X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Will there be any banner raising tonight?
    We received a "be in your seats early" email for a banner raising.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      mookie heard yesterday tonight is sold out (shocking since the game isn't at 4p)
      Nope, they opened up two of the student sections on the opposite side since apparently they didn't give away enough of those.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        No...we did win a few championships you know. FWIW, I don't agree with banner ceremonies for things that aren't national championships.
        Was thinking the same thing. BC obviously has banners for hockey east titles but i have never seen any banner go up before a game that wasn't for a national title.

Comment

Kinda absurd if you ask me. You are BU not UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Was thinking the same thing. BC obviously has banners for hockey east titles but i have never seen any banner go up before a game that wasn't for a national title.
            From what I remember, they didn't have any ceremonies prior to the 06-07 season when they won the Beanpot and both HE titles. The banners were just there in the fall. I can see honoring Jack's Hobey win with some kind of recognition, were he able to make the game, but raising banners for conference titles and Frozen Four appearances is below the standards of a program with five real banners. Lowell and UVM hold ceremonies for appearance banners.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
              You know what I think is worst ? A MLB team celebrating with champagne when they just only qualified to play a 1 game qualifying playoff game for the right to get a chance to play in the league championship series like when Houston beat NYY in a 1-game series. Maybe it's me but to me it seems a bit too much.

Maybe I will head over to HAA tonight since it is a short drive or do I drive way up to Lowell ? Maybe UML has cheaper tickets too.
              I am with you on the MLB thing...
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                From what I remember, they didn't have any ceremonies prior to the 06-07 season when they won the Beanpot and both HE titles. The banners were just there in the fall. I can see honoring Jack's Hobey win with some kind of recognition, were he able to make the game, but raising banners for conference titles and Frozen Four appearances is below the standards of a program with five real banners. Lowell and UVM hold ceremonies for appearance banners.
                What an embarrassment it would only be worse if they brought O'Connor in to raise it. Clueless AD!

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                  What an embarrassment it would only be worse if they brought O'Connor in to raise it. Clueless AD!
                  that was really dumb. maybe all the family responders who wished to have 4p starts suggested this so their kids can feel good about their rooting interest. wow.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Really liked what I saw from JFK tonight. Seemed to be in the right place, made the right plays/decisions with the puck, and was pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Kinda absurd if you ask me. You are BU not UNH.
                      Ouch. The truth hurts.

Thanks for beating Wisco. It is way to early to turn to my western back up teams had my #1 and #2 eastern teams both exited the weekend covered in poop.
                      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

that was really dumb. maybe all the family responders who wished to have 4p starts suggested this so their kids can feel good about their rooting interest. wow.
                        The arena seemed pretty full last night. Funny, I thought we needed 4pm games to fill the arena? Or so says the clear majority of fans. (Funny, I can't find said fans)

Originally posted by kbz View Post
                        Really liked what I saw from JFK tonight. Seemed to be in the right place, made the right plays/decisions with the puck, and was pretty fast.
                        Also Chase Phelps - he was everywhere - easily his best game. Oksanan caused quite a few turnovers too but needs to re-find that finishing touch.

Comment

On the banners - I like the way the Beanpot, RS Title, and FF title and the Hobey are done - one banner listing the years/recipients. I don't have an issue with shining a light on the banners as part of a celebration of a great season. I specifically don't have an issue with having a FF banner (with all the year), since I consider that to be the mark of an elite program.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            On the banners - I like the way the Beanpot, RS Title, and FF title and the Hobey are done - one banner listing the years/recipients. I don't have an issue with shining a light on the banners as part of a celebration of a great season. I specifically don't have an issue with having a FF banner (with all the year), since I consider that to be the mark of an elite program.
                            Yup
                            But they should just be updated. We could have sat through a video retrospective before the players came out. Had the trophies on display in the lobby.

Simple
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

As far as the game:

- Agreed of JFK - I really liked what I saw. He'll be a very solid contributor at both ends of the ice.
                              - Also agreed on Phelps - his best game as a Terrier, loved that he was rewarded with a G and an A
                              - Greer definitely had his edge back. He's not going to turn into a 20 goal scorer, at least not this year, but I could see him pitching in 12, while causing anxiety for any opponent on the ice at the same time as him.
                              - Carpenter has shown he belongs. It will be interesting to see if Roberto can supplant any of those 3rd/4th line forwards. They all looked very good. Loved the aggressive forcheking.
                              - McAvoy has a lot of skill, but I'm concerned that the way he plays will be tough for the team to adjust to. I mean he brings "Pinching in" to a whole new level. He seems to be around the net as much as the forwards. Sort of reminds me of how the d had challenges learning how to play with DiPietro's aggressive puck playing style, which led to a handful of easy goals of the opposition.
                              - Good size crowd on hand. Glad to see it. Was worried that the post Eichel era would be tough to get students n the seats for.

Comment

Yup
                                But they should just be updated. We could have sat through a video retrospective before the players came out. Had the trophies on display in the lobby.

Simple
                                Yeah - I actually meant to say - I didn't like the trophies at center ice. Too much of living in the past when you do that. Like you just won them. If I was Quinn, I would have nixed that part - time to move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X