NMU Wildcats 2015-2016 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU Wildcats 2015-2016 Season Thread

Let's hope the new NMU Wildcat logo will translate into some more wins and NCAA appearances for the Hockey team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Two more days...

Just curious where you got this photo from? Looks good so far!

Comment

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
        Matt Wellens leaked the same image on Twitter a little while ago. He's apparently seen the whole kit and likes it.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Friend of a friend.

I wish I could get access to more of the logo, but my source didn't have anything other than this.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The new look is out. I'm sold. Complete home run. I almost like the new academic logo better than I do the updated Wildcat. The new Wildcat is a smidge too UNH for me, but that doesn't take away from it.

http://www.nmu.edu/newlogo/

I'm excited. Go 'Cats Go!
            Last edited by aparch; 04-06-2016, 08:25 AM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The new look is out. I'm sold. Complete home run. I almost like the new academic logo better than I do the updated Wildcat. The new Wildcat is a smidge too UNH for me, but that doesn't take away from it.

http://www.nmu.edu/newlogo/

I'm excited. Go 'Cats Go!
              You beat me to it. According to NMU the Wildcat head is an update, not a change. I love it. Can't wait to see the new look all over campus.

Comment

You beat me to it. According to NMU the Wildcat head is an update, not a change. I love it. Can't wait to see the new look all over campus.
                I really like the academic logo, but I am not sure how I feel about the athletic logo. Might need some time to grow on me.

Comment

Absolutely. It's a simpler version of the existing wildcat head. A little meaner looking too. It's likely going to take a year to get the new 'Cat head replaced throughout the sports buildings. There are a half dozen different logos in the BEC alone, and that's just on the walls. It's going to take serious summer work to get all the facilities up to speed.

Also needing updating will be ALL the locator signs for NMU scattered across campus and throughout Marquette. We're going to be playing the game of "Spot the Old Logo" for years to come.

I was nervous about this change, especially after the "Fearless Minds" campaign. I was worried for nothing. These are fantastic.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Absolutely. It's a simpler version of the existing wildcat head. A little meaner looking too. It's likely going to take a year to get the new 'Cat head replaced throughout the sports buildings. There are a half dozen different logos in the BEC alone, and that's just on the walls. It's going to take serious summer work to get all the facilities up to speed.

Also needing updating will be ALL the locator signs for NMU scattered across campus and throughout Marquette. We're going to be playing the game of "Spot the Old Logo" for years to come.

I was nervous about this change, especially after the "Fearless Minds" campaign. I was worried for nothing. These are fantastic.
                    The weirdest thing to me will be seeing the new logo at center field, court and ice. I'm sure it'll look great though. Can't wait to walk into the Dome or BEC for a game this fall and see everything updated. I just got a new hoodie with the old Cat head on it too. Guess I can throw that one out the window.

Comment

I just got a new hoodie with the old Cat head on it too. Guess I can throw that one out the window.
                      Throw it on eBay as a limited edition "retro" logo sweatshirt!

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Your new athletics logo looks like every other contemporary athletics logo with its thick, jagged lines, but your new academics logo is fantastic. That font is just perfect. Much better than Tech's husky-on-a-rock (which has what to do with academics??) and rounded, bunched font.

Comment

Logos look great! Nice to see the cat with more than four teeth.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Like Tech, NMU did a great job with the new logo. Looks really sharp.
                            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              It's likely going to take a year to get the new 'Cat head replaced throughout the sports buildings. There are a half dozen different logos in the BEC alone, and that's just on the walls. It's going to take serious summer work to get all the facilities up to speed.
                              President Erickson said it will likely take 3 to 4 years to replace every single logo on campus.

Comment

Very happy with both logos. Good job!

Comment

Working...
                                X