X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Originally posted by wildo555 View Post
    Sorry for posting on this thread but coming down from NH for game today. What are chances of a sell out?
    An intersting question as the debate about 4 pm starts has raged on this board since the schedule was released. The Agganis website shows 61 scattered individual tickets available, 2 pairs of two seats together, and 69 tickets in the visitor section PC apparently returned yesterday. BU also sells several hundred standing room tickets and there are also always some tickets available from resellers/scalpers. Also the Ticketmaster ticket exchange shows 19 tickets for resale (4 pairs of two, 2 groups of 4 and 1 group of 3).

Sean
    Last edited by Sean Pickett; 11-14-2015, 10:30 AM.
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
      An intersting question as the debate about 4 pm starts has raged on this board since the schedule was released. The Agganis website shows a 61 scattered individual tickets available, 2 pairs of two seats together, and 69 tickets in the visitor section PC apparently returned yesterday. BU also sells several hundred standing room tickets and there are also always some tickets available from resellers/scalpers. Also the Ticketmaster ticket exchange also shows 19 tickets for resale (4 pairs of two, 2 groups of 4 and 1 group of 3).

Sean
      They also haven't released sections 107-109 yet, so there is likely a good number of tickets there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
        Which is completely ridiculous. I thought that Quinn would probably sit him but in no way did it rise up to league action.
        You don't know Joe.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
        NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Which is completely ridiculous. I thought that Quinn would probably sit him but in no way did it rise up to league action.
          Which Providence players were suspended for reaching out of the bench area, pushing, shoving, punching the BU players on the ice, and taking Greenway's stick and throwing it down the hallway behind the Providence bench?

Comment

Oh come on now, that pales in comparison to " one of the worst hits" Coach Leaman has ever seen.

So is today's game on regular NESN? Because there's a sports bar right next to my hotel and they said they would put the game on one of their eleventy million TVs if they can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Oh come on now, that pales in comparison to " one of the worst hits" Coach Leaman has ever seen.

So is today's game on regular NESN? Because there's a sports bar right next to my hotel and they said they would put the game on one of their eleventy million TVs if they can find it.
              hahahaahhahahaa. no

tomorrow's 5p game with umlol @ umo is on though
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Oh....I think it's a replay of last night's game. Crap.

Comment

They also haven't released sections 107-109 yet, so there is likely a good number of tickets there.
                  80 tickets at the bottom of 109 have been released. Also there are now 72 tickets available in other sections, some pairs and a group of 4 - I believe they may include the ticket exchange tickets. Only 29 tickets remain the in the visitor's section.

Sean
                  Last edited by Sean Pickett; 11-14-2015, 11:52 PM.

BU Hockey Games
                  NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

So I have to chime in here. First of all, the number of tickets sold is irrelevant, because many of those people won't go once they have realized that the Pats are playing at 4:30. Second, I get the whole "TV" thing and how the networks control the start times. Fine. But what's the excuse for Sunday? The game is not on TV, so why is it at 4? Under what scenario is that a good decision? We can't use any of the following:
                    - Team has to fly back
                    - They have class the next day
                    - They played late the night before so they need rest

Given that the NFL schedule is "flexible," it's understandable that when the schedule came out they probably assumed that there would be a Pats game at 1:00 (although 4 still makes no sense because how can you get to a 4 p.m. game when the football game wouldn't even be over until at least 4:15?). Fine. Why couldn't they change the start time once they realized the game had been flexed to 4:30? Yes, I know there's the DVR argument, but in Massachusetts it's almost impossible to not find out the result of a game like this before you can watch it.

It's hard to understand the logic...

Comment

Am I missing something? The game is at 4 today, not tomorrow. Or are you talking about something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Am I missing something? The game is at 4 today, not tomorrow. Or are you talking about something else?
                        No. I got completely lost in a time warp because of my job and actually didn't get home to watch the DVR of the game until 2:00 a.m. this morning. I didn't really look at the schedule, but I could have sworn (I almost feel like running it back just to check) that Tom Caron (of course, that should have been a clue right there) said "These two teams will go at it again Sunday at 4." But I may have been wrong. Sorry if I confused anyone (although I think the only person I confused was myself).

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          No. I got completely lost in a time warp because of my job and actually didn't get home to watch the DVR of the game until 2:00 a.m. this morning. I didn't really look at the schedule, but I could have sworn (I almost feel like running it back just to check) that Tom Caron (of course, that should have been a clue right there) said "These two teams will go at it again Sunday at 4." But I may have been wrong. Sorry if I confused anyone (although I think the only person I confused was myself).
                          Dude, you just love to complain. Glad Tom Caron provided you some good material.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            Dude, you just love to complain
                            Only when I'm in the mood...

Comment

Anyone else having trouble logging onto the blog? Free Press site not found.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

They tweeted they're having technical difficulties.

Comment

Working...
                                X