X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I have had the worst day today. And seeing your posts in the BU Recruiting thread just made this stress headache a bit worse. And then I saw this post and totally laughed out loud and agree completely. Other than you and me, there's probably only a handful of people here that post that have any idea who Lawrence Welk is.

He was an example of someone who defined the generation gap. Parents, grandparents loved him; my generation looked at him and asked, "why?"
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
      [/B]

He was an example of someone who defined the generation gap. Parents, grandparents loved him; my generation looked at him and asked, "why?"
      why? cause dancing gets a boy the pooty
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Hey Mook, Bucci disagrees with your first take on McAvoy

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/13...ed-game-strong

3. Boston University Loaded on D, and freshman D Charlie McAvoy looks excellent.

These rankings are from today (he commented on how Providence looked against Miami)

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

3. Boston University Loaded on D, and freshman D Charlie McAvoy looks excellent.

These rankings are from today (he commented on how Providence looked against Miami)
          McAvoy is a very good player. Said in my post a while back, he isn't there to watch and learn.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

he scored that goal and may have been a -4

was standing around on 2 of the goals watching free guys right in front of him collect pucks and shoot.
            on another goal he tried to jump out of the zone and left a guy in deep for union who of course got the puck and waited out macguire to score.

i'm sure (i hope) he is very talented and will be a big asset. but his first attempt at d1 hockey left much to be desired and will be a learning experience (not one to save on the video and relive the excitement).

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              he scored that goal and may have been a -4

was standing around on 2 of the goals watching free guys right in front of him collect pucks and shoot.
              on another goal he tried to jump out of the zone and left a guy in deep for union who of course got the puck and waited out macguire to score.

i'm sure (i hope) he is very talented and will be a big asset. but his first attempt at d1 hockey left much to be desired and will be a learning experience (not one to save on the video and relive the excitement).
              He has things to learn and certainly will have an adjustment period with the speed and physicality of the college game. But it's very apparent he's got a boatload of talent. He's also the youngest player in the country, won't be 18 until Christmas.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                He has things to learn and certainly will have an adjustment period with the speed and physicality of the college game. But it's very apparent he's got a boatload of talent. He's also the youngest player in the country, won't be 18 until Christmas.
                all true. and mookie has said over and over that there is a word for 18yo defensemen who can play. 'chris pronger' if charlie was a couple months older and got drafted early he may very well have not been here. BUT...... that doesn't mean he didn't play the role of a turnstile saturday night. we can only go up from here now

Comment

I just watched the ESPN E:60 on Travis Roy. Powerful piece. I really can't say much more. Jeez, he's spent half his life in that chair.

Comment

all true. and mookie has said over and over that there is a word for 18yo defensemen who can play. 'chris pronger' if charlie was a couple months older and got drafted early he may very well have not been here. BUT...... that doesn't mean he didn't play the role of a turnstile saturday night. we can only go up from here now
                    Speaking of turnstiles, remember when another highly regarded D from the U18s was introduced rudely to college hockey as a freshman? Mentored by Quinn, he eventually improved in the d-zone.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSsNtjiIIjs
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I realize that the season is underway, but as I was updating my database with player numbers I noticed that Oksanen and Lawrence are both wearing their third different number at BU. That makes them the 9th and 10th Terriers to do so, and Lawrence could become just the second Terrier to wear four different numbers in his BU career next season. Does anyone know who the only Terrier to wear four different numbers was (and what 4 numbers he wore)?

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        I have had the worst day today. And seeing your posts in the BU Recruiting thread just made this stress headache a bit worse. And then I saw this post and totally laughed out loud and agree completely. Other than you and me, there's probably only a handful of people here that post that have any idea who Lawrence Welk is.
                        I hear "champagne bubble music" is making a comeback.
                        Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          Speaking of turnstiles, remember when another highly regarded D from the U18s was introduced rudely to college hockey as a freshman? Mentored by Quinn, he eventually improved in the d-zone.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSsNtjiIIjs
                          without clicking is this shattenkirk getting a great view of jvr's goal?

(said many times, with young defensemen you take the good with the bad)

Comment

Bingo, and as is often the case, I was thinking the exact same thing as Rogie, but didn't go to the trouble of finding a clip of it.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                              I realize that the season is underway, but as I was updating my database with player numbers I noticed that Oksanen and Lawrence are both wearing their third different number at BU. That makes them the 9th and 10th Terriers to do so, and Lawrence could become just the second Terrier to wear four different numbers in his BU career next season. Does anyone know who the only Terrier to wear four different numbers was (and what 4 numbers he wore)?

Sean
                              Wow - no idea. Is it someone since 1987? If so, I'll try to rack my brain. Otherwise, it is hopeless.

Did Oksanen start with 3 before going to 2?

Can your database answer this? - what number is the one most frequently moved "from". I remember a string of guys starting with 25 (I think that was the number) and switching away from it. I think Magowan was one.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Most certainly is.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X