This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

The early returns on how O'Regan and Oksanen would do without Eichel are positive. Both are ahead of last years PPG pace, O'Regan by a good margin.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      Started at Merrimack last Friday, had a very poor game and was eventually pulled. Since then Connor performed fairly well against DU, and had two solid games this weekend. We'll see Maguire again relatively soon, I would think. Connor hasn't yet done enough to solidify himself as the definite #1.
      Two solid games? You're calling Friday night's game solid? (Someone alert mookie and Jofa, I'm going negative.) The kid barely looks like a D1 goalie to me. He plays too deep in the crease, he's skittish when things get hairy in front of the net and he's lousy with the puck. I think this is going to be a big problem for this team all year. Hope I'm wrong.

BU Hockey: Puck Stops Where?
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        The early returns on how O'Regan and Oksanen would do without Eichel are positive. Both are ahead of last years PPG pace, O'Regan by a good margin.
        Thirteen of their combined 19 points recorded since JFK moved to C1.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          Two solid games? You're calling Friday night's game solid? (Someone alert mookie and Jofa, I'm going negative.) The kid barely looks like a D1 goalie to me. He plays too deep in the crease, he's skittish when things get hairy in front of the net and he's lousy with the puck. I think this is going to be a big problem for this team all year. Hope I'm wrong.

His performance on Friday, outside of the terrible stretch in the second, was excellent. His third period was very, very good. Not sure what you want him to do when pucks are being tipped above the crossbar (though there was really no camera angle to prove it) and being knocked in by his own D men.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Big step up for BU with a home and home against the likely number 1 team in the nation..
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              Big step up for BU with a home and home against the likely number 1 team in the nation..
              Our boys don't play the igles for some time...
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                It was very important for BU to get 4 pts this past weekend as well as get a road W. It's tougher w/ only 22 HE games to catch back up if one digs themselves a deep hole early in conference play.

The PC and Michigan series will go a long way towards determining what type of team BU could be this season. Lots of positives so far but also many ?s.

I really like the revamped 1st line of JFK centering Ahti and O'Regan. O'Regan clearly seems more comfortable on the wing and JFK has definitely passed the "eye test" and looks like he could be a very good D-1 player. It's good to see Ahti get on the score sheet the last 3 games; once he broke thru vs. Denver I felt he might start scoring in bunches. Hope he proves me right.

Cloonan has been a very pleasant surprise. Really like his speed and cleverness, and seems like the type of player that can play anywhere in the depth chart and find ways to contribute. On that line Greenway is starting to show more signs of using his size to his advantage. I thought he would have contributed more offensively early on, but I definitely believe there's a huge upside to his game that hopefully will come through as the season progresses.

I'm surprised BU has been able to score at a comparable pace this year sans Eichel & E-Rod. And to do so w/ guys like Baillargeon, Greer and Greenway a combined 1-5-6 in 8 games. Didn't think Hickey would be tied for the lead in goals and have also enjoyed watching the improvement in Fortunato's game, esp. his confidence and willingness to shoot the puck.

Having Grzelcyk back is huge. His goal Saturday was a beauty - nice burst of speed thru the neutral zone. Pairing him w/ McAvoy will be vital towards McAvoy's growth; Saturday was the best game I've seen him play so far, esp. in his own end.

Entering the season I had more confidence in the team's goaltending than I do now. I still think LaCouvee could be solid #1 and hope these next few weeks will be when he proves it. Having said that, I was very encouraged by what I saw from Maguire to start; hopefully he gets his confidence back and can still be a major contributor as the season progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Our boys don't play the igles for some time...
                  No comment needed
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    No comment needed
                    cool
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                      It was very important for BU to get 4 pts this past weekend as well as get a road W. It's tougher w/ only 22 HE games to catch back up if one digs themselves a deep hole early in conference play.

The PC and Michigan series will go a long way towards determining what type of team BU could be this season. Lots of positives so far but also many ?s.

I really like the revamped 1st line of JFK centering Ahti and O'Regan. O'Regan clearly seems more comfortable on the wing and JFK has definitely passed the "eye test" and looks like he could be a very good D-1 player. It's good to see Ahti get on the score sheet the last 3 games; once he broke thru vs. Denver I felt he might start scoring in bunches. Hope he proves me right.

Cloonan has been a very pleasant surprise. Really like his speed and cleverness, and seems like the type of player that can play anywhere in the depth chart and find ways to contribute. On that line Greenway is starting to show more signs of using his size to his advantage. I thought he would have contributed more offensively early on, but I definitely believe there's a huge upside to his game that hopefully will come through as the season progresses.

I'm surprised BU has been able to score at a comparable pace this year sans Eichel & E-Rod. And to do so w/ guys like Baillargeon, Greer and Greenway a combined 1-5-6 in 8 games. Didn't think Hickey would be tied for the lead in goals and have also enjoyed watching the improvement in Fortunato's game, esp. his confidence and willingness to shoot the puck.

Having Grzelcyk back is huge. His goal Saturday was a beauty - nice burst of speed thru the neutral zone. Pairing him w/ McAvoy will be vital towards McAvoy's growth; Saturday was the best game I've seen him play so far, esp. in his own end.

Entering the season I had more confidence in the team's goaltending than I do now. I still think LaCouvee could be solid #1 and hope these next few weeks will be when he proves it. Having said that, I was very encouraged by what I saw from Maguire to start; hopefully he gets his confidence back and can still be a major contributor as the season progresses.
                      Agree with all of that, but still aren't completely sold on LaCouvee. The two third periods against Northeastern helps. Still fondly remember Maguire backstopping JP's last team all the way to the HE Final when he was excellent.
                      This team will go as far as it goaltending will take them this season.

Comment

Just browsing through stats looking at what that punk Nolan Vesey has for points (0), and it is apparent how bad things have gotten over at Maine. Their goaltender who has played the most games with 6, has a .934 sv pct and 2.13 GAA. Pretty good stats, huh? He is 0-4-2. Ouch.

Comment

TSN's schedule of 44 NCAA games for Canadian subscribers includes at least six BU games--and potentially as many as 12 BU games, beginning with Friday night’s game at Providence. Also on the schedule: Michigan (11/20), Quinnipiac (12/12), BC (1/15), Beanpot vs/ Northeastern (2/1), Beanpot Final (2/8), Notre Dame (2/26), the Hockey East Championship (3/19) and all of the NCAA tournament.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                            TSN's schedule of 44 NCAA games for Canadian subscribers includes at least six BU games--and potentially as many as 12 BU games, beginning with Friday night’s game at Providence. Also on the schedule: Michigan (11/20), Quinnipiac (12/12), BC (1/15), Beanpot vs/ Northeastern (2/1), Beanpot Final (2/8), Notre Dame (2/26), the Hockey East Championship (3/19) and all of the NCAA tournament.
                            Is it official the Beanpot is on TV? I figured they would work it out, but as of right now it isn't listed on USCHO or goterriers.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                              Is it official the Beanpot is on TV? I figured they would work it out, but as of right now it isn't listed on USCHO or goterriers.com.
                              I would imagine TSN picked this up with the knowledge that they'd be televising someone else's feed. I can't imagine they'd send a broadcast team and equipment down from Canada for the Beanpot.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                I would imagine TSN picked this up with the knowledge that they'd be televising someone else's feed. I can't imagine they'd send a broadcast team and equipment down from Canada for the Beanpot.
                                I believe the local feed is NESN.

Comment

Working...
                                X