• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Not just any former Terrier. The great Tony Amonte! #AnnoyingRule
    I wasn't sure if that was Amonte so left out his name
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      I was going to post "you mean Ty's father?", but you beat me to the Amonte punch. (Apparently, Ty had a good showing recently, might he make his way onto some recruiters radar?)

They were pulling the nets off the moorings with the zamboni door open when they started discussing if the goal should stand, if I recall correctly.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        I was going to post "you mean Ty's father?", but you beat me to the Amonte punch. (Apparently, Ty had a good showing recently, might he make his way onto some recruiters radar?)
        He's had enough good showings to make Central Scouting's players to watch list with a C rating. At the Mass. Midget championships, he set up a tap-in game-winner to send the Cape Cod Whalers to the nationals in the Spring.
        Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSports 15h15 hours ago:
        Last comment for tonight, the improvement from Ty Amonte is remarkable. He's a whole diff player, was terrific in all 3 zones, w, w/o puck.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

We've got a Tkachuk on the way. Does McEachern have any boys playing? We could bring in a 1990-91 generational first line reunion class
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Taking a quick glance at Ticketmaster, it looks like there are more seats available for Friday than for Saturday. Although not a tremendous amount available for either. I'm sure available seats in 107-109 would be released at some point as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
              We've got a Tkachuk on the way. Does McEachern have any boys playing? We could bring in a 1990-91 generational first line reunion class
              His daughter is one of the team managers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                His daughter is one of the team managers.
                Shawn was at Saturday's game
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  Taking a quick glance at Ticketmaster, it looks like there are more seats available for Friday than for Saturday. Although not a tremendous amount available for either. I'm sure available seats in 107-109 would be released at some point as well.
                  6pm Friday starts are infinitely worse than 4pm Saturday for attendance. I know it's for TV, but it's awful. There were so many late arrivers at PC last week, the place didn't fill until the second period and the amount of people obstructing views in the aisles walking in was insane.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    6pm Friday starts are infinitely worse than 4pm Saturday for attendance. I know it's for TV, but it's awful. There were so many late arrivers at PC last week, the place didn't fill until the second period and the amount of people obstructing views in the aisles walking in was insane.
                    And a heads up to anyone going on Saturday to avoid going thru Kenmore/Fenway post-game b/c of BC-ND football.

FWIW Even though it's a 7pm start, I've grown less fond of the traditional Tuesday before Thanksgiving game. Traffic is so bad that day w/ all the parents of college kids coming in & taking their kids home. This year's opponent also makes it easier for me to consider skipping the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                      And a heads up to anyone going on Saturday to avoid going thru Kenmore/Fenway post-game b/c of BC-ND football.

FWIW Even though it's a 7pm start, I've grown less fond of the traditional Tuesday before Thanksgiving game. Traffic is so bad that day w/ all the parents of college kids coming in & taking their kids home. This year's opponent also makes it easier for me to consider skipping the game.
                      I can see considering skipping this years game after the lopsided result the last time they played this years opponent

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        We were in the press box at WBA (running the message board that was underneath the press box) that night. We cheered so loudly when Amonte "scored" that Gary Strickler ran down to tell us off.

Imagine our disappointment when not only was the goal waved off, but Amonte got a penalty for not leaving the ice after his helmet had come off.
                        Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Originally posted by wysi View Post
                          We were in the press box at WBA (running the message board that was underneath the press box) that night. We cheered so loudly when Amonte "scored" that Gary Strickler ran down to tell us off.

Imagine our disappointment when not only was the goal waved off, but Amonte got a penalty for not leaving the ice after his helmet had come off.
                          Um, I ran that message board the first seven years that is was in existence and was working it that day. Who are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Um, I ran that message board the first seven years that is was in existence and was working it that day. Who are you?
                            you're not THAT old that you'd forget are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              you're not THAT old that you'd forget are you?
                              I don't forget that weekend. It was a Saturday afternoon game in 1990, January 18th, I believe. It was the day before I went into the hospital for some surgery. It was snowing by the time we left and I had plans that night, I remember driving to Weston. The ride to Mass General Hospital the next day was treacherous. My friend, who was the sports marketing person at that time, and technically my boss, gave me a program signed by the entire team. David Sacco was hurt and not playing and in the press box that day, hurt his shoulder I believe.

That said - I can't remember where I put my glasses........

Comment

Priorities

Comment

Working...
                                X