This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Do I get a prize for being there last night? A few loyalty points perhaps? 47-15. Shots are nice, goals are better. Need more finish from the forwards who aren't Finnish.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

I always loved the games this night, but it might be time to rethink them.
      I was on Facebook this morning and saw my post from last year and how the traffic getting to the game was a nightmare. Showing my age here - but back in the day, Tuesday was not as big of a getaway day as it is now. I think that's why this game was more fun and better attended. I agree that it might be time to put this game to rest.

That said - glad to see a win. It should've been a bigger win, though. Their goalie didn't seem to be standing on his head making fab save after fab save. At least not till the third period. BU was totally outplaying them yet every time Bentley got the puck I was nervous. I hate that feeling. I need to have more faith.

Who else is heading to NY for Red Hot Hockey? I'm heading down on Friday.

Comment

Mookie left Chinatown at 610 and was in his seat at 640. Usual Friday night he has no chance of that taking 30min.

Bomber got to sit with scarlet for a bit. That was your reward!

And scarlet is lucky Mookie didn't ask her about a shutout
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Mookie left Chinatown at 610 and was in his seat at 640. Usual Friday night he has no chance of that taking 30min.

Bomber got to sit with scarlet for a bit. That was your reward!

And scarlet is lucky Mookie didn't ask her about a shutout
          You did enough when you asked when the last time was BU played a penalty-free game and then the team proceeded to commit two and be on the wrong side of a 5-on-3. I was fully expecting a Bentley goal in the last minute to ruin Maguire's shut out.

ETA: Really good post on the whole age restrictions thing.
          Last edited by Scarlet; 11-25-2015, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I don't know how Northeastern got swept by Bentley. That team is easily the worst team I have seen BU play in years. BU completely dominated play start to finish, both shots and territorially.

In fact, in light of that, I am kind of disappointed BU didn't have a couple more goals. I know there were a couple of crossbar clings, but BU played down to their competition and was sloppy at times.

Their focus, and Grzelcyk, should be back Saturday. Looking forward to Red Hot Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              Do I get a prize for being there last night? A few loyalty points perhaps? 47-15. Shots are nice, goals are better.
              Wasn't your name on the message board enough?

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              Need more finish from the forwards who aren't Finnish.
              Or half-Finnish like JFK. Will be repurposing that line, Bomber.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

cause nu is that bad.

for all the shots on goal, bu prolly had 60 attempts that missed. out up front skill needs to develop a weeeeeee bit more as there are guys who either missed the barn entirely or hit the goalie in his belly. greer and greenway need to emerge immediately if this team is going anywhere. it's one thing to have potential but something more to bring it to the forefront already.
                (just remember, bu had to play up a defenseman. all we need to know about the lack of fwd depth right now)

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                  Wasn't your name on the message board enough?

oh yah. hbd bomber

Comment

Bentley's goalie played out of his mind too. Northeastern is terrible for a Hockey East team but they can still pop a few goals in if you take them lightly
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      Bentley's goalie played out of his mind too. Northeastern is terrible for a Hockey East team but they can still pop a few goals in if you take them lightly
                      NU has turned into UMass during the Joe Mallen years.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Who else is heading to NY for Red Hot Hockey? I'm heading down on Friday.
                        Do you need or know anyone who needs two tickets? They're electronic so they can just be emailed. We can't go (and I'll leave the political commentary out of it to appease bomber and brassbonanza). I would assume most people have bought tickets way in advance...that's what we did last time and this year as well so I know there's not much chance at this late date. If you do, please contact me and then we'll go offline to discuss the logistics. Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          (and I'll leave the political commentary out of it to appease bomber and brassbonanza
                          Good job leaving it out!
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Good job leaving it out!
                            Fine...but do you know anyone who is looking for tickets?

Comment

Thanks for the HBD's.

JFK is half Finnish and half Swedish!? Isn't that like a BU alum breeding with a BC alum?
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                Thanks for the HBD's.

JFK is half Finnish and half Swedish!? Isn't that like a BU alum breeding with a BC alum?
                                That would be Swedish and Norwegian.
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X