• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    A lot of johnny come lately friar fans?
    y'all haven't had to experience them yet, have you

the may be the worst ever!!! walkin out a fat one with a pony tail was yelling "you think tying the #1 team make you relevant?!?! well it doesn't!!"

the proverbial *****clown
    jon would have had a bag over his head
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

This is small potatoes compared to the woeful officiating, but did anyone watching on TerrierTV notice that the cameraman was more interested in showing players climbing over the boards than in following the puck? It's why subscribers didn't see Lane commit the phantom infraction.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

the may be the worst ever!!! walkin out a fat one with a pony tail was yelling "you think tying the #1 team make you relevant?!?! well it doesn't!!"

Gawd the bandwagoners were awful this weekend. Couldn't tell you the first thing about the sport, the team, the rules, nothing. I know it happens with every upstart program that suddenly gets good, but these were some of the worst I've seen, at both venues too. The yahoos hanging out of a pickup truck on Agganis Way after last night screaming at the top of their lungs were special. After a tie, really?
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          Gawd the bandwagoners were awful this weekend. Couldn't tell you the first thing about the sport, the team, the rules, nothing. I know it happens with every upstart program that suddenly gets good, but these were some of the worst I've seen, at both venues too. The yahoos hanging out of a pickup truck on Agganis Way after last night screaming at the top of their lungs were special. After a tie, really?
          yeah what was going there even some local news picked it up http://tinyurl.com/o4xybxh

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            yeah what was going there even some local news picked it up http://tinyurl.com/o4xybxh
            Your execution was even worse than Matt's on that puck.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              Your execution was even worse than Matt's on that puck.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

On an unrelated note (and I'm not going to get into a political discussion over this), I have two tickets for Red Hot Hockey. Given the recent events, my wife has decided that she doesn't want to travel to the country's largest city on the most popular travel weekend of the year (and I don't blame her). If anyone is interested, please let me know and we can make arrangements.

Section 118, Row 19, Seats 7 and * (directly on the blue line high enough to see above the glass but still in front of the concourse). These are good seats...I bought them on April 2. I will sell them both for $100 (I paid $171 including fees).

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  On an unrelated note (and I'm not going to get into a political discussion over this), I have two tickets for Red Hot Hockey. Given the recent events, my wife has decided that she doesn't want to travel to the country's largest city on the most popular travel weekend of the year (and I don't blame her). If anyone is interested, please let me know and we can make arrangements.

Section 118, Row 19, Seats 7 and * (directly on the blue line high enough to see above the glass but still in front of the concourse). These are good seats...I bought them on April 2. I will sell them both for $100 (I paid $171 including fees).
                  The terrorists are winning.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Are you sure that wasn't Hoky? He is a Providence fan, after all.

Rankings came out. BU moved up to 10. Providence stayed at #1. Which I don't get given that Quinnipiac is a perfect 10-0. But polls/poles/pohls don't matter!

Comment

He probably never attended a game in the Army or Pooley era....I go all the way back to the McShane days. The good old battles with BU back then including a BU game winner at WBA called back because a forward didn't have his helmet on.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        The terrorists are winning.
                        I'm not going to get into a political discussion over this, I'm just going to make a political statement instead of just saying I have two tickets I can't use!
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          He probably never attended a game in the Army or Pooley era....I go all the way back to the McShane days. The good old battles with BU back then including a BU game winner at WBA called back because a forward didn't have his helmet on.
                          Or the literal battle between the goalies (JP McKersie vs. Dan Dennis) in 1994 at WBA where McKersie skated the length of the ice and started whaling away at Dennis while other fights were taking place!

Comment

The bandwagoners were out in full force. Wide age range. I suspect some of them didn't even know PC had a hockey program until recently, much less even know who Tim Army and Paul Pooley are as Zlax alluded to.

FWIW last year's BU-Union game was quite bad in terms of bandwagon visiting fans. Had Union coed & her dad sitting behind me; the student was fine but the dad was beyond annoying with his non-stop, overzealous chest-puffing about the 2014 Union team. I finally had enough and said a few (admittedly condescending) things to him about his lack of hockey IQ.
                            Last edited by Friend_of_BU_Hockey; 11-16-2015, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Are you sure that wasn't Hoky? He is a Providence fan, after all.

Rankings came out. BU moved up to 10. Providence stayed at #1. Which I don't get given that Quinnipiac is a perfect 10-0. But polls/poles/pohls don't matter!
                              I actually think I might have been sitting near Hoky on Saturday. It was a guy with what appeared to be a wife and kid, and they were very, very into the game, very closely watching one of the Providence players every time he was on the ice, they were wearing that player's jersey, etc. The guy I think might have been Hoky spoke the English language with as much grammatical correctness as Hoky does on this message board.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Not just any former Terrier. The great Tony Amonte! #AnnoyingRule
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X