X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Um, I ran that message board the first seven years that is was in existence and was working it that day. Who are you?
    I'm Joe, surely you may remember me. Laura A. (the assistant director of sports marketing back then) brought a bunch of us on to help in '89 (I stopped in '91 when I moved away to go to grad school). We ran Super Shot also.
    Last edited by wysi; 11-18-2015, 03:16 PM.
    Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Friends of BU Hockey,

Good afternoon, I hope this note finds you looking forward to an exciting weekend of hockey. The Friends Lounge will be closed following Friday’s game versus Michigan, as well as Tuesday’s game against Bentley, due to a previously scheduled event occurring in the space. As a reminder, the Burke Club Room is accessible only for Premium Seat Holders. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

We hope to see you in Agganis Arena throughout the weekend and into next week cheering on your Terriers.

Go BU!

seems the F stands for "eff you" to FOH
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Friends of BU Hockey,

Good afternoon, I hope this note finds you looking forward to an exciting weekend of hockey. The Friends Lounge will be closed following Friday’s game versus Michigan, as well as Tuesday’s game against Bentley, due to a previously scheduled event occurring in the space. As a reminder, the Burke Club Room is accessible only for Premium Seat Holders. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

We hope to see you in Agganis Arena throughout the weekend and into next week cheering on your Terriers.

Go BU!

How can you possibly expected to enjoy the game under these conditions? Barbaric

#FirstWorldProblems
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

While I find it totally frustrating that they're renting out that space, the truth is, the only people now using that room are parents (and their friends and family members) waiting for the team. There are maybe 8 diehards that go down there. And mookie is not one of them so I don't know why he finds it such a bad thing.

Also - we are playing Michigan this week, right?? Why the lack of chatter??? Who will play in goal? Will Brien Diffley play/Charlie McAvoy sit again? Is Olsson out? Is Michigan supposed to be good this year or what?

Comment

While I find it totally frustrating that they're renting out that space, the truth is, the only people now using that room are parents (and their friends and family members) waiting for the team. There are maybe 8 diehards that go down there. And mookie is not one of them so I don't know why he finds it such a bad thing.

Also - we are playing Michigan this week, right?? Why the lack of chatter??? Who will play in goal? Will Brien Diffley play/Charlie McAvoy sit again? Is Olsson out? Is Michigan supposed to be good this year or what?
            I assume Maguire will get a start once in the next three games, right? Probably either Saturday or Tuesday?

Comment

"they're" renting that out?

that is the FOH room. YOU should be the one renting that out. or if HAA is they should be paying into your account!!

..and with it now being a parents kiss & kry room there is no reason to go. no more cookies or beverages. waste of space.
              (speaking of, with it being rented out does it now have beverages and food? )

Comment

At a glance there still appears to be more tickets available for Friday than for Saturday (and while I didn't count, it does not look like much has changed in the last few days). I'm sure at some point the section 107 to 109 tickets will be released (when does that usually happen?).

Millions of tickets are available for the Tuesday game. I think I'm kind of with F_O_BU_H on this one. Part of me loves the Tuesday before turkey game, but it does seem like as the years go by, more and more people are leaving town on Tuesday instead of Wednesday which gives this game less sizzle.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                  I assume Maguire will get a start once in the next three games, right? Probably either Saturday or Tuesday?
                  Connor in net Friday, Diffley in for Olsson at forward per Quinn. Roberto sure did something bad.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Friends of BU Hockey,

Go BU!

When I saw the title of the email, I thought it was an update on the status of that idea to turn the Friends Lounge into a sports bar.

I don't care that it is closed this weekend since its been closed between periods the last two seasons and I don't use it anymore. The "reminder" that the Burke Room is not accessible to FOH is really the "eff you." Shouldn't even been in there. The right thing to do would have been to open the Burke room to FOH in lieu of the Friends Lounge since it is not available. Maybe use this opportunity to {gasp} maybe entice more premium seat sales? The overall demise of the Friends Lounge really mirrors the apparent demise of FOH overall. Nowadays, from my viewpoint anyways, FOH is pretty much the well done twitter account and Terrier Pride points. The Lounge was the nice benefit. It was a great benefit in Walter Brown. So-so benefit when Agganis opened, putting it virtually in the basement, segregated from the very nice Burke room. Now the Friends Lounge is virtually non-existent. I really hope FOH gets to be better again. I still donated this year and the program really benefits from it.

Aside from that email, my recommendation would be to scrap the Friends Lounge altogether given its location and turn it into that "sports bar." When it was open between periods it was almost impossible to get there, enjoy a drink, and get back to your seat before the end of the intermission. I think at a certain donation level TBD, FOH should be granted access to the Burke room and the bar there between periods and maybe after the game. No access to the buffet there or any other perks of premium seats. It would encourage higher donations to FOH and let people in who actually want to SPEND MONEY to have a cocktail there.

Comment

but tater!!!!! the "survey" let DQ know that levels weren't a big deal to FOH!! all FOH survey responders wanted was to send in some $$$ and that's it. mookie must have been the only one telling them that they had a chance to restore FOH and make it a vibrant community around the hockey team. 99-1

Comment

I'm guessing that Lacouvee plays both nights if he looks good on Friday. And maybe in that scenario, Maguire gets Bentley.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          Connor in net Friday, Diffley in for Olsson at forward per Quinn. Roberto sure did something bad.
                          Do you really think Roberto is still on the team at this point? I assume they're just waiting until the end of the semester to make an official announcement since that is when he can transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                            Do you really think Roberto is still on the team at this point? I assume they're just waiting until the end of the semester to make an official announcement since that is when he can transfer.
                            Can anyone comment on whether or not he has been practicing with the team? Not sure that matters, but curious.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              Can anyone comment on whether or not he has been practicing with the team? Not sure that matters, but curious.
                              On IBUH tonight, Quinn said Roberto would be back in the line-up in the next week or two. With the team playing three games in five nights, it wouldn't be a surprise for him to play Tuesday against Bentley.

For those in NY/NJ/CT, SportsNet New York (SNY) is airing Friday's game on a delayed basis at 7:30 p.m.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

If you follow the so called experts, Michigan is part of a conference that should get no attention at all.

Strengths: exciting individual NHL caliber players that are what I deem risk/reward, especially the two kids on the blueline-Werenski and Downing. The top six forwards are fast, skilled and will push the offense. Checkout freshman Kyle Conner. He won't make anyone forget about Dylan Larkin, but he is a goal scorer that makes the Columbus Blue Jackets drool.

Weaknesses: Defensive zone coverage, defensemen positioning (especially jumping up into the play) and lack of back checking by the forwards. Goaltending has been non-D1 worthy since Shawn Hunwick graduated several years ago. No question that this is why this program has not been in the NCAA tourney the past three seasons even with a boatload of NHL draftees.

One other thing: the rumor that Red Berenson will retire is hotter than ever and he is not hiding his feelings that this may be his last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X