X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Also, I like red a lot but i've always wondered if he's underachieved at michigan overall. With all the resources available to him...
    ya think? what if he didnt have iron save his arse twice in 1998? Two out of 30 with those resources is terrible, 1 out of 30 would have been even beyond pathetic

Comment

• Mookie must have told the team that the pregame party was in the FOH Lounge and that the game time was changed to 8:00.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        ya think? what if he didnt have iron save his arse twice in 1998? Two out of 30 with those resources is terrible, 1 out of 30 would have been even beyond pathetic
        They weren't suppose to win it in 1998- 11 freshmen. 1997 they had 11 NHLers. But, he'll never be remembered for wins, conference titles, 22 straight tourney trips... just national championships.

Comment

ugly 1st goal for the blue and a bad pk gave them the 2nd. terriors played decent enough after that and had a good 3rd. all in all not a bad night.

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          They weren't suppose to win it in 1998- 11 freshmen. 1997 they had 11 NHLers. But, he'll never be remembered for wins, conference titles, 22 straight tourney trips... just national championships.
          98 was mookie's favorite Red championship
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Just got back from the game.

- Obviously a very entertaining game. Three goals in the third, a Penalty Shot saved to preserve the tie, then having to kill off a penalty for 2 of the last 3 minutes.
            - I was very impressed by Michigan. They made BU look pretty bad for two periods. They bottled up the neutral zone and the BU d struggled to handle the aggressive forecheck. Bu was making a lot of poor passes into skates and behind players, mostly due to the pressure.
            - I though McAvoy really struggled in his own end with some poor decisions. I'm not sure if he is really a first rounder, but he will certainly need at least a second year at BU to up his game.
            - Greenway is definitely adjusting to the college game. The points will start coming eventually.
            - The two goals in 30 seconds or whatever it was reminded me of Walter Brown in the 90s. Seems like we had at least three games every year with comeback flurries.
            - Another solid game for Lacouvee. Stopped a breakaway and the PS. I presume we'll see him again tomorrow.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

The two goals were 12 seconds apart.

Liked LaCouvee's celebration after stopping the penalty shot. I thought he played well. Stupid penalty by Greer at the end of the game. I was worried they would give up that game tying goal. Good to see a strong PK that late in the game.

How did you guys think Diffley played at forward?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                The two goals were 12 seconds apart.

Liked LaCouvee's celebration after stopping the penalty shot. I thought he played well. Stupid penalty by Greer at the end of the game. I was worried they would give up that game tying goal. Good to see a strong PK that late in the game.

How did you guys think Diffley played at forward?
                Diffley...ehhhh. Not a slight to him, considering he had what, four or five days to practice the position? Better than Tommy Kelley, and he provides the option to slide in a sixth D if one takes a penalty. Didn't see what Greer did, but after seeing what they were letting go all night long, to call something there, it had to have been pretty **** bad. Absolutely perplexing officiating both ways all night.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995
                  98 was mookie's favorite Red championship
                  Matt O'Conner, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Any chance the band can learn this oldie before 4 p.m. Hardly subtle, but it might help.
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      Matt O'Conner, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!
                      Ooooooh, burn. Would've been a teeny bit more impactful if you spelled his name correctly.

Comment

• Why was yesterday's game at 6PM? Absolutely ridiculous trying to get to Agganis for a 6 PM game in Boston traffic on a Friday night. I asked two people at the arena why. They both looked at me like I had just dropped him from freaking Mars. 😱

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                          Why was yesterday's game at 6PM? Absolutely ridiculous trying to get to Agganis for a 6 PM game in Boston traffic on a Friday night. I asked two people at the arena why. They both looked at me like I had just dropped him from freaking Mars. 😱
                          Because of the horrible contract with ASN network. Using NESN announcers but studio group is unwatchable they get 2 games by starting at 6. Did Wisconsin Denver later but NESN did not carry.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                            Why was yesterday's game at 6PM? Absolutely ridiculous trying to get to Agganis for a 6 PM game in Boston traffic on a Friday night. I asked two people at the arena why. They both looked at me like I had just dropped him from freaking Mars. 😱
                            TV wanted a double-header with a later game out West.

You can question whether that's worthwhile, but Agganis really mismanaged the change. I feel bad for people who looked at ticket with a 7:30 time and never learned that start had been moved up by 90 minutes. And at the end of the game, it was a clown show getting out of the parking garage: just one exit gate was open and obviously the traffic police hadn't learned of the shift as they were scrambling to get up to Comm Ave long after lots of people had left the building. Those are first-world complaints, I know, but it shouldn't be that hard to get the word out.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                              Because of the horrible contract with ASN network. Using NESN announcers but studio group is unwatchable they get 2 games by starting at 6. Did Wisconsin Denver later but NESN did not carry.
                              So the game was showed on a delayed schedule? Can anyone double confirm? Why on earth start at 6:00 to only show it on tape delay?

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                                Between the first and second periods, clueless studio host asked clueless studio analyst this important question: "Did you expect Michigan to score two goals in the first period?"

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                So the game was showed on a delayed schedule? Can anyone double confirm? Why on earth start at 6:00 to only show it on tape delay?
                                It was delayed on SNY in NY/NJ/CT with a 7:30 start. No Denver-Wisco game.
                                Last edited by Rogie21; 11-21-2015, 12:42 PM.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X