X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 95th Season of Hockey- Michigan Tech Huskies 2015-2016 - Thread #1

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    It will happen now that reddit and yahoo are all over it. My central division vote went to Kero, so maybe Scott can pull ahead of Kane, but not likely.

I think some people will be surprised at how well Scott will do in a skills competition. He has a powerful slapshot and his hands really aren't bad. I saw him on breakaways at Tech and he buried both that I saw, and it wasn't one that bounced off a skate or dribbled through five hole it was a clean beat. He can put pucks in the net. He won the slapshot competition at tech with a triple digit shot. Not bad.

I hope he doesn't go to the AHL and not end up at the All Star game.
    Maybe that is how the NHL will stop this, force Arizona to send him down...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      Maybe that is how the NHL will stop this, force Arizona to send him down...
      I think he was on waivers a week ago or something. He's only seen 10 minutes of ice this year. I think he's AHL bound. If I were an NHL GM I'd grab him just to get him to the game.

Edit--> I just wondered where Ron Rolston was. He's the head coach of the Coyotes AHL affiliate. I guess that's why Scott ended up in Phoenix. #TechMafia
      Last edited by Broseph Stalin; 12-02-2015, 02:54 PM.

Comment

If he cleared waivers and was not claimed, the Coyotes need to either assign him to the Springfield Falcons quickly, or they need to soon put him on waivers again to send him down. If they dilly-dally, there is a time limit from clearing to being assigned.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Browsing the Div. 1 attendance page and saw this:

(team) (games) (Total) (avg) (capacity) (% of cap.)
          Michigan Tech 20 68,618 3,431 4 76822.7

Really? your rink holds 4 people???
          Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

So, interesting to not see MTU release a NLI article yet...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              I really want this to happen. The NHL All-Star balloting is absurd anyway, so why not give it to someone like John Scott.
              Just the fact that you can sit there and keep voting 10 times in a row makes a farce of the process.... but I did it anyway. Vote early, vote often! :-)

After he finally hangs up the skates, I'll vote Scott for NHL Director of Supplemental Discipline. - Forget Shanny's multi-game suspensions where players just sit in the stands. Give them a penalty that will really deter these type of infractions. You high stick someone, you get 5 minutes with Scott. You cross check with intent to injure, you get 10 minutes with Scott. You injure another player that results in missed playing time for them, you get a steel cage match with Scott (on the ice). John will have sore hands for the first couple months, but the league will clean up quickly.

Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                Just the fact that you can sit there and keep voting 10 times in a row makes a farce of the process.... but I did it anyway. Vote early, vote often! :-)

After he finally hangs up the skates, I'll vote Scott for NHL Director of Supplemental Discipline. - Forget Shanny's multi-game suspensions where players just sit in the stands. Give them a penalty that will really deter these type of infractions. You high stick someone, you get 5 minutes with Scott. You cross check with intent to injure, you get 10 minutes with Scott. You injure another player that results in missed playing time for them, you get a steel cage match with Scott (on the ice). John will have sore hands for the first couple months, but the league will clean up quickly.

Ryan J
                every all-star type voting process has been like that in my experience, I think MLB was 20 per day per email address.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Ryan J
                  First: death cage match for Scott and Bettman.

Second: JohnsonsJerseys for commissioner.

Third: What you said.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    First: death cage match for Scott and Bettman
                    Phase One: It wouldn't even be a one-punch fight. The second Scott grabs him by his over starched collar, Bettman would go down in a heap. Then grab his shorts.
                    Phase Two: ?
                    Phase Three: Profit.
                    South Park Simple.
                    Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Looking forward to the games. It's interesting that we're the team traveling from AK and UAA has already been in the continental 48 for awhile.

Here's the Anchorage news article on the weekend. They sound banged up.
                      http://www.adn.com/article/20151203/...-michigan-tech

Comment

Wow, I was thinking we need 2 point not 1, but in the end we got 0. Didn't see that coming and it hurts.

Mel's postgame with Dirk:
                        they played a great road game, good goaltending
                        we were a little off tonight, good 2nd
                        We had a lot of chances in 2nd, some in third, could feel we let them hang around
                        We have to limit mistakes, and recover from them
                        We didn't have a brutal game, just a little off
                        They played a simple game and capitalized on our mistakes, a few of our mistakes led to 2 of their goals
                        Told team there will be changes tomorrow, sensed some guys didn't have the legs

Comment

Seriously, ***?
                          2005-2006: 7-25-6
                          2006-2007: 18-17-5
                          2007-2008: 14-20-5
                          2008-2009: 6-25-7
                          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Expect Steman, Vallis, Jackson, and Boeing tomorrow.

Comment

Can't play well for only 20 minutes and expect to win. Let a team hang around like that and this is the result. Need a full 60 minute effort tomorrow or we could be in third place, plus giving up games in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                                Expect Steman, Vallis, Jackson, and Boeing tomorrow.
                                Steman? That would be unreal! Is he really ready to go?

I honestly think Steman will bring a little nudge to the team to get them to close out games like tonight... After last season, Steman became my favorite player.

And it is time for Jackson to settle in and start making a difference.
                                Last edited by Pure Mel; 12-04-2015, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X