X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    woo boy... pee UUUUUUUUUUUUU

Could be another year with goaltending issues or just an "almost" NC hangover

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
      Could be another year with goaltending issues or just an "almost" NC hangover
      Hope there is a door #3!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

woo boy... pee UUUUUUUUUUUUU

Don't worry, you're playing wisconsin tomorrow. Oh and of course, you have the great david quinn.

Comment

Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

LaCouvee looks timid and out of sync in net, much the same as he did last year. Maguire was better, though let a couple by he shouldn't have. He was ****ED at Tommy Kelley for standing directly in the way of the shooter on their fifth goal - as he should've been.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

That was ugly (watched on the free stream).

Mookie - I am hoping Door #3 is the fact that we played some guys that don't usually play. And maybe the fact that it is hard to look at the other side as your enemy when they have USA on the back and four of them have "I'm coming to BU next year" on their resume - this is only relevant from the physical perspective (I'm thinking AJ Greer and Greenway were holding back a little).

But lots to be concerned about for sure. I'll be there in person tonight. Hoping for a "complete 180".

On the bright side - Keller looked phenomenal, and Bellows sure knows how to put it in the net.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Will there be any banner raising tonight? Some images on the stream seemed to show 2015 listed on the Beanpot and FF banners, so maybe they already did one against Acadia? I would expect they would wait until a real game.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                That was ugly (watched on the free stream).

Mookie - I am hoping Door #3 is the fact that we played some guys that don't usually play. And maybe the fact that it is hard to look at the other side as your enemy when they have USA on the back and four of them have "I'm coming to BU next year" on their resume - this is only relevant from the physical perspective (I'm thinking AJ Greer and Greenway were holding back a little).

But lots to be concerned about for sure. I'll be there in person tonight. Hoping for a "complete 180".

On the bright side - Keller looked phenomenal, and Bellows sure knows how to put it in the net.
                Well, at least you got a preview of coming attractions. Any they can just take their frustrations out on Bucky tonight. Based on what I saw against BC last night, it should be just the cure for what ails them.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Will there be any banner raising tonight? Some images on the stream seemed to show 2015 listed on the Beanpot and FF banners, so maybe they already did one against Acadia? I would expect they would wait until a real game.
                  Yes
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

So BU is like the Colts now putting up banners for second place finishes? ;-)
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      You know what I think is worst ? A MLB team celebrating with champagne when they just only qualified to play a 1 game qualifying playoff game for the right to get a chance to play in the league championship series like when Houston beat NYY in a 1-game series. Maybe it's me but to me it seems a bit too much.

Maybe I will head over to HAA tonight since it is a short drive or do I drive way up to Lowell ? Maybe UML has cheaper tickets too.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

No...we did win a few championships you know. FWIW, I don't agree with banner ceremonies for things that aren't national championships.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                          You know what I think is worst ? A MLB team celebrating with champagne when they just only qualified to play a 1 game qualifying playoff game for the right to get a chance to play in the league championship series like when Houston beat NYY in a 1-game series. Maybe it's me but to me it seems a bit too much.
                          Right there with you!! Back in 2012 when we were in Tampa for the FF, we went to the Rays' home opener on the off day. That was right after Tampa had beat out the Red Sox for the Wild Card on the last day of the season. Remember Longoria hit a homer literally minutes after the Red Sox choked away a win? Well, Tampa renamed part of their stadium "162 Corner" or something like that. They raised a banner. It was bizarre, because I don't even think they won a game in the ALDS.

Back on topic....I believe there are 5 they are raising/unveiling/whatever. Beanpot, Hockey East regular season champ (adding the 2015), Hockey East Champs, Frozen Four (adding the 2015), and Hobey Baker (adding Jack Eichel's name.

Comment

mookie heard yesterday tonight is sold out (shocking since the game isn't at 4p)
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

mookie heard yesterday tonight is sold out (shocking since the game isn't at 4p)
                              It's not because I can see tickets available online in 4-5 sections but maybe a sellout is close
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Only raising new banners for championships (HEA). Adding numbers to existing banners for Beanpot, HEA regular season, and Frozen Four.

Comment

Working...
                                X