This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Mine strictly falls into the FirstWorldProblems category. My hairdresser, due to some family issues, now doesn't start her day on Saturdays till 2pm. I need to get my oil changed. No early morning appointments, and you know they're going to recommend other stuff be fixed, which I'm sure will take extra time. Had to push that till the 31st. Stupid crap like that. I am going to the game, but it just now is prohibiting me from getting other stuff done that I really only have time for on Saturdays.

Is anyone else making the trek to Hartford for the UConn game?

Comment

#Team4pmstarts4lyfe who is with me?
      GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
        #Team4pmstarts4lyfe who is with me?
        Ugh. Can't you see we're trying to have real, honest discussion on this forum? Go away, troll.
        Boston University 2014
        It's all part of the plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          I know you're a fan, but for a good number of people they're really annoying. It's an awkward time to start a game, as FOBUH and Scarlet said, it cuts the entire middle of the day out. So if you're travelling in, early afternoon plans aren't possible, if your kids have day activities then you likely can't make the game, or if you have weekend things you'd like to get done it throws a wrench into that. In some sense, I'd almost prefer a 1pm start to the 4pm as that would still leave a chunk of the afternoon as well as all of the evening. That said, I do hope they go back to primarily 7pm games.
          It all depends on preference. Personally I know more people in favor of some 4PM games than against. I do think some 1 PM games could work well too.

Having a game on Haloween is stupid .... That would have been the day to have a 1:00 PM game.
          Last edited by ericredaxe; 10-23-2015, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Watching on NESN+, Air Force at UNO. Just had their new arena debut, nice place. Ex-BU commit Shane Starrett is in goal for Air Force.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
              On a separate note, I noticed JJ Piccinich has 6-5-11 n his first 7 games in London. It appears he's on the top line w/ Matthew Tkachuk. Former recruit Kole Sherwood has 4-7-11 in his first 9 games for the Knights.
              http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s.../54/ls_team/14
              Sherwood was a tough recruiting loss, but due to a loophole in the rules. If Columbus had drafted him in a late round instead of signing him after a strong development camp, he's still be a BU recruit and would be playing in Youngstown rather than London. As it is, BU was trying to get a few NHL teams to consider taking him in the final round. Sherwood only had good things to say about BU and Quinn after signing with CBJ.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Was coming here to say same thing about piccinich. Off to a great start in ohl.

Comment

Our AV department needs work. The interviews and intro music is so loud that its distorted and you can't understand a word.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Our AV department needs work. The interviews and intro music is so loud that its distorted and you can't understand a word.
                    Lovin' these 4pm games. Had all morning and early PM to run errands. Game ended about 6:15. Just completed a nice meal. Now, onto college feetsball. Perfect!!
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Nice article on Travis Roy in this mornings Globe.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...QZN/story.html
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                        Lovin' these 4pm games. Had all morning and early PM to run errands. Game ended about 6:15. Just completed a nice meal. Now, onto college feetsball. Perfect!!
                        4200 for the afternoon start wasn't bad, but last week's home opener vs. Wisconsin had a bigger crowd.

Today's blog post includes a Q&A with David Quinn.

Comment

A technical question:
                          The video clips of the four BU goals linked on GoTerriers.com are shown in HD. But the game highlights video is not. And the Terrier TV Webcast is definitely not in HD (unlike the very sharp RPI streams). Anyone know why?

Comment

Bernie!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...QgM/story.html
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                              A technical question:
                              The video clips of the four BU goals linked on GoTerriers.com are shown in HD. But the game highlights video is not. And the Terrier TV Webcast is definitely not in HD (unlike the very sharp RPI streams). Anyone know why?
                              I've been wondering this for the past two years... The Terrier TV Webcast is pulled directly from the Jumbotron, which really bugs me because the quality is terrible. I'm curious why they can't just stream directly from whatever is filming those HD goal videos like you mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by ZRhett1 View Post
                                I've been wondering this for the past two years... The Terrier TV Webcast is pulled directly from the Jumbotron, which really bugs me because the quality is terrible. I'm curious why they can't just stream directly from whatever is filming those HD goal videos like you mentioned?
                                Even if they pull it from the jumbotron the quality should be much better. I could take a video of the jumbotron from my phone and it would look better than what is on terrierTV.
                                Last edited by Tater; 10-26-2015, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X