X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 95th Season of Hockey- Michigan Tech Huskies 2015-2016 - Thread #1

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    I think that there will be two teams. Even in a down year, this isn't a one-bid league.

GFM
    I'm with you...yes the WCHA has sucked against NCHC, but beyond that, they have done well in non-conference and what will really be interesting is how the conference shakes out.

Granted it is way too early but right now the WCHA has no one in the top 16 but 4 of the first 5 out of the tournament with
    17 MTU
    18 FSU
    19 UAA
    21 MSUM

BGSU is down at 25, NMU at 30

Those NCs going forward will be very important.
    Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 11-09-2015, 01:24 PM.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I am still waiting to see Tech play a full game up to what I believe should be their potential. Friday night's first period after the first UAH goal had me thinking that might be the game, but then we barely hung on to win. Saturday night was another almost loss. Granted that's still four pts in the standings, but unless Ferris and UAH are home ice teams this year, Tech still has a way to go.
      Ryan J
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        I am still waiting to see Tech play a full game up to what I believe should be their potential. Friday night's first period after the first UAH goal had me thinking that might be the game, but then we barely hung on to win. Saturday night was another almost loss. Granted that's still four pts in the standings, but unless Ferris and UAH are home ice teams this year, Tech still has a way to go.
        Ryan J
        They certainly do but they were able to get points. I do have a feeling that FSU is going to have home ice though...I was talking to bigblue about this. If you accept the fact that FSU is good enough to be fighting to win this league at the end (a split with MSU and two with MTU says that), then you can accept the start they've had with one loss to a rival. They certainly haven't played their best but if FSU is that good, they haven't really thrown away points outside of a rivalry that is hard to predict no matter how good either team is...
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          Ryan J
          You didn't get our best games. I feel like those were two of the three worst games we played this year (the third was the stinker of an opener against UConn).

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            You didn't get our best games. I feel like those were two of the three worst games we played this year (the third was the stinker of an opener against UConn).

GFM
            Well to disagree a bit... Your first line is quite good Geoff, and the second is ok, but the other two are pretty slow and can't keep up with another teams top lines. So you ended up double shifting the top line a lot and they got tired.

I Agree that Ferris has a real good chance at home ice.. they have a real easy schedule at the end of the year if I remember correctly. The toughest games are almost over with. Having said that, they haven't been on the road much. I like our guys, but you have to be really focussed and I'm not seeing it so far, though it has gotten better, and the talent is really there. This weekend is BIG.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              Well to disagree a bit... Your first line is quite good Geoff, and the second is ok, but the other two are pretty slow and can't keep up with another teams top lines. So you ended up double shifting the top line a lot and they got tired.
              Saulnier-McHugh-Brears wasn't good on Friday. They were looking good on Saturday, and then Brears got tossed and they lost all flow. Chad's not a huge goal scorer, but he rounds out that line in the way that no one else on the team can.

And yeah, that second line is gonna be good but hasn't been putting them in. It's Houcher/Prince - Dunn - Poulsen, and that combination is just 2-4—6 so far, well below the top line's 11-14—25. I can't believe that Dunn doesn't have a point yet. That line needed to score on Saturday after Brears was out, but ... well, that's three freshmen and a senior with really slow feet.

What worries me is that UAH has such a front-loaded home schedule and, by the time that they've turned 1.5 lines into three of them — which never happened last year, because the talent wasn't there and mature yet — the boys will be on the road all of the time.

One of those two bottom lines will figure it out. Shoot, the Bulldog line was useful last year merely to soak up the other team's top line's time. Right, Mel?

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Anybody know if they have set the start time for the Saturday MSU game?

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
                  I haven't seen one yet, both Tech and MSU have it as TBA, Stubhub shows 4:05, but I trust the universities' websites more.

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
                    You won't see an official start time until the Big Ten announces a game time for MSU-Ohio State that same day. Hockey is waiting to announce so that they aren't directly up against that game. If the football game is at noon, expect a 4:05. If the football game is at 3:30, the puck drops at 7:05. The networks get a couple times where they can wait on announcing kickoffs until 7 days out, and this is one of those weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                      You won't see an official start time until the Big Ten announces a game time for MSU-Ohio State that same day. Hockey is waiting to announce so that they aren't directly up against that game. If the football game is at noon, expect a 4:05. If the football game is at 3:30, the puck drops at 7:05. The networks get a couple times where they can wait on announcing kickoffs until 7 days out, and this is one of those weeks.
                      hey, I need an address for your jersey?

Comment

So NLIs are out for signatures right now and many USHL teams tweeted out their players signing...I know some of our better USHL players have already signed their letters:
                        Mitch Reinke and Cooper Watson
                        But I'm pretty sure quite a few of the other guys:
                        Keegan Ford, Jake Gingell, Carver Watson are going to sign and yet I can't find any tweets about them...disappointing.

Not sure the canadian junior teams (Jagger Williamson, Gavin Gould, Tommy Beretta) do that sort of thing.

Also possible that Tristan Rostagno signs, would expect an NAHL team to promote that...

Comment

Not sure about the NCAA rules, but Carver Watson and Williamson are '98s, so I don't think they could sign an NLI until next year.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Not sure about the NCAA rules, but Carver Watson and Williamson are '98s, so I don't think they could sign an NLI until next year.
                            Hmm, Mitch Newsome is a '97 and signed last year so I don't know about that?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              May '98 Max Johnson signed his NLI with BGSU yesterday.
                              Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Must be that you can sign once you are a senior then.

Comment

Working...
                                X