This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 95th Season of Hockey- Michigan Tech Huskies 2015-2016 - Thread #1

I decided that since I can't go to the BG games, I'd substitute the Huntsville ones. Anyone interested in a ride from Nashville down let me know.
    As far as the team, it's so easy to go hard with the puck and it's so hard to back check and cover that 4th guy who is kind of lagging the play anyway. The young guys love the offense, but it's the defense that wins games.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

For anyone who caught Saturday's game, how did the Ferris State goalie (Smith) play? From the recaps it reads like Tech played a solid game; was Smith a major factor?

I remember thinking he looked composed and confident when he relieved Williams the first game in Big Rapids. And if memory serves me correctly he's an underclassman.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        I decided that since I can't go to the BG games, I'd substitute the Huntsville ones. Anyone interested in a ride from Nashville down let me know.
        As far as the team, it's so easy to go hard with the puck and it's so hard to back check and cover that 4th guy who is kind of lagging the play anyway. The young guys love the offense, but it's the defense that wins games.
        I'm happy to meet up with you and any other Tech fans while you're here, say at lunch on Saturday.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

not a good statistic for the WCHA.

https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/sta...27802361208832
          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
            Mankato's horrible start to the season really hurt the Conference...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              I'm happy to meet up with you and any other Tech fans while you're here, say at lunch on Saturday.

GFM
              Would you be interested in some Golf?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Mankato's horrible start to the season really hurt the Conference...
                includes Big 10 too. haven't sat down to figure out WCHA only matchups.
                "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                  includes Big 10 too. haven't sat down to figure out WCHA only matchups.
                  WCHA is as follows:
                  3-0-1 AHA
                  4-2-3 B1G
                  1-1-0 Independents (ASU)
                  2-0-0 ECAC
                  1-1-0 Hockey East
                  1-10-2 NCHC
                  12-14-6 Overall

(B1G is 0-6-0 vs NCHC)

http://www.uscho.com/stats/interconf...men/2015-2016/
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Would you be interested in some Golf?
                    I don't hate myself enough to play golf.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Ok, send out the memo - Everyone schedules Colorado College for NC games next season...
                      Ryan J
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Anyone else who is going to Phoenix for the games actually get their ticket? Because I have not.

Comment

KKKKKEEEEEEERRRRROOOOOO! on the ice for the Blackhawks, looking great in red tonight. First shift on the ice causes a turnover that leads to the first Chicago goal! The game is on NBCSN if you get that channel. The announcers can't stop talking about Parayko out of Alaska last season and all he did was cough up the puck that leads to the second 'Hawks goal. Pierre better have at least a half dozen factoids for the former WCHA player of the year from Michigan Tech. And to wrap up the game, confirmation that NHL overtime is not real hockey.
                          Ryan J
                          Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 11-04-2015, 09:56 PM.
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            KKKKKEEEEEEERRRRROOOOOO! on the ice for the Blackhawks, looking great in red tonight. First shift on the ice causes a turnover that leads to the first Chicago goal! The game is on NBCSN if you get that channel. The announcers can't stop talking about Parayko out of Alaska last season and all he did was cough up the puck that leads to the second 'Hawks goal. Pierre better have at least a half dozen factoids for the former WCHA player of the year from Michigan Tech. And to wrap up the game, confirmation that NHL overtime is not real hockey.
                            Ryan J
                            The second Blues goal he was on the ice for he just looked out of place. Other than that he looked good.
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              The announcers can't stop talking about Parayko out of Alaska last season

Ryan J
                              Parayko is legit. 9 points (4G,5A) in 13 games so far as a rookie.

—Brett Hull

Comment

Game Day! Page 2 is not acceptable!

Comment

Working...
                                X