X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Speaking of....

Ahti needs 7 goals for 50 and 8 pts for 100 career!

Mookie would be ok with him hitting those marks this weekend
    So, a hat trick each game, plus an extra goal in one of the games? Anyone recall the last time a Terrier had back-to-back hat tricks?

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
      No to both.

I have previously said that scoring has not been an issue so far this year, but goals allowed has been. In the first 14 games last season BU gave up 25 goals or 1.79gpg, but this season the team has given up 39 goals or 2.79gpg, a full goal per game more than last season.

Sean
      Shockingly, in the first 14 games last year BU allowed 402 shots on goal with a goalie in net (so, excluding ENG situations), and in the first 14 games this year BU has allowed 402 shots on goal with a goalie in net. So the GAA difference is basically entirely driven by save percentage, which was a huge issue in October but was very good in November. Whether October's save% or November's save% was the aberration is likely the key to the season (but of course the answer is likely it is somewhere in between).

Comment

Anyone recall the last time a Terrier had back-to-back hat tricks?
        David Van der Gulik in 2006 Hockey East tournament??? IIRC he had a hat trick in the 2nd QF game vs. UMASS, followed by a hat trick in the Semifinals vs. UNH (the 9-2 game).

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
          David Van der Gulik in 2006 Hockey East tournament??? IIRC he had a hat trick in the 2nd QF game vs. UMASS, followed by a hat trick in the Semifinals vs. UNH (the 9-2 game).
          If I entered the game information correctly into my database David had the hat trick in the 1st QF game vs UMass. According to my database the player who last did it had exactly what mookie wants Ahti to do: 7-1-8 in consecutive games (4-0-4 in the 1st game and 3-1-4 in the 2nd game).

Sean

BU Hockey Games
          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

If I entered the game information correctly into my database David had the hat trick in the 1st QF game vs UMass. According to my database the player who last did it had exactly what mookie wants Ahti to do: 7-1-8 in consecutive games (4-0-4 in the 1st game and 3-1-4 in the 2nd game).

Sean
            I don't think I've ever seen a Terrier score four goals in an official game, so it must be from before my time (2003). It would be nice to see that tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
              I don't think I've ever seen a Terrier score four goals in an official game, so it must be from before my time (2003). It would be nice to see that tonight.
              I've only seen it happen 5 times. The last player to score four goals in a game was Chris Drury vs. Boston College on 11 Dec 1996 (and no, that was not one of the two games I mentioned earlier).

Sean

BU Hockey Games
              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Joe Sacco's 5 goal game needs to be mentioned. North Dakota NCAA's at WBA, right? Or was it NU NCAA's. I always get that confused for some reason.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  Joe Sacco's 5 goal game needs to be mentioned. North Dakota NCAA's at WBA, right? Or was it NU NCAA's. I always get that confused for some reason.
                  Sorry, one of the five games I mentioned was actually Joe's 5 goal effort vs Northeastern in the 2nd game of the HE quarterfinals on 3 Mar 1990. Joe scored all five goals in the 5-2 win to force the third and deciding game of the series. That was the season BU played in three 3-game series and winning all three after losing the first game of all three.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                  NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

So, a hat trick each game, plus an extra goal in one of the games? Anyone recall the last time a Terrier had back-to-back hat tricks?

Sean
                    Guessing before scorlling up to see if anyone answered.

I don't specifically remember Jay Pandolfo doing so, but in his senior year when he had I beleive 5 hat tricks, perhaps he did? I don'tt hink Drury ever did. Anyone in that back to back destruction weekend of Denver inn those mid-90s seasons perhaps?
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Sorry, one of the five games I mentioned was actually Joe's 5 goal effort vs Northeastern in the 2nd game of the HE quarterfinals on 3 Mar 1990. Joe scored all five goals in the 5-2 win to force the third and deciding game of the series. That was the season BU played in three 3-game series and winning all three after losing the first game of all three.

Sean
                      I remember when Sacco buried that 5th goal into an empty net. I want to say Tomlinson unselfishly passed it to him when he could have put it in himself. Everyone in WBA was astounded by the 5 goals. It was a HE record, but I beleive someone from Maine matched it the very next night, while pasting Merrimack or UMass like 16-0. Was Ingraham there or was he still at Air Force? Jean Yves Roy?
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                        I'm telling you, white clam and garlic pizza.....phenomenal.
                        i know, i know but try salami

nice. now if we can only get a nardelli's that would ice the cake
                        oh - ver - ray - ted!

Speaking of....

Ahti needs 7 goals for 50 and 8 pts for 100 career!

Mookie would be ok with him hitting those marks this weekend
                        put the scotch down will ya?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          Wow

First time in recorded history anyone (bomber!!!!) confused UND and NU
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

They were on back to back weekends! I initially thought his 5-goal game was against UND too.

I literally have no voice tonight.

Comment

s.u.c.k.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

s.u.c.k.
                                You're being too nice.

They really got derailed after those consecutive penalties early in the first. Actually looked dominant up until that.
                                Go BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X