This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

1:37 straight in the Cornell zone on the PP. Just couldn't put one in.

Comment

Unfortunate slow start. Seemed as though BU carried most of the play once they finally scored in the 3rd period.

Comment

Where'e TJ Oshie when you need him?

Comment

One thing seems pretty clear now...BU is definitely a 3rd period team!

Comment

Very nice job on the Ivy League Network webcast. Showed the entire handshake line, trophy presentation and BU players posing with the trophy. Good thing I switched over because the BU webcast was unwatchable. Pretty pathetic that a university of this stature cannot get this right. Every rinky-d*nk school is the country does this - even high schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
              Very nice job on the Ivy League Network webcast. Showed the entire handshake line, trophy presentation and BU players posing with the trophy. Good thing I switched over because the BU webcast was unwatchable. Pretty pathetic that a university of this stature cannot get this right. Every rinky-d*nk school is the country does this - even high schools.
              Yes Cornell feed was beautiful no hitches

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                One thing seems pretty clear now...BU is definitely a 3rd period team!
                Tempted to say that this isn't a team you want to play at the end of the season but LaCouvee needs to get a lot better before I would say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                  Tempted to say that this isn't a team you want to play at the end of the season but LaCouvee needs to get a lot better before I would say that.
                  True...but they're playing better. It's early and ideally you want to peak in March anyway...

Comment

I feel like he is getting better with every game. I love to see his excitement - first with the penalty shot stop, and then tonight.

Fun atmosphere tonight. I really like this event. Not as full as in previous years but there were more than 17k there tonight. I know it goes in the books as a tie, which is fine by me considering how not very well they played the first two periods, but d@mn it if it didn't feel like a win. Probably because they had to make a comeback. Again. I thought that after they tied it 2-2, they seemed to be very unsettled and very omigosh we just tied it and almost took the lead!!! After Cornell scored to make it 3-2, I feel they actually settled down a bit. Man, Danny O'Regan is going to see that empty net in his dreams. Glad that Greer finally scored. He played really well tonight. That line played exceptionally well.

Comment

Good morning! I have questions:

- My CHN push notification said 4-3 BU soon after they tied it. Was a goal reviewed and taken off the board?
                      - Did anyone listen to the radio feed with Jack doing color? If so, how was he?
                      - What was the fan split? More Cornell than BU? If so, by how much?
                      - Who would be against shoot-outs to decide tie games? (one extra point earned.) If you want, keep it as a tie for the NCAA # crunching.

BU Hockey: Red Hot Third Periods
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Can only address two of the questions (well, one and a half). I listened for half of the 1st period. He was actually pretty good...told a lot of stories about things that happened during his tenure as coach. But I had to switch over to the Ivy League Network because the audio and video on the BU feed was out of synch. The audio was 10 seconds ahead, so it's unwatchable when you are looking at something that happened ten seconds ago and you already know what's coming. I wish I could have heard the entire game on the BU feed, but the Cornell broadcaster was actually very good and fair. I can guess at another question based on the crowd shots...it looked to be about 70% Cornell fans. The crowd audio on the Ivy League feed was turned way down (or they didn't have a crowd mike) so you couldn't tell by the noise.
                        Last edited by chickod; 11-29-2015, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Man, Danny O'Regan is going to see that empty net in his dreams.
                          But what a great move he made on the shootout goal!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

- My CHN push notification said 4-3 BU soon after they tied it. Was a goal reviewed and taken off the board?
                            - Who would be against shoot-outs to decide tie games? (one extra point earned.) If you want, keep it as a tie for the NCAA # crunching.

BU Hockey: Red Hot Third Periods
                            No goal was scored to take the lead. That was a CHN screw up. I put the fan breakout as 2/3 Cornell, 1/3 BU. Maybe a bit more Cornell. But when BU scored it was loud. Game was not a sell out about 10 minutes before game time it looked like it was barely half full but it did fill up. The three seats next to me were empty. Wonder if they were sold and people chose not to come?

I did like the idea of the shoot out last night as there was hardware to award. Other than that, no.

Comment

The three seats next to me were empty. Wonder if they were sold and people chose not to come?
                              Probably mine which I could not sell (was unable to go for personal reasons). Which, of course, sets me up for your response, "Boy, was I lucky!"

I did like the idea of the shoot out last night as there was hardware to award. Other than that, no.
                              Yes...they did the same thing in the tournament in Belfast, because in a tourney you have to have a winner. But, I agree, generally I don't see the point (maybe because it still reminds me after all these years of the old "mini one-on-one" on Channel 38...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                Can only address two of the questions (well, one and a half). I listened for half of the 1st period. He was actually pretty good...told a lot of stories about things that happened during his tenure as coach. But I had to switch over to the Ivy League Network because the audio and video on the BU feed was out of synch. The audio was 10 seconds ahead, so it's unwatchable when you are looking at something that happened ten seconds ago and you already know what's coming. I wish I could have heard the entire game on the BU feed, but the Cornell broadcaster was actually very good and fair. I can guess at another question based on the crowd shots...it looked to be about 70% Cornell fans. The crowd audio on the Ivy League feed was turned way down (or they didn't have a crowd mike) so you couldn't tell by the noise.
                                Listened to the TerrierTV archive for a while this morning. Parker was quite good. The Ivy Digitial Network archive is also available. Sitting at the BU end (and enjoying the much better band) I thought it was a good 1/3 Terrier fans.

Outside of the second Cornell goal, when he failed to cover a loose puck, LaCouvee played well and I was glad to hear he thought he should have had the two deflected goals. Big stop on the breakaway.

For those who didn’t see the game, don’t think this was another sleepwalk-for-40-minutes, then-turn-it-on-performance. After the first five minutes, the first period was even and BU had a great chance that hit iron. Same applies to the second, as Quinn noted. O’Regan was robbed by Gillam on a 2-on-1 at the end of the second. Lots of cycling down low by both team. It’s SOP for Cornell, but BU did it well despite being outweighed an average of 10 lbs/skater. Really good work by AJ, Greenway, and Olsson
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X