X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
    TV wanted a double-header with a later game out West.

You can question whether that's worthwhile, but Agganis really mismanaged the change. I feel bad for people who looked at ticket with a 7:30 time and never learned that start had been moved up by 90 minutes. And at the end of the game, it was a clown show getting out of the parking garage: just one exit gate was open and obviously the traffic police hadn't learned of the shift as they were scrambling to get up to Comm Ave long after lots of people had left the building. Those are first-world complaints, I know, but it shouldn't be that hard to get the word out.
    really?!?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      Between the first and second periods, clueless studio host asked clueless studio analyst this important question: "Did you expect Michigan to score two goals in the first period?"

It was delayed on SNY in NY/NJ/CT with a 7:30 start. No Denver-Wisco game.
      Studio guys were beauties. "never played at Agganis, but my friends tell me it's awesome"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
        Between the first and second periods, clueless studio host asked clueless studio analyst this important question: "Did you expect Michigan to score two goals in the first period?"

It was delayed on SNY in NY/NJ/CT with a 7:30 start. No Denver-Wisco game.
        Delayed in MA too. My dad left at the end of the 2nd... Got home to Waltham to turn on to see if he could catch the end of the third, and got to see.... The end of the second!

Comment

At least two people in my group didn't know that the game was at 6 pm until...6:15 pm. We all can argue over the 4 pm games, but these 6:00 times are absolutely brutal for everyone involved. It's 100% solely for TV, BU hates them as well. Ticket sales suffered too, every other Michigan game at Agganis over the years has sold out or been virtually sold out, this one wasn't even three-quarters full. Considering both Northeastern and Providence were both much fuller I have to assume were this in the normal 7:30 slot, it'd have been either sold out or nearly sold out. Good luck getting anywhere in Boston at 6:00 on a Friday without leaving at 3:30 or 4:00. Comm Ave was a parking lot outside Agganis before gametime.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            Delayed in MA too.
            Really? Interesting...it was live on DirecTV. Did you watch on cable? Maybe your carrier delayed it?

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
              Really? Interesting...it was live on DirecTV. Did you watch on cable? Maybe your carrier delayed it?
              It was my dad so I'm not 100% sure. He has FIOS... But I don't know what channel. I assumed NESN

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                It was my dad so I'm not 100% sure. He has FIOS... But I don't know what channel. I assumed NESN
                Hmmm...so here's the deal. I DVR'd the game. The way DirecT does it is you schedule the show, not the time slot. So I guess it's possible that even though it said "6:00p.m." in the guide, the game actually wasn't on at 6:00 but it recorded anyway because the link was to the program and not the time. Did anyone actually watch it live? Because I can't understand why they would list it at 6:00 if they were going to delay it. It was NESN, because it was Tom Caron and Billy Jaffe. And they promoted the 2nd game (Denver) during the broadcast...I just didn't leave it on long enough to see if it was actually shown.

Comment

Either way, I've got to say that if I want to watch a game from the West, I'll either DVR it or stay up and watch it. But I don't agree with moving games in the East to 6:00 (and I get it, TV RULES) and I don't think the execs get it that the number of watchers they actually "gain" is next to nothing. I'm not sure the executives get that with the congestion in the East, many can't get to these games on time. But the SCHOOLS know, so apparently they are not protesting - just taking the money and looking the other way.

Comment

No worries, you guys could be down 10-0 entering 3rd and still pull a point out of your ***

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      At least two people in my group didn't know that the game was at 6 pm until...6:15 pm. We all can argue over the 4 pm games, but these 6:00 times are absolutely brutal for everyone involved. It's 100% solely for TV, BU hates them as well. Ticket sales suffered too, every other Michigan game at Agganis over the years has sold out or been virtually sold out, this one wasn't even three-quarters full. Considering both Northeastern and Providence were both much fuller I have to assume were this in the normal 7:30 slot, it'd have been either sold out or nearly sold out. Good luck getting anywhere in Boston at 6:00 on a Friday without leaving at 3:30 or 4:00. Comm Ave was a parking lot outside Agganis before gametime.
                      Not even kidding when i say i am seriously considering not going to the BC-BU 6 PM game. Might give tix to my dad and just watch the rest on tv when i get home from work at 6 or so.

Comment

Lost the game and Grizz. Unpleasant afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Lost the game and Grizz. Unpleasant afternoon.
                          Any info on Griz injury? I was there but can't tell if it was his foot or ankle.

Comment

• Not for nothin' but the play McLeod blew that directly led to the 4th Michigan goal was the worst I've seen at Agganis (or anywhere else) this season. Atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                              Not for nothin' but the play McLeod blew that directly led to the 4th Michigan goal was the worst I've seen at Agganis (or anywhere else) this season. Atrocious.
                              there was a whole lotta atrocious play by the bu boys.. never seen a puhssee bu team like this get taken off every puck and swept up along the boards.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• I guess I'm take the two points after playing maybe 15 decent minutes for the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X