• Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Quinn channeling angry jack?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Not the worst idea in the world. Providence is a tough team to play against. They're physically mature, disciplined and patient. They prevent goals first and capitalize on mistakes. I think lost in the mix of them winning it all last year was that their "profile" is no different than it always was. They're a defensive team that is boring to watch and even tougher to play. It's been like that since the early 70's (which is as long as I have been watching). So DQ needed to light a fire under the team. At this point, what difference is another penalty going to make if they aren't going to score anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Even the most mild mannered coach would be livid at this sham job. I've never heard the refs booed so loudly at Agganis.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          Not the worst idea in the world. Providence is a tough team to play against. They're physically mature, disciplined and patient. They prevent goals first and capitalize on mistakes. I think lost in the mix of them winning it all last year was that their "profile" is no different than it always was. They're a defensive team that is boring to watch and even tougher to play. It's been like that since the early 70's (which is as long as I have been watching). So DQ needed to light a fire under the team. At this point, what difference is another penalty going to make if they aren't going to score anyway?
          They seem to get away with that style of play even more in their home rink and they keep pounding and pounding you. I remember a couple of our players were hurt at the Schneider Arena as the refs seem to allow a lot of that chippy play. That is how they play and how they win with the type of players they have.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
            They seem to get away with that style of play even more in their home rink and they keep pounding and pounding you. I remember a couple of our players were hurt at the Schneider Arena as the refs seem to allow a lot of that chippy play. That is how they play and how they win with the type of players they have.
            One major each of the last two plus seasons on PC hockey and only one ejection in the last two plus years...yep physical but not dirty.

The officiating was atrocious this afternoon as they were calling penalties which were nowhere near penalties. The tying PC pp goal, the player who committed the penalty was right in front of me and did nothing wrong.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Kevin Shea should donate his check from today's game to charity. Diabolical.

Comment

through 10 games.

senior class 13-21--34
                juniors 02-06--08
                sophmores 10-10--20
                freshmen 09-19--28 (and surprisingly greenway is 0-2--2)
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  One major each of the last two plus seasons on PC hockey and only one ejection in the last two plus years...yep physical but not dirty.

The officiating was atrocious this afternoon as they were calling penalties which were nowhere near penalties. The tying PC pp goal, the player who committed the penalty was right in front of me and did nothing wrong.
                  pc was owed a pp there (each team finished 2/7 on the pp).

hea is friggin' embarrassing
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Exactly...they were owed a PP...great officiating ;-)

Comment

Attendance listed at 5508. Biggest crowd of the year? Did it seem that full?

Comment

A lot of johnny come lately friar fans?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Attendance listed at 5508. Biggest crowd of the year? Did it seem that full?
                          Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          A lot of johnny come lately friar fans?
                          It was tongue in cheek, but there were a ton of Friar fans there. 4PM starts make it easier for away fans to come because they get home earlier.

The crowd was loud which was good to see. 3 goals somewhat quickly in the third to tie and take the lead will do that but loved the intensity of the crowd tonight. No one can say this building can't get loud. I would say the attendance is accurate. Lots of kids.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            If BU breathed wrong they were going to get called there. Shea was so in over his head all night making give-back calls both ways that it became a crap show.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

ahem excuse you mookie, did you miss bertanga hiring some overseer of refs to ENSURE THE HIGHEST QUALITY OFFICIATING????

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                If BU breathed wrong they were going to get called there. Shea was so in over his head all night making give-back calls both ways that it became a crap show.
                                Exactly...

Comment

Working...
                                X