X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    One other thing: the rumor that Red Berenson will retire is hotter than ever and he is not hiding his feelings that this may be his last year.
    What's with some very strange Berenson comments reported on Twitter yesterday?
    "BU is playing in their brand new rink"
    "We'll need a good PK you know what those referees are like out in the east"
    "BU's whole team from last year is back, but we lost our top rookie in Larkin who turned pro."

He also was still complaining about Eichel's goal from last year's BU-UM game. A fan whose son went to Michigan explained: "Michigan fans think that Red lost it years ago, but he's their legend."
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      "BU's whole team from last year is back, but we lost our top rookie in Larkin who turned pro."

He also was still complaining about Eichel's goal from last year's BU-UM game. A fan whose son went to Michigan explained: "Michigan fans think that Red lost it years ago, but he's their legend."
      Odd quotes and complaining from a legendary coach that has lost his marbles. I feel like I've heard this story before!
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Odd quotes and complaining from a legendary coach that has lost his marbles. I feel like I've heard this story before!
        It has gone downhill since cav pulled his hand out of jrrrry's backside and moved to Hartford
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

- Glad we are done with Agganis Arena and into the beautiful Jason Alexander/Bunker Hill Memorial Arena. Agganis had too many urinals.
          - No comment on the refs, but perhaps they are the reason for all the Eastern NCAA titles lately.
          - Actually, our whole team is not back. We lost Anthony Moccia.

On the goal complaint, reminds me of Shawn Walsh (RIP) on the Amonte hand pass goal in the 91 HE Title game - Shawn brought that one up whenever he wanted to fire up the troops. Only difference is that in Walsh's case, he was right. Eichel's goal was reviewed and allowed to stand. Certainly one of the oddest tip in goals you will see, but it was legit. Hopefully, he'll put another one in for us this weekend.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Red is absolutely correct about the refs out here!

Comment

Also, I like red a lot but i've always wondered if he's underachieved at michigan overall. With all the resources available to him...

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Red is absolutely correct about the refs out here!
                Hockey East had the 2nd fewest PIM per game of the 6 conferences last year, actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                  Hockey East had the 2nd fewest PIM per game of the 6 conferences last year, actually.
                  How does that imply they are any good?

Comment

Lots of rebounds out there

Comment

Lots of rebounds out there
                      Not to mention empty seats
                      And Michigan faithful

Comment

Unless i'm missing something, these aren't hockey east refs. Mcinchak and pochmara?

Comment

Mookie how'd you like that play from mcavoy

Comment

Mookie how'd you like that play from mcavoy
                            Almost got an assist

Comment

Unless i'm missing something, these aren't hockey east refs. Mcinchak and pochmara?
                              Mcinchak and pochmara were both ccha guys that are probably B1G refs now. Not sure why it wouldn't be hockey east guys
                              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G
                              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                              2 Alaskan

Comment

Not sure if they still do this in college football but i believe the visiting team brings refs from their conference when it's an out of conference game

Comment

Working...
                                X