travel, but there are no excuses anymore. Not sure if there is a leadership issue or what, but they need to regroup for LSSU next weekend, and must sweep.

Comment

I assumed Kero as he had traveled, Wintjes played well tonight, be careful fans I constantly was defending Tech against arrogant opposing fans giving Tech no respect, on this board for years,.
                We lost 2 games that would have put us back in first alone, it hurts, but credit to UAA, they played like I wished we had with urgency.
                They have a great coach as well, I hope they have Mankato and Bowling Green on the schedule ahead as well and help us out.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                  I assumed Kero as he had traveled, Wintjes played well tonight, be careful fans I constantly was defending Tech against arrogant opposing fans giving Tech no respect, on this board for years,.
                  We lost 2 games that would have put us back in first alone, it hurts, but credit to UAA, they played like I wished we had with urgency.
                  They have a great coach as well, I hope they have Mankato and Bowling Green on the schedule ahead as well and help us out.
                  I'm not putting down MTU for losing to UAA because they're bad...I'm mad because they had a 3rd period lead both nights at home...to get no points under those circumstances is pathetic.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'm mad because they had a 3rd period lead both nights at home...to get no points under those circumstances is pathetic.

To lose almost the same way both nights is just...ugh.

Comment

I agree you have to be able to close out leads and we didn't. We just had so much trouble with the forecheck. It's very reminiscent of what Providence does, bringing the strong side defenseman down and basically daring you to break out cleanly. We have had problems with this in the past as well. But on the winning goal not only did they pick the pocket of the defenseman but there was a guy alone in front after he did, which he used as a screen. So our guys again, left too early.
                      I didn't like the goal they got on what looked like no screen and no one in front and it goes in. We just keep finding way to shoot ourselves in the foot. I wonder if Anchorage is so good, how'd they lose to mankato so bad.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Some of my notes from this morning's show with Mel:
                        We didn't play poorly, just weren't really sharp
                        Did have some bad turnovers, but also didn't get much puck luck
                        Could never get the separation we needed when up 2-1

One question was is Joe S. was still with the team - of course, but he did some USHL recruiting during AK trip, and BCHL recruiting this past weekend

Mel said he'll have every player to choose from for the LSSU series - I took that as Steman being available.

Will discuss recruits/NLIs next week, did get back all NLIs that were sent out

Comment

I'm not putting down MTU for losing to UAA because they're bad...I'm mad because they had a 3rd period lead both nights at home...to get no points under those circumstances is pathetic.
                          Yep.

At home, in a race where 1 point will matter, and we got nothing to show for 2-1 2nd intermission leads. Our opponent doesn't matter in this situation- we need those 4 points.

Kudos to UAA. They played their butts off.

Comment

Well I did some research last night to see where we really are because the schedule is so skewed. So I took the schedules of all the top 6 teams in the WCHA and took a guess as to how they would do. So assuming we sweep all 4 against Lake st, and split the games vs the good teams including NMU, we ended this with 36 points. Mankato had 40 with the same assumptions, NMu had 34, UAA 33, BG 38 and Ferris 32.
                            Certainly the wild card in all this is Lake st. they have games vs all the top teams and so how they do will have a big effect on the standings. BG has to go to Alaska which is an issue as they play the week after back in ohio, but I think they play Huntsville then. Anyway, it's going to be tight.
                            Also, in non con play, we have to beat Michigan State or we will lose that comparison, and beating Michigan and Yale will go a long way to getting us where we want to be. I'm still crossing my fingers, I think we will be better going forward and I'm hoping we get more out of our freshmen and sophomores.
                            Last edited by manurespreader; 12-08-2015, 09:02 AM.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

It sucks to lose some of these games to teams we think we should be beating. However, Tech still has a good shot at staying near the top. They still have two games each against MSU and BGSU on the schedule. If you want to be champs, then Tech needs to win those games, all of them. If we lose those games, then it is unlikely MSU and/or BGSU will lose enough other games to pass them. Head to head is where you can make up ground (or lose it) real quick. Those two series are adjacent on the schedule, but there is a week off after playing MSU before they head to BGSU. By Jan 31st we'll know if Tech still has a chance for the Mac Cup or if they will simply be trying to battle for home ice down the stretch.
                              Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Quiet week after a sweep. I've posted recruits GP and point totals. Demico Hannoun is still committed correct? He doesn't' have a C next to his name like the other BCHL commits on the stats page, and Heisenberg doesn't list him. But I see Chris Heisenberg is missing quite a few of our recruits.

Code:
                                Player			GP	G	A	Points	Pts/game
                                Jake Kauppila-LW	30	7	13	20	0.67
                                Angus Redmond-G 	23	2.75	0.908		
                                Mitch Reinke-RD 	21	2	7	9	0.43
                                Cooper Watson-D 	20	0	1	1	0.05
                                Demico Hannoun-RC	26	11	7	18	0.69
                                Travis Brown-RD 	21	5	5	10	0.48
                                Chris Gerrie-LC		29	9	13	22	0.76
                                Jake Gingell-D		22	0	2	2	0.09
                                Tristan Rostagno-LD	13	2	3	5	0.38
                                Mitch Newsome-RW	28	3	7	10	0.36