X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    Shot attempts (on goal, wide, blocked): 29 vs shots on goal: 12.

Edit: For what it's worth he had 4.3 shots on goal per game last year and is currently at 6 shots on goal per game in this young season.
    Oh sorry. Yeah, Saturday night I saw a lot of shots wide from many players. # of shots attempted was insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
      Oh sorry. Yeah, Saturday night I saw a lot of shots wide from many players. # of shots attempted was insane.
      Ahti's had plenty of opportunities. So far he's been snake-bitten, a few great chances gone wide, not getting good wood, stick broke, things like that. I'm not concerned that he won't come around and start potting a few of them, but Agganis is right, getting him the puck hasn't been the issue.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        Last year Ahti averaged 7.3 shot attempts per game. In the first two games this year he has 29(!) and the highest shots on goal per game played of any player in Hockey East.

There are a handful of reasons to be concerned about BU's offense this year. Not giving Ahti the puck in shooting areas enough could literally be the least of the team's concerns at this point.
        So do you expect him to put up the same goal total he hit last year? There is something to be said for the quality of the pass, how quickly the pass gets there, having the ability to find him in premiere scoring locations (vision), etc.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          So do you expect him to put up the same goal total he hit last year? There is something to be said for the quality of the pass, how quickly the pass gets there, having the ability to find him in premiere scoring locations (vision), etc.
          I don't predict he will score 25 goals this year, because going into the season there isn't a single HE skater I would predict would as it requires plenty of luck (there will probably be 1 or 2 who do, but predicting who they are is a losing proposition). However, his even strength shooting percent on the second line last year with Cason and Robbie as his primary linemates was over 13% (which FYI is very, very good) so his shot was not reliant on an Eichel set up.

Comment

I think Ahti will end up wit 18-20 goals. Any more than that would be gravy. I just don't see this team putting up the offensive numbers they did last year, so most people will come down some.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              Ahti's had plenty of opportunities. So far he's been snake-bitten, a few great chances gone wide, not getting good wood, stick broke, things like that. I'm not concerned that he won't come around and start potting a few of them, but Agganis is right, getting him the puck hasn't been the issue.
              Saturday night, he had a half-open goal on a power play and hit the side of the net? Does that count as a SOG? He also was a forechecking demon, intercepting passes to keep the play in the UW zone.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                Saturday night, he had a half-open goal on a power play and hit the side of the net? Does that count as a SOG? He also was a forechecking demon, intercepting passes to keep the play in the UW zone.
                Not a SOG but a shot attempt, which still factors into the numbers Agganis quotes.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

These 4pm starts are wreaking havoc with stuff I need to get done on Saturdays. Completely shortens my window to do a few things, things I can't get done during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    These 4pm starts are wreaking havoc with stuff I need to get done on Saturdays. Completely shortens my window to do a few things, things I can't get done during the week.
                    Departing the Whitt after 11PM on a February Friday after playing you guys is not something I am looking forward to either. Ironic that there are so many significantly inconvenient game start time changes in a year when overall television coverage has regressed.
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      If I'm to put $ on it, I'd say most Saturday games next season will revert to a 7pm start. I'm not sure front-loading the schedule w/ 4pm Saturday games was the ideal way to "experiment". I know of numerous people who can't go tomorrow or to the Denver game b/c of the start time. Unfortunately I expect paltry attendance for both games (slightly north of 4K is my guess for each).

The biggest benefit (for me) is it opens up Saturday evenings for dinner plans post-game. But it does throw a wrench into getting things done on Saturday afternoons prior to a game.

Comment

On a separate note, I noticed JJ Piccinich has 6-5-11 n his first 7 games in London. It appears he's on the top line w/ Matthew Tkachuk. Former recruit Kole Sherwood has 4-7-11 in his first 9 games for the Knights.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s.../54/ls_team/14

Sure Piccinich is playing against equal and younger talent in the OHL, but I wonder if he improved significantly enough during the offseason where he would've been a regular in the lineup at BU this season and grow into a bigger offensive contributor.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                          If I'm to put $ on it, I'd say most Saturday games next season will revert to a 7pm start. I'm not sure front-loading the schedule w/ 4pm Saturday games was the ideal way to "experiment". I know of numerous people who can't go tomorrow or to the Denver game b/c of the start time. Unfortunately I expect paltry attendance for both games (slightly north of 4K is my guess for each).

The biggest benefit (for me) is it opens up Saturday evenings for dinner plans post-game. But it does throw a wrench into getting things done on Saturday afternoons prior to a game.
                          I'd guess UConn isn't going to draw much more than 4K regardless of 4PM or 7PM.

The Halloween game is a bad day regardless of start time, but I also understand they are not going to have an empty Saturday during the season.

Personally I really like the 4PM games. I hope they keep some in the mix next season.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                            I'd guess UConn isn't going to draw much more than 4K regardless of 4PM or 7PM.

The Halloween game is a bad day regardless of start time, but I also understand they are not going to have an empty Saturday during the season.

Personally I really like the 4PM games. I hope they keep some in the mix next season.
                            I know you're a fan, but for a good number of people they're really annoying. It's an awkward time to start a game, as FOBUH and Scarlet said, it cuts the entire middle of the day out. So if you're travelling in, early afternoon plans aren't possible, if your kids have day activities then you likely can't make the game, or if you have weekend things you'd like to get done it throws a wrench into that. In some sense, I'd almost prefer a 1pm start to the 4pm as that would still leave a chunk of the afternoon as well as all of the evening. That said, I do hope they go back to primarily 7pm games.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I know you're a fan, but for a good number of people they're really annoying. It's an awkward time to start a game, as FOBUH and Scarlet said, it cuts the entire middle of the day out. So if you're travelling in, early afternoon plans aren't possible, if your kids have day activities then you likely can't make the game, or if you have weekend things you'd like to get done it throws a wrench into that. In some sense, I'd almost prefer a 1pm start to the 4pm as that would still leave a chunk of the afternoon as well as all of the evening. That said, I do hope they go back to primarily 7pm games.
                              Since it's been brought up again, I am firmly in the 7pm camp also, partially for the reasons you mentioned. Aside from just enjoying the 7pm time and going out after, sometimes my work requires me to be in on a Saturday and a 4pm game time can be tricky. I also know someone who was going to get season tickets but didn't specifically because of all the 4pm games. His son plays youth hockey in the afternoons so we would have to miss all of those games.

Comment

Initially I was quite receptive to 4pm games. However, the 4pm starts the next 3 Saturday home games are less than ideal for me.

- For tomorrow, I have something going on immediately prior to the game. Hopefully I can get to Agganis by 4pm but I wouldn't be shocked if I get there late.
                                - For the Denver and Providence games, I'll be traveling back from trips I'm on that week. It wouldn't be an issue if those games were 7pm, but the earlier start leaves me with little time after getting home before heading right back out to Agganis. Alternate option is to head straight to Agganis after arriving at Logan.

Also, if last Saturday's game was a 4pm start, I would've missed it due to a long-standing prior commitment.

Comment

Working...
                                X