NMU Wildcats 2015-2016 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU Wildcats 2015-2016 Season Thread

It's the start of the season for the Cat's. Our biggest enemy last year was injuries. Here is to a successful, and healthy, season.

Speaking of which. Dahlstrom sat out this weekend vs Wisconsin and the rookie Tolvanen started both games. Tolvanen looked great. Does anyone know the reason Dahlstrom sat out both games?
    Go Cats!

Re: NMU Wildcats 2015-2016 Season Thread

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
    It's the start of the season for the Cat's. Our biggest enemy last year was injuries. Here is to a successful, and healthy, season.

Speaking of which. Dahlstrom sat out this weekend vs Wisconsin and the rookie Tolvanen started both games. Tolvanen looked great. Does anyone know the reason Dahlstrom sat out both games?
    I thought it was a sore knee.

Comment

Cats vs LSSU this weekend. Non-conference series... I am calling an NMU sweep here. I am hoping they get a decent turnout at both facilities. The attendance has been lacking the past few years at the Berry... thats for sure.
      Go Cats!

Comment

What a huge win after the dual ties at Wisconsin! And a hat trick for Robbie Payne to boot! Need more games like this from the 'Cats. Only negative I could see (via just following along on Twitter) is the penalties. Gotta stop taking as many of them.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The Cats played well. The criticism I do have is they lagged at two points during the game. After the LSSU player was injured, LSSU rallied and NMU did not have much defense. The majority of the 3rd period as well. The Cats only had 4 shots on goal in the 3rd... it was almost all LSSU on offense. However, oddly enough, of those 4 SOG... two of them were goals.

Hope Cats can get another W tonight!
          Go Cats!

Comment

Well that sucked....
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Wow, y'all took it to Tech tonight.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Big weekend coming up against the WCHA pre-season favorite landcows of Mankato. 'Cats go into this weekend with a 4-3-3 record (3-2-1 WCHA, T-4). Mankato has a better WCHA record of 5-1-0, but overall are just 6-6-0. At the same opening day of deer season break last year, the 'Cats were 6-1-1 but went on that disastrous month and a half long skid where goalie Mattias Dahlstrom played through some tough injuries to try and keep the W's coming.

'Cats need to get a couple W's this weekend. Need to break the 1-4-1 streak against them the last two years.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Big weekend coming up against the WCHA pre-season favorite landcows of Mankato. 'Cats go into this weekend with a 4-3-3 record (3-2-1 WCHA, T-4). Mankato has a better WCHA record of 5-1-0, but overall are just 6-6-0. At the same opening day of deer season break last year, the 'Cats were 6-1-1 but went on that disastrous month and a half long skid where goalie Mattias Dahlstrom played through some tough injuries to try and keep the W's coming.

'Cats need to get a couple W's this weekend. Need to break the 1-4-1 streak against them the last two years.

Well.. an interesting weekend. Back to back ties... better than back to back losses and the Cats walk away with a few points.
                  Go Cats!

Comment

Best 4-3-5 team in D1 ! ! ! Wait...they're the only 4-3-5 team in D1 ! ! !

NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                      Best 4-3-5 team in D1 ! ! ! Wait...they're the only 4-3-5 team in D1 ! ! !

With a win % of .542. This team isn't bad, and the Finn is keeping this team in games, only twice this season giving up more than three goals. I've never liked having a lot of ties, but I'd rather take the ties this season if they can't get the win (I think we all would).

What I'm more pi**ed about is the poor attendance for a team that has the potential to really bust out. For all the people who whined that "the Berry isn't like Lakeview, there isn't beer sales," ... boy the addition of beer sales really brought those fans back.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

A lot of the fans who were at Lakeview in 1990 have gotten too old to attend or are dead. I moved in 1990 and since then my friends in Marquette will say "hey ++++ died" about twice a year, and those were just the ones at the games that I knew. We keep getting older. The AFB closing took away about 200 fans a game as well. Economic factors too. A little of this, a little of that.
                        "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
                        -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The Big Ten have proposed a rules change to limit how old the oldest kids can be directly to the NCAA (as a fully Division 1 conference, they have the ability to do this), and most of College Hockey is pi**ed at the B1G.

Especially Walt Kyle, who is in full "don't give a f'hawk (1)" mode:
                          "A lot of these schools right now, and I'm not naming names, are doing everything in their power to push the scales in their favor," Northern Michigan coach Walt Kyle said. "A lot of these guys should be embarrassed. They want NCAA (tournament) games on home campus sites. Why is that? These are the same guys who started recruiting 15-year olds, then when everyone else did, they started crying about it. When it comes to playing Northern Michigan, Lake Superior, Michigan Tech — instead of two games on their campus, two on mine, they want four games on their campus.

"All these advantages, so then they still want to hammer this other stuff down. This is the stuff that feeds college hockey, what makes college hockey great. This is why 40 programs survive."
                          "What is the problem? What is your issue? You don't want to recruit those kids, then don't recruit them," Kyle said.

"It's a joke. Number one, these kids graduate. They have a higher graduation rate than the younger kids. Number two, what business do we have to restrict the age of who can and cannot play? We all know junior hockey has become a big component in the development of hockey players and kids want to stay in it for different reasons, and they go into college for different reasons. ... (They are) better prepared to go to college for their experiences. I think those kids do nothing but benefit our game."
                          Good for him. The sport has been flourishing well. Kids developing into NHL'ers, AHL'ers, and NHL teams acknowledging this by drafting and signing more college kids to allow them to mature for them. And now the B1G wants to put a kibosh to it because Don Lucia doesn't like it.

(1) Flying Hawk. F'hawk. He's a supporter of the new North Dakota nickname.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

That was fantastic by Walt. I love it.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

So, I can live with the whole "quality over quantity" thing with S.O.G.... But what the hell happened last night with just 10 shots????
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                              X