Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

total stinker, complete egg laid.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      They were on back to back weekends!
      Actually, they weren't. In between was BU's road loss to Maine in the HE Semis. And of course the HE championship.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Might we see Dillon Lawrence play his first real game tonight? Based on the recap, it sounds like Quinn is ready to sit some guys. Losing Olsson again doesn't help.

Comment

Complete no-show game after the first five minutes. Very disappointing. They can't afford to dig themselves in too big a hole so early in the season. Anyone know why Baillargeon was a healthy scratch?

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
            Complete no-show game after the first five minutes. Very disappointing. They can't afford to dig themselves in too big a hole so early in the season. Anyone know why Baillargeon was a healthy scratch?
            I didn't realize her was. I was going to suggest that he might be who sits for Lawrence today. His PPG output is even lower than last year's disappointing numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
              Complete no-show game after the first five minutes. Very disappointing. They can't afford to dig themselves in too big a hole so early in the season.
              I agree, the worst game I have seen this season (note: I have only been to home games, so I have can't compare it to the Connecticut loss at Hartford. I was especially disappointed with their play in the third after tying it up. And the last two minutes was excruciating.

I also think Coach Quinn made a mistake starting Maguire and then leaving him in the entire game. Truthfully, I was expecting LaCouvee to be the starting goalie the rest of the season and was surprised to see Maguire in net. I talked to another fan after the game who though Maguire had a good game, but I feel that LaCouvee could have made the difference last night. I have been disappointed in Maguire's play this season and last night when he gave up the breakaway goal after the bad turnover I was reminded that it seems to me is unable to stop the puck when facing a breakaway (and which is highlighted when compared to LaCouvee stopping a penalty shot and then doing well in a shootout).

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                I agree, the worst game I have seen this season (note: I have only been to home games, so I have can't compare it to the Connecticut loss at Hartford. I was especially disappointed with their play in the third after tying it up. And the last two minutes was excruciating.

I also think Coach Quinn made a mistake starting Maguire and then leaving him in the entire game. Truthfully, I was expecting LaCouvee to be the starting goalie the rest of the season and was surprised to see Maguire in net. I talked to another fan after the game who though Maguire had a good game, but I feel that LaCouvee could have made the difference last night. I have been disappointed in Maguire's play this season and last night when he gave up the breakaway goal after the bad turnover I was reminded that it seems to me is unable to stop the puck when facing a breakaway (and which is highlighted when compared to LaCouvee stopping a penalty shot and then doing well in a shootout).

Sean
                While the breakaway goal was weak as far as breakaway goals go, Maguire wasn't the reason they lost. No one would've stopped their third goal because all five guys were standing around not moving their feet and the UVM guy had a clean net to shoot on after that pass. I expect Connor to play tonight though.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Lucky
                  That was a bull**** call to make. If the refs don't see it to call they shouldn't be able to conference together and a dude is laying on the ice.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Lucky
                    That was a bull**** call to make. If the refs don't see it to call they shouldn't be able to conference together and a dude is laying on the ice.
                    I missed the game as my daughter had two of her own, but I don't mind if refs confer to get a call right. When they get it wrong however...

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    While the breakaway goal was weak as far as breakaway goals go, Maguire wasn't the reason they lost. No one would've stopped their third goal because all five guys were standing around not moving their feet and the UVM guy had a clean net to shoot on after that pass. I expect Connor to play tonight though.
                    Yes, but I'm not so sure that LaCouvee would have given up the first or second goals. That said, he gave up too many goals today, but it would appear the team played better overall so it didn't cost them.

Does anyone know why Sneddon replaced Mike Santaguida with Pat Feeley after the third BU goal?

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                    NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

So, a hat trick each game, plus an extra goal in one of the games? Anyone recall the last time a Terrier had back-to-back hat tricks?
                      Well, Ahti didn't quite match the 7-1-8 scoring line this weekend.

Chris Drury was the last player to have back-to-back hat tricks for the Terriers: he scored 4 goals vs. Merrimack on 9 Dec 1995 and had a hat trick and an assist vs. Dartmouth on 12 Dec 1995.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                      NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        Does anyone know why Sneddon replaced Mike Santaguida with Pat Feeley after the third BU goal?
                        He got hurt. He looked like he was in a lot of pain.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Lucky
                          If the two referees don't see it, but one of the linesmen do, they can confer and make the call. Especially when it is something egregious.

Comment

Sean
                            Maguire was the primary reason that Parker's last team got to the Hockey East finals, and lost 1-0 to a much-better Lowell team. He has proven to be a big game goaltender.
                            He is still working his way back after a year off.
                            I will take Maguire's best over the best that I have seen so far from LaCouvee, who has been the better goalie this year.
                            Quinn did not blame Maguire for Friday's loss, nor should anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                              If the two referees don't see it, but one of the linesmen do, they can confer and make the call. Especially when it is something egregious.
                              the two refs were looking at it and didn't raise an arm. heck MOOKIE was looking at it and didn't see a penalty. something EGREGIOUS that would cause a 5 minute major generally isn't something that nobody in black/white except for the single linesman is a stretch.

that all came about cause Doyle laid there and brought about a stoppage whistle. they figured they had to call something
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                                Maguire was the primary reason that Parker's last team got to the Hockey East finals, and lost 1-0 to a much-better Lowell team. He has proven to be a big game goaltender.
                                He is still working his way back after a year off.
                                I will take Maguire's best over the best that I have seen so far from LaCouvee, who has been the better goalie this year.
                                Quinn did not blame Maguire for Friday's loss, nor should anyone else.
                                I agree Maguire was a big game goaltender and I think he was better than O'Connor their first two seasons. I believe I also wrote a few posts stating that before the season started. However, after watching him in several games this season and looking at this stats it is apparent he is not the same this season as he was his first two seasons. LaCouvee is the better goalie this season and that is what is important. It also appears to me that the team plays better in front of LaCouvee for whatever reason.

As for blaming a goalie for a loss, it will always happen. I recall a few here blaming O'Connor for losing the NC game, yet I recall Coach Quinn did not blame him. Coach Quinn does not appear to be one to throw any of his players under the bus and I respect that. Furthermore, I said the whole team played poorly, but that a better goaltending performance may have pulled a win (or tie) out of the game. There are times you need a goalie to win you the game and this season I have no confidence that Maguire is capable of doing that.

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                He got hurt. He looked like he was in a lot of pain.
                                Thank for the information. You never like to hear that. I hope it is not serious.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                                NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Working...
                                X